“Great Hotel in a Central Location”

Courtyard Budapest City Center
Ranked #59 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This new hotel is up to American standards which shocked me when I stepped into the lobby. Staff was pleasant and helpful. The ladies at the front desk helped us book a bus tour. Cute little bar in the lobby too. Typical hotel prices but the bartender was attentive and friendly. The room was very big compared to European standards. It had 2 queen beds and a spacious bathroom. Everything was comfortable and clean. Hotel is in a good location too. The metro is right across the street, the train station is a 10 minute walk and the hop on/hop off bus stop was right down the street. Overall, it was a wonderful stay and I highly recommend this Marriott to everyone!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MyOwnUtopia128
Courtyard_Budapest, Manager at Courtyard Budapest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you for taking time to review Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.
I truly appreciate you highly recommending our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Thank you!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed in the hotel for three nights, its location is the most appropriate if you like staying in the centre of the town. The rooms were clean and the space was enough for 2 people. Our check- in had a problem due to the misunderstanding of the receptionist, but although she created us a problem at the end she was polite. The rest of the hotel staff was extremely polite, expecially the people working in the breakfast room. Everybody speaks english and there is no problem in communicating. The things we didn't like were the following: First of all the heating system was noisy and during the night you had some trouble sleeping. Also the temperature was very high and we could not open a window due to the traffic on the street and the noise. Secondly, we were expecting to find at least a bottle of water in the fridge, but there was none. We did not know if you could drink water from the tap, which we did eventually, but we didn't appreciate it, even in our home (Athens, Greece) we drink bottle water. And the last disadvantage for us, was the fact that they didn't supply us with the small bottles of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. Every day we had to find the cleaning ladies and request for some soap, at least.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vickyman m

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. Your time in placing a review is most appreciated.

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not at the level you were expecting and can assure you that we will follow up on each of the items you mentioned.

It is with comments such as yours that we may be able to follow up on certain practices and procedures to ensure our service is flawless at all times.

Thank you once again and we do hope you decide to revisit us again in the near future.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 December 2013

been there 2 months ago. chose the place because of good reviews and relatively good price. i got a wonderful room watching the blaha luja ter. the wide double glaced windows gave me a panoramic view without the street noise. i enjoyed the room and the service. i found the location very convenient because of easy transportation.

Room Tip: i you arriving from airport buy the minibus service for both ways and then u can ask at the receptio...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our doors will always be open for when you decide to return. I look forward to that time.

Thank you once again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 11 December 2013

My family and I spent 2 nights here. We were assigned with a big clean room. The breakfast spread was impressive. We were also served with Helpful receptionists and smiley restaurant staff. The hotel is located in a good central location. I recommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank alexgohkw

Thank you for your great review of Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.
We hope to welcome you back soon with your family!

Best regards,
Marker eCommerce Executive

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Located on Blaha Lujza Square, the hotel is comfortable and of a recent vintage. It is conveniently located at the junction of Metro, tram and bus lines and within reasonable walking distance of many attractions on the Pest side of the river. The breakfast spread was adequate. Rooms facing the square are noisy (sirens all night long) if the window is open, which was necessary because our room was too warm.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the square and street are noisy (sirens all night long) if the window is left open. Bri...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elro
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard Budapest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time and leaving us your feedback here on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read that you were satisfied with the hotel and the central location which provides easy access to most public transportation: buses, subway, trams.
We regret to hear about the temperature of the room and about the noise when window was opened. We apologize for the inconvenience. Next time we are more than happy to provide you a room facing our courtyard side.
I hope there will be another opportunity to welcome you again among our guests.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed at the hotel in April 2013 for 5days. Rooms were really nice, clean and spacious. Staff were friendly and a very good breakfast with a choice of hot and cold foods, great selection. The hotel is about 20minutes walk from the Danube but the hop on hop off bus stop is about 5 minutes walk from the hotel. There is a McDonalds across the street from the hotel.
Budapest is a beautiful city. If you are on a business trip like I was I recommend using the hop on hop off bus to get to see the city.
I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kit123

Dear Guest,
Thank you for leaving us your kind words regarding your stay at Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center.
It is lovely to read that you were satisfied with your accommodation. I am happy to read that you liked our wide breakfast selection. Our hotel indeed has a convenient location, near to public transportation, not so far from the Danube. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed the hop on hop off bus.
We would be delighted to welcome you as an in-house guest in the near future.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is a new hotel, its a couple of blocks from the Danube but its central. Staff were very professional I arrived late had no issues booking in. The staff were friendly helpful and capable throughout my stay. Rooms are modern clean and comfortable. Internet is good, buffet breakfast is fresh and offers a range of choices. I ate in the resturaant a couple of nights and food was excellent. A taxi from the Airport to the hotel should be ~ 8000 HUF. I was charged 13000, by a guy who approached me with a friendly smile. He was a gangster. Go to the official kiosk. Taxi back from same hotel to the airport was 7500 HUF.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SunnyHarry
Courtyard_Budapest, General Manager at Courtyard Budapest City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time and leaving us such a positive feedback!
As the hotel is new, we are very glad that you liked our modern and trendy rooms and equipment. Thank you for your emphasizing words about the staff, I will pass on your appreciation. It fills us with joy that you could enjoy the gastronomical efforts of our chefs. I will also forward him your kind words.
However, I am sorry about your experience with the taxi. I hope that despite this issue you will visit Budapest again.

We would love to accommodate you in the future.