Continental Hotel Budapest
US$150
US$298
US$270
  • Restaurant
La Prima Fashion Hotel(Budapest)
US$125
US$109
Agoda.com
US$110
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
4,669 results
All reviewsrooftop poolcontinental zaraaraz restaurantgallery bargreat hotelrevolving doorjewish quarterwellness centredeluxe roomszimpla kertruin barspillow menutop floorcity breakthe riverspa facilitiesbars and restaurants
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We stayed here for four nights in October 2012 and thought it was great! It started well when we were given an upgrade to half board , with meal vouchers giving us flexibility as to which meals to take in the hotel's first class restaurant. Our rooms were lovely - modern and comfortable. We thought the hotel was a fantastic design - really spacious and classy - and particularly liked the cocktail bar upstairs. Food was first class. Good location - easy to get to everywhere in Budapest from Zara. Dont miss the spa baths! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you spent some time in our ARAZ Restaurant, in our Galery Cafe and used our spa facilities as well. I am more than happy that we did not fail in providing our services and you were satisfied for the value you paid.

Many thanks for your kind recommendation and best regards,

Reviewed 30 December 2012

The hotel was great, the service good. A little disappointed that we were led to believe that the superior rooms were bigger. They cost 100 euro to upgrade, they were no bigger and all you fit was coffee and a house coat to wear. I used the housecoat once and had one cup of coffee. Apart from that I would most certainly recommend the hotel

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear Tony H,

many thanks for sharing your experiences with the readers even with the only disappointment. I was sorry to hear that you found the daily surcharge of 20 euros not worth for the size and the extra amenities you received or you expected. Apart from the tea and coffee facilitites we provide bathrobes, slippers, daily turndown service as well what have less value for certain guests, I can imagine.

I appreciate your kind recommendation. Best regards,

Reviewed 30 December 2012

We stayed for a week during Christmas time and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel itself feels like a 5-star hotel and is very modern. The reception area is very nice as well is the lobby bar. The hotel is located within a walking distance from the city center (~20min) but there is also a metro stop very close if you want to go faster. The staff was extremely friendly and we had no problems at all during the stay. The staff was more than helpful with all our questions. We stayed at the standard room which was very nice and clean. We had some problems with the room being too warm but nothing that couldn't be resolved by opening the window a little. The room wasn't too big but nothing special about the size compared to other similar hotels. We also had the breakfast for extra money and it was well worth it. Breakfast had everything you wanted and tasted very good. One morning the breakfast restaurant was so full that we had to wait for about 10min to get it. Even then, the staff had organized another place to have breakfast if you would've been in a hurry but we opted to wait. We had one dinner in the hotel restaurant ARAZ and it was OK. Great wines and the food was OK. The best thing was that hotel guests got 50% discount on the alcohol! There is also a SPAR grocery store very close by where you can get your daily groceries. We didn't have a chance to visit the Spa but that's another plus for the hotel that there is one and I can imagine that the roof pool is outstanding during summer time. There is also a fitness center so you work out the holiday fat :)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FreezingSun

Dear Guest,

many thanks for your detailed and useful evaluation of your Christmas stay. It was good to read that you enjoyed your stay in general and I was happy to hear that you found the price for the breakfast (since it was not included) worth for it. I also appreciate your constructive understanding and patience when the breakfast room was full. Unfortunately if the hotel is full with leisure guests it happens that the majority of the guests take breakfast after 9 am causing some hassle in the breakfast room.
I am sure your post on the 50% discount on alcoholic beverages for hotel guests is an important information in promoting our ARAZ Restaurant.

Since you have missed to use our Spa there is a reason to return!

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 December 2012

We booked this hotel for 5 nights!It.was.a very clean and hot hotel !!The service was perfect!!The bad things were that the spa pool was so small and also there are only two cadins saunas only for two!Also one day for my birthday day we made massage the girls who made the massage were not so professonals...BUT the reception was very nice and decorated fantastic for Christmans' days!!!For my birthday one girl from reception remember it and they sent in our room as a gift a fruit salade!!Thank you!!!It is important the good location that the hotel is and also that is very clean and modern!!!You must go in this hotel....

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with trip.ru
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2012

Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear how memorable your birthday was. I do not know what guests expect from our wellness center as Continental Hotel is not a wellness hotel rather a city hotel offering also some wellness facilities and services. Most of the hotels in the downtown do not even offer any swimming pool. The uniqueness is the outside pool on the roof (except winter). I am sorry to hear that you found our masseur unprofessisonal as all of them are very vell trained professional ones.
I was a little bit sissapointed about your scores on the cleanliness as you have praised it even two times!

Thank you for calling upon the readers to visit our hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 December 2012

Just checked in today and want to say hotel is very good value price wise and most of the staff are very polite and professional. Nothing seems to much trouble for most.
From reading other reviews I was expecting wow great things but I also feel the reviews were not based on the standard rooms . They lack tea and coffee making tools. ( but these were given as complimentary when we rasied the issue) and are a little small.
Overall the building is lovely, the rooms good, modern and very usable . Staff friendly With perfect english . Excellent prices in both the bar and with the food but I wouldn't agree totally with the incredible reviews. The wow factor is missing for me somewhere. Maybe it is because of the check-in experience. When the couple in front of you are offered " a free and luxury" upgrade by the same memeber of staff that then tells you at 2pm " your room is not ready yet, can you wait !!! " You wonder how they chose the " lucky couples??? "

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

it is always motivating us if such a high benchmark is set like missing wow factor. I think I have to be quite satuisfied if the wow factor only was missing. Reading your feedback I have to notice that you have enjoyed your stay with us in general.
We inform in all possible ways that the tea a nd coffee making facilities in the standard rooms are on request basis only.
What the bad check-in expereince is concerned I am very sorry for it, but I hope you understand that almost no reservations are the same (guaranteed check-in time at reservation, different rates and conditions, different room types, views, locations, levels etc.).

Many thnaks and best regards,