“Spacious, natural light, great restaurant”

Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center
Ranked #60 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Rooms spacious and light filled, ours had a view of Blaha square. Early check in was permitted thank heavens! Polite friendly staff and free wifi in the courtyard. Location excellent close to trams and metro. Next door to a shopping centre, albeit a small one, but it has everything a traveller may need. Restaurants, cafés, ATM and money change very close. Great vibe in the hotel and the I house restaurant Oleo Pazzo has the most AMAZING chef!!!!! We had dinner first evening and decided to return for each meal...exquisite flavour combinations.
I liked the idea of the downstairs market instead of mini bar because we could choose what we wanted and either pay straight away or add to room charge. Great value!!! would stay again! even though in room internet is very expensive

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Twomarys
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous feedback regarding your recent stay at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.
It is nice to read that you were pleased with the location, the room, even with the shopping center next to the hotel. The staff - indeed the chef - will be delighted when I forward them your appreciation. We are glad that you were totally happy during your stay with us.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back among our guests in the near future.

Kind regards,

Ferenc Horváth

Write a ReviewReviews (1,161)

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I was there for three nights.
Overall ait was a good experience: good placement of the hotel in a large market with lots of restaurant around the hotel. Nice room and very clean.
What was strange that you'll not have any product in the minibar. The system is that they have a minimarket near the reception and you can take from there, but ..the minibar is empty...I don't understand for which reason they need the credit card for guarantie.
The staff is a combination of standard services and "lost of time": even they are smiling sometimes at the reception I didn't receive the amount of my bill to check the value before closing, I had problems with the parking (there is a big parking underground, but I stayed more then 30 minutes in the garage because the tickets didn't work. At the final the problem was solved). The waiters in the lobby and bar were very slowly, like the snails (they asked us for order about 20 minutes after we arrived in the bar area even there it were only few people).
Overall: placement, rooms, cleaning positive, but staff and breakfast (in term of diversity) could be improve.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.
We are glad that you were satisfied with the location of the hotel, also with the guest room. As being a Courtyard hotel we offer in all our rooms – as a brand special - a minibar-sized fridge where any items - purchased in our 24-hour Grab ‘N’ Go shop or purchased outside the hotel - can be stored. Thank you for your remarks about the service in the restaurant.
It is our goal to achieve excellence in our daily work and no one better than our guests can indicate us how to improve day after day.

I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I have stayed several times in Hotel Courtyard Marriott with groups and if one is comfortable with using the public transportation (n. 4 or 6 trams, red subway) it's very easy to get almost anywhere in Budapest in no time.
A great, calm, comfortable stay in a 4 star hotel with excellent staff.

Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind feedback and emphasizing words. It was delightful to read that you were happy with the hotels location and our staff. We are pleased that you left with great memories.

I look forward to welcoming you back as an in-house guest in the future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed here a less than a week ago. Overall, I was quite pleased. I arrived in Budapest via train. If you knew exactly where you were going it would take about 10-15 minutes to walk to this hotel if you had a suitcase with you. Unfortunately there is massive construction going on outside the train station and as I had never been to Budapest before, it took me about 20 minutes to find it. Had I been more prepared it would have been quicker. Once there, check in was easy and the woman was very pleasant. The room was nice, the bed was comfortable and everything was up to the Marriott standard that I would expect. There was a fee for the internet (which I can't stand) but it seems like that is more common than it ought to be with the Marriott chain still. I would recommend this hotel to my friends if the location suits you.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center and sharing your experience with us also with the travelling community.
It was nice to read that you were pleased with our team, and that you liked your room and its equipment. I am glad that all your expectations from a Marriott brand were met.

Hopefully, there will be another opportunity to welcome you as an in-house guest when your travels bring you back to Budapest.

My very best,

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I spent 7 days at the courtyard ,.I would stay there again without a doubt. The hotel is very good in location. 1 block from the shops and restaurant ,.central and close to the subway.safe walking around at night.
The staff were always willing to help with any enquiries that we had, They were all very friendly,

you will get a 5 star services Hotel Room if you stay @ this Hotel. The breakfast buffet is OK , Good selection for breakfast .The rooms were clean, appointed very nicely, a large bathroom with open shower, strong air conditioning . . Room service was good.
The overall hotel and the service was very impressive. courtyard !!! It was an amazing experience....thanks to all the staff

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and leaving us your very kind feedback. I was delighted to read your generous remarks on the location of our hotel, on the cleanliness and size of our rooms also on the breakfast we served. I was happy to read that the staff was helpful, they will be thrilled when I forward your appreciation to them. Our goal is to provide service that our guests can entirely enjoy and make their stay as pleasant as possible.

Thank you once more for your motivating words, I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

An excellent hotel with 5 star quality. We had a suite which was lovely. Tea and coffee making facilities. The room was really clean and the bed was so comfortable. The hotel was in a great location which meant we could walk everywhere. The staff were really attentive and polite. A buffet style breakfast but loads to eat and a great choice - we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay in a Marriott hotel again.

Room Tip: I would highly recommend
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your very kind words and feedback. It is wonderful to read about guests finding us on Tripadvisor and even more fulfilling when we surpass what they hoped for.
Please, be assured that I will forward your thoughtful words to our staff. The employees will be thrilled to know their efforts were acknowledged and appreciated.
I am more than happy that your expectations were met. We would be delighted to welcome you back!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Located right in the centre of the city (Pest side) with tram and bus lines about 30 metres away, it was really convenient for us. We could take the tram/metro to various sites such as Heroes Square and several thermal baths. Also just a 15 minute walk to the Danube River where you can catch one of the cruises. Family friendly - they provided a free cot for baby and have a little high chair for the dining area. The rooms are quiet and spacious (compared to the usual tiny European size), with spacious bathroom too and nice wide hallways and lobbies to lug around a baby stroller! The staff are super friendly and helpful and can make the necessary phone calls to arrange your tours, shuttle pick ups etc. The breakfast buffet is substantial! bacon, eggs, vegies, the works. I like their cereal bar because you have a range of toppings to choose from - nuts, seeds, choc chips, dried fruit... Delicious fresh fruit in abundance.
The only downsides is that there is no free internet and it tends to be expensive (15 euro for a day) and no items in the minibar as it was a courtyard hotel -- but we never touch those high priced items in any hotel!
All in all the lovely hotel experience made our holiday in Budapest more enjoyable. I would totally recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback here, on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to learn that you had a really great holiday at our hotel as well as in Budapest. I am very happy that you liked our central location, our airy rooms, also the breakfast we served. Thank you for emphasizing the staff. We will pass on your appreciation to our team.

As being a Courtyard hotel we offer in all our rooms – as a brand special - a minibar-sized fridge where any items - purchased in our 24-hour Grab ‘N’ Go shop or purchased outside the hotel - can be stored. I am delighted to inform you that complimentary Internet access is available in our lobby and restaurant area.

I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon.

My very best,