“great location and nice amenities”
Review of Cosmo City Hotel

Cosmo City Hotel
Ranked #52 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
san leandro, california
“great location and nice amenities”
Reviewed 27 June 2011

In spite of its location on a major pedestrian street, this hotel was very quiet at night. Comfortable modern rooms with nice bathroom facility, wi-fi, satellite tv and a safe in the room. Desk staff very helpful.Close to the famous market, the river, and a convenient tram line. You can't go wrong with this budget hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel for three nights. It is centrally located in the heart of Pest which makes it the perfect base for exploring Budapest. The rooms are newly done and clean with in room safes and air conditioning that works well. From our room we could at times hear some muffled noise from the restaurants below, but it didn't affect our sleep at all. The black curtains also meant we could sleep in no problem!
The buffet breakfast has a good selection but the hotel doesn't have room service. This usually isn't a problem for us but when I wanted a light dinner one night the service at the restaurant was poor so I ended up having to go out to get a snack as I couldn't get anyone to serve me.
The hotel foyer area is also very small which means there is no space if you want to get out of the room for a while to have a drink and read a book, or to sit while waiting to go to the airport.
Overall a good value hotel. You can't really go wrong with booking the Cosmo Fashion Hotel.

UK
Reviewed 4 June 2011

We arrived quite late on the first of 3 nights at the hotel and found the staff to be very helpful indeed all speaking excellent English. The rooms are just as they are shown on the website and full of bright pinks (girlfriend loved it) and were very clean. The rooms aircon was very good and much needed and the complimentary toiletries covered everything. A very good plus point was that we did find ourselves laying in rather late one day and didn't really expect to have our room serviced but it was, even though it was 2 in the afternoon. Our only minor fault was that you don't get a double duvet but 2 singles - we asked about this and were told that it was the same in all rooms and normal in Budapest, but didn't stop us enjoying our stay at all. The hotel breakfast is pretty good and largely continental - cold meats, bread and cheese although there was also sausages and scrambled eggs.

The hotel is situated in a very nice area for bars and restaurants but at the same time is quiet enough not to be disturbed at night - none stay open late and are not full of loud groups. Would very much recommend the 'Rustico' restaurant just around the corner - literally 10 metres from your door - really friendly service, amazing food and wine. Another good thing to do whilst in Budapest is the Legenda Pass - this gives you unlimited use of public transport meaning you can get around the city very easily and includes a 2 hour boat trip up the Danube and walking around St Margeret island which we enjoyed a lot. If you can, do the boat trip at the start of your break as it is a good guide for what you can go and see when back on land and gives you some good bits on the history of the city. The 'house of terror us also another great attraction which while very somber is very well presented and well worth a visit.

We had an excellent time in Budapest and the hotel was great, we hope to and if we did wouldn't think twice about staying here again. Great value for money and a real 'gem'.

4 Thank happystimpy
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 April 2011

We were a group of 13 people visiting for a Hen weekend in Budapest, the Cosmo Fashion hotel was just what we had in mind (clean, central, within budget & with collaborative staff!).
For famillies travelling together, they have communicating rooms... was ideal for our group to stay together :D
The location is great & central, on the pedestrian Vaci utca, only few minutes away from the teh shopping street on one side, and the Central Market Hall, Liberty bridge and Gellert Hotel & Spa on the other... perfect when you have a busy schedule & visting Budapest for the 1st time! ;)
The hotel staff were very helpful, kind... and always there to answer our questions & requests the best way they can! They gave us suggestions of things to do, places to visit, arranged our taxi from the airport and back... it was just great service!
I will definitly come back to stay at the Cosmo Fashion hotel for my next visit, there was absolutely nothing I disliked).

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank adrs
Sheffield
Reviewed 5 April 2011

I satyed here for four nights in March and I really enjoyed and like the colour scheme in the hotel area and in the bedrooms.

I just felt that the cleanliness wasnt up to scratch, as I was brushing my teeth one morning some of the toothpaste went behind the sink top, this was still noticeable to anyone cleaning the room.

So how come it was still there on the day of my departure, I was half tempted to see if the toothpaste would go halves on the room bill ;-)

Another thing that I was a bit aggrieved about was bottles of water on the desk which turned out to be part of the 'mini bar', these were 1,5 litre bottles of water, only the jolly green giant would think they were from a 'mini bar'.

The breakfast was good if not vast in its selections but as its included in the price I felt it was about right, had I had to pay for it I may have felt different.

I would definately recommend this hotel and would stay again but I do hope their cleaners try and learn a bit of attention to detail.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Rother_Leo
Hampshire,UK
Reviewed 6 March 2011

A friend & I stayed at this hotel for a long weekend in March 2011. The room was very spacious & the whole hotel was spotlessly clean. The staff are very friendly & helpful, no matter what time you press the buzzer to be let back in! The breakfast in the hotel was good, although I didn't try everything. The chocolate croissants, fruit & squash are recommended. Cosmo Fashion Hotel is perfectly located for walking around the major sights of Pest & very reasonably priced for the quality of the accommodation. If I were to visit Budapest again I would definitely book to stay in this hotel again. The only downside, if I had to find a negative is the being very short I found that the toilet was situated at a height suitable for giants but that is being super-picky. On another note Budapest is one of the cleanest & prettiest cities I have ever seen. I would recommend a visit.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank lovali12
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Initially struggled to find the hotel – not well signed and quite an off-putting front door. When you got to the reception area it was quite tiny and reminded me of a Travelodge. In the welcome pack they gave me it listed the hotel as the Cosmo City Hotel and 3* but all signs on wall called it Cosmo Fashion Hotel with a 4* rating… Anyway… The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the room was clean and had everything you needed including safe and mini bar (cleaning could be improved during the stay – by the end of my break there were 5 empty coffee mugs in my room and four empty beer bottles which were never taken away during cleaning).

Breakfast was as all the other reviews state, not great but perfectly ok…. I just wish the staff in the restaurant would have at least acknowledged my existence when I entered – it was very much find out for yourself or from other travellers affair…

Criticism aside – this is a good hotel and one I would recommend to others – more extremely good 3* than 4* and I would rather have a good 3* than a bad 4* any day…. And it does have a great location in walking distance to just about everything….

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo