4,971 results
All reviews rooftop pool araz restaurant gallery bar great hotel revolving door jewish quarter wellness centre standard room ruin bars szimpla kert top floor city break spa facilities the river bars and restaurants booked this hotel new york cafe
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I've stayed here twice now. It's a lovely hotel, stunning reception area with very friendly and helpful staff. Its a good location for exploring the city. Rooms are compact but comfortable. Huge king size bed! We didn't use the restaurant. Used the gym and spa which was very nice.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Helen R,

I would like to say thank you for choosing to stay second time at our Continental Hotel Budapest and for dedicating your precious time to write a feedback about us.
I am incredibly happy and proud, that you were very satisfied with our room, outstanding services and facilities this time too. This is the true sign of our high standard. Special thanks for highlighting our gym and wellness as our extra facilities in our city hotel.
Thank you for your high ratings and recommendation. We would be glad if you give a try to our Araz Restaurant next time. From the 1st March, we soon welcome our kind guests for our very popular themed dinner, called Hungarian Taste.
On behalf of our entire team we are looking forward to your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a wonderful stay in a suite which was extremely roomy with separate seating area. Very large bathroom with huge bath which was great for relaxing after a long day sightseeing! Use of sauna & swimming pool was a lovely extra. Breakfast was amazing, self service with so much choice and everything we tried was very tasty. The building itself has been wonderfully restored and all the staff we dealt with were very friendly and helpful. Had a wonderful stay and would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Joanne,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at our Continental Hotel Budapest and for taking your precious time to share your positive experiences with us and the Tripadvisor readers.
It delights me, that you were very content with your suite given and you managed to enjoy its’ high comfort after a pleasantly tiring day. Many thanks for appreciating our peaceful wellness area as our extra facility in our wonderful city hotel. It feels amazing, that you found the rich buffet breakfast of our Araz Restaurant to be very tasteful and more than adequate. Last, but not least I am grateful for you for highlighting our attentive and friendly personnel.
Your high rating and kind recommendation are much appreciated. It would be great to welcoming you back, hopefully in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My partner took us here for my birthday/anniversary. We had a little problem with our booking, but we were upgraded for the inconvenience!. The hotel was excellent!. After our first day we returned to the room to find a bottle of champagne on ice . The staff couldn't do enough for us. Unfortunately we didn't get to use the spa facilities but looked amazing. On our last night we decided that we would eat in the restaurant and again the standard was excellent. Thank you for for making our trip one we will never forget.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear daveshort777,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at our Continental Hotel Budapest for your very special occasion and for taking the time to write your lovely feedback for us and other travelers.

I am thrilled to learn, that everything went smoothly after the initial small difficulty. Many thanks for appreciating the complimentary upgrade and the birthday surprise of our Management. It is fantastic, that our staff well took care of you throughout your entire stay and they were always at your disposal.
I am pleased, that you gave a try to our Araz Restaurant and you spent an excellent dinner with us!

What makes me the most proud, is to learn from your feedback, that we managed to make your birthday trip to be an unforgettable experience!

Thank you for your amazing review and recommendation! We hope your ways will lead you back to us in the not so distant future!

Reviewed 13 January 2019

This time I was staying in hotel on private occasion. A bit different than earlier stay but on the other hand same as it is positive experience.

Communication prior to our visit was great. All our questions ware answered quickly. We had late check in and staff was very friendly. We got 20%off vaucher for diner in hotel restaurant.

Room was clean , good position, quiet. What I like that window could open which is not common in new hotels. Sleeping was great, breakfast even better. Could have more different food choice but in general very rich continental breakfast, Location of hotel perfect. They have garage for extra pay but its worth it. Check out and their flexibility is great. We left with smile.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Tomislav M,

Let me express my great appreciation for you for choosing to stay with us and for taking your valuable time to share your Continental Hotel Budapest experience.

Nothing could make me happier, than the fact, that you found our hotel to be excellent in every way. I was thrilled, that you were not only satisfied with our service throughout your stay, but even with the smooth job of our colleagues prior to your arrival. Thank you for recognizing and appreciating their efforts. It is nice to hear, that you loved your clean, cozy hotel room and you were fulfilled with our tasteful buffet breakfast. Last but not least, many thanks for mentioning our hotel garage facility.

I am truly glad to hear, that you left us with smile and we hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again, whenever your travels bring you back to Budapest.

Reviewed 9 January 2019

It is true, the Grand Hall of this hotel is carefully restored in its old glory and is almost a monument, Less impressed by the grey outside looks of this hotel.
Good 4 stars hotel with some extras. At the exception of one... the whole staff was very friendly and helpfull. Nice bar above the lobby and an extraordinary restaurant.
Room is small but well equiped with all modern comfort. Good location.
Pick-up service from the airport was functioning perfect.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank dierik

Dear dierik,

I would like to say thank you for choosing to stay at our Continental Hotel Budapest and for dedicating your precious time to write a feedback here, on Tripadvisor.

I was glad to read, that you were impressed by our architectural building and breathtakingly beautiful lobby area. I am extremely proud of my whole team, that they managed to make your holiday so enjoyable with their loving hospitality. Further on, many thanks for highlighting our Gallery Bar and Araz Restaurant, hope you enjoyed every moment you spent with us!
Lastly, thank you for appreciating our airport pick-up service.

Your generous review is highly appreciated, it means a lot to us. We all look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the near future.