“Characterful Luxury”

Continental Hotel Budapest
Ranked #45 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Pros:
Service - the staff could not do more for you, free gifts, helpful directions and a pianist in the lobby.
Breakfast - world-class, delicious, plentiful with lots of choice.
Rooms - spacious, tranquill, comfy beds and nice square pillows.
Pools - both inside and outside pools are fantastic. The grass roof-top garden next to the pool was also an added bonus.

Cons:
Although the area is great for edgy bars and quick walks - there are no views. (this doesn't matter though as you're in Budapest and the Danube is just a short underground journey away - or a 12 min walk).

Room Tip: Make sure it has a balcony as some of the lower rooms don't!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FEP22
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear FEP22,
Firstly thank you for your high scores! I like your comments very much, I beleive as a General Manager of the hotel I couldn’t wish more commendatory review like yours. Sorry for the view, I think this is the only disadvantage of the hotel. But we have a couple of advantages to forget this.

KIndest regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (4,555)

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The hotel was good Location was pretty good
We didn't dine in the hotel apart from the breakfast which was ample and very nice indeed.
The staff were helpful and the rooms modern.
However, I found that it didn't matter how late it was... other residents returned to the hotel after a skin full of booze and they didn't have much respect for other people who were already sleep!
Ask for a quiet floor!
All in all I would return for sure and Budapest was beautiful

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear weegers,
Thank you for your feedback. I’m very sorry for the noise caused by others. Fortunately we don’t have many complaints about it. I hope at your possible next visit you will visit our restaurant for dinner as well. It is worth while!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed here for four nights with friends. The hotel is on a quiet street in the historic Jewish Quarter of the city. We were able to walk everywhere in the centre very easily, and there are lots of restaurants, bars (including the lively area around Király street) and shops nearby. The rooms were compact, but modern and functional and, realistically, more than adequate for a city break. We also made use of the roof-top spa one day, which has a pool, sauna and Jacuzzi, and views over the city. Hotel staff were very friendly and happy to make reservations in local restaurants and provide information on the area. Recommended and would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JJW86
Zoltan_Geher, Ügyvezető igazgató at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear JJW86,
Firstly thank you for your recommendation although I’m a little lovelorn for your rating, since as I read you were very satisfied with all of our services. I hope at your next visit to Budapest you will give us an other chance to serve you. I promise, we will do our best.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here with my friend in April 2014 for 4 nights - the location was perfect, short stroll to the centre and lots of bars very close as well. Rooms are clean and very well kept/modern. The staff was very professional, friendly and helpful - they even had a pillow menu when my friend ask for a bit thinner one! Would definitely stay here again if ever in Budapest again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear ELM2013,
Firstly thank you very much for your high scores! Also thank you for your comment about the staff and the cleanliness. I’m very happy that you have used our pillow menu. I hope you will really return soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I like staying at this hotel for reasons stated above. It is my second time to stay here and as I will be on trips to the City 8 times in 2015 I hope to stay there again.I found all the staff at this hotel to be very open and willing to connect in a very natural style. The reservations section are certainly very personal in their communications and make me feel obliged to return as a result of my interactions. I understand it is owned by a private company and I observe the finish of the property itself and the culture that is real and present must be a reflection of its owner.
A quiet room [617] with all the usual requirements were of a very high standard. I love the wellness centre which I enjoy very much. The security of the hotel is very comforting for me. Key-card access to the floors via the lifts is very swift and effective. Breakfast was fine for me and having it in the open court yard was delightful.
Stress free, no hassle a good deal for my return visits ....I am happy.

TIPS: Use City Taxis...Lovely people, always waiting 5 mins ahead of due
time.
Ask for a deal at the reservations and get the Wellness centre
included...they will listen to you and take care of you.

Dermot JM

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Dermot J M

Dear Dermot J M,
Thank you for your kind and commendatory feedback. If I could do, I would keep it on the cover page for a month! I like especially your comment about the reservation department. In our „on-line century” they have really not too much possibilies to show how good they are. On the other side thank you for you loyalty. We look forward welcoming you at our hotel again.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is almost near the center (you can go from the hotel to the centre by feet). The rooms are very clean! The food has a variety of options and the the other comfort (swimming pool etc) are really worthy! Dont miss it!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Katerina_Kal,
Thanky ou for your nice comments about the location, cleanliness and about the restaurant. I hope you will give us another chance if your possible future travel will bring you back to Budapest.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My friend and I stayed at Continental Hotel Zara for five nights. On the whole, we were quite satisfied with our stay. The room was fine and the hotel and its facilities are well-taken care of. Breakfast was included in our room rate, which was a nice bonus. The breakfast assortment was satisfactory and included what most people expect from a breakfast buffet.

I'm dishing out some minus points for the lack of English TV channels (the BBC news and the other news channels tend to get boring fast) and for the unstable WiFi in our room. The signal was weak and from time to time we lost our internet connection. I assume this had to do with the position of our room.

Finally then, a great hotel despite some flaws. It doesn't hurt that it's centrally located either, but mind that it's a 15-20 min walk to the Danube river.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tommy I

Dear Tommy I,
Thank you for your review, both of your positive and negative comments. I’m very sorry about the internet connections. I remember, in July we had a day with some difficulties in a certain area of the hotel, but it has been corrected already. I’m very happy that you were satisfied with the breakfast.