Continental Hotel Budapest
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
4,624 results
All reviewsrooftop poolcontinental zaraaraz restaurantgallery bargreat hotelrevolving doorjewish quarterwellness centredeluxe roomszimpla kertruin barspillow menutop floorcity breakthe riverspa facilitiesbars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Returned to Budapest for a 5 night stay. Previously stayed at the sister Zara hotel (boutique hotel nr vaci Utca) and knew to expect good service. However we got a much larger room this time (which was a standard room - we arrived late and couldn't use the TA upgrade voucher). Hotel is very nice inside and staff were very helpful. The location is ideal - 12 min walk to Deak ferenc ter and same for Andrassy ut (nr Oktogon) and a 5min walk to the 4/6 tram line which connects to all the main city attractions/ transport. If staying check out Kazinczy Utca (2 streets away) - there is a huge Ruin pub and also many good cheap eats (sandwiches/ Thai/ Mexican etc). Also the main thoroughfare (again 2 streets/ 2min walk) Rakoczi has late night money change/ 24hr supermarkets.

Room Tip: high floor atrium was quiet
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Dear km991148,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback. It makes me extremely delighted, that after you visited our other hotel, you gave a try to the „big sister” and I am especially proud, that we managed to exceed your expectations in regards to the service quality.

I was sorry to hear, that we were not able to consider your tripadvisor voucher. As you probably know, it is always upon availability, and I am sure, that my collegues at the reception are trying their best to accomodate all upgrade demands – and as you can see from other reviews, in most cases requests are approved. From now on we are going to provide a special offer for the patronage of tripadvisor.com: a discount at our restaurant, and massage department – I truly hope, that it will be just as popular as the upgrade opportunity.

Our staff strives to provide each and every guest with an enjoyable and memorable stay, so we are pleased your encounters with our staff were friendly and helpful as well.

I am truly glad, that you found our location to be convenient for visiting the many attractions surrounding us. As Budapest is a fairly „walkable” city, and our hotel is situated just half-way between the two main tourist areas of Heroes Square and the downtown area, it is highly recommended for those, aiming to discover the city. As you mention yourself above, in the area there is a rich selection of restaurants, pubs and bars, „hidden treasures” in the small streets, surrounding the hotel.

I truly hope, that we will have the privilege to welcome you back very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2012

My wife and I spent four nights here in August 2012. We decided on this hotel having read previous reviews on tripadvisor and were not disappointed. We were delighted that we were able to use the offer on tripadvisor at the time for a free room upgrade. The room was excellent and whilst having modern facilities (including wifi in the room) the character of the building had been tastefully retained. The location is great and the rooftop swimming pool was ideal after a day's sightseeing as the temperature was in the mid 30s. We would definitely recommend anyone to stay here.

1  Thank benandkaren

Dear benandkaren,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your fantastic review on Tripadvisor. As you mention yourself, we have several guests, choosing the hotel based solely on previous guest’s reviews. That is one of the main reasons, we pay special attention to customer service and appreciate your generousity of taking the time.
It is my great pleasure to note that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay, and had a very pleasant experience in our wellness area. This summer was extremely hot (actually it still is), our outdoor pool was (and is) a fairly significant addition to the hotel services.
I am particularly pleased, that you liked the ambiance and the construction of the building, which is the result of a meticulous and careful planning period and a long-term and complex construction work.
Thank you again for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again during your next stay in the area,

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2012

We travelled across Europe by train to Budapest, and the hotel car was waiting to collect us at the station when we arrived. At the hotel we were greeted by professional friendly staff who could not do enough for us, and we were escorted to our room by a lovely porter called Lazzio who made us so welcome. The room had been upgraded to a Deluxe at no extra cost and we were very comfortable throughout out three night stay. The public areas in the hotel are beautiful, clean and bright, and we felt very relaxed. We dined in the Aras restaurant in the hotel while we were staying there, and the food was superb, the service excellent and the price very reasonable. The breakfast was to die for, everything you could possibly think of was there, and again the service was excellent. A wonderful three days and we will definitely be going back there.

Room Tip: We had a Deluxe room which was everything we needed and very comfortable.
3  Thank milo04
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Dear Milo04,

I feel hearty satisfaction from your detailed review. This is our goal, and I am happy that we did not fail.

I really appareciate your kind words and your excellent scores and look forward to your promised return.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Excellent hotel, very good rooms and in a nice location. The breakfast was very good, but coming from Scandinavia one probably would expect more.

The staff was very friendly and service excellent.

Can nothing but recommend this hotel!

3  Thank Christian S
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Dear Christian S,

Thank you for your delightful headline (it couldn’t be more flattering) and for your review on your stay at Continental Hotel Budapest ****superior. We are pleased to hear that we could meet your expectations, and that you recommend our services to other travelers, looking for a relaxing city break in the heart of Budapest. I thank you also for praising our breakfast in general, and if you have some spare time, I am truly excited to hear, how we should improve our breakfast selection in order to impress even more our deeply honored Scandinavian guests.

Thank you for your cooperation, kindest regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2012

The location is excellent with the Danube about 15-20 mins walk away, and metro and bus access nearby. In old 'Jewish' quarter with good small restaurants, 'ruin' bars etc. The area around the hotel was quiet and felt very safe ( like all of Budapest where we visited). The staff were helpful and pleasant and had good English. Breakfast ( included in our tariff) offered extended choice, though the dining area is very large and busy, so breakfast was not a restful experience! The ensuite room( standard)was rather small we thought, but adequately provisioned. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were rather spartan.The conversion of the hotel from the original spa building, has been done well and imaginatively in the public rooms. The spa is small, and I tried a couple of times to book a last minute massage ( unsuccessfully) but I felt that the massage reception ( a separate company?) was rather off- hand in their manner, and not particularly helpful. Overall a good value hotel that we would recommend.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 284Babs
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Dear „284Babs”!

First of all let me thank you for taking the time and for your kind comments in regards to your stay at Continental Hotel Budapest ****superior.
We put great emphasis on atmosphere, service, and training and it is great that you felt exactly that. It makes me also delighted, that the interior and the design of the hotel, as well as the breakfast and the location of the property were at your satisfaction – these features all contribute to the success and exceptional reputation of our property.

As the massage is one of the most popular services of the hotel, we usually recommend to make a reservation in advance – as last minute requests, just as you have mentioned, can be accepted on very few occasions. Thank you also for pointing out the inadequate manner of our colleague at the massage area, I will immedieately look into the matter, as such behaviour towards our guests is completely unaccaptable.

I sincerely hope, that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel again for another memorable stay.

Kind regards,