“Nice but pricey”

A TripAdvisor Member
Cork, Ireland
12040
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Nice food, nice staff but over priced, limited menu to choose from, and very small portions. We did get amuse bouche, a pre- dessert and home made after dinner chocolates which were all delicious! Nice evening over all!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Friendly servers and yup, orgasmic food! I like artistic food and Mák have done it in a way that it's not over top, letting the flavours just speak for their dishes.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was a very lovely business lunch experience. We got the meals a little slowly but everything was perfect. I has gazpacho and salmon for a cold starter, fish and zucchini puree a main course and rice pudding for dessert. These were all marvellous and since the portions are relatively small, I could eat all the three courses. The white wine I had wit the meal was also lovely.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Today I forgot this rule. I trusted my Lonely Planet guide alone, without checks on the web, and I chose Mak. Don't misunderstand me: a very valuable guide, but the fact the writer is a great traveller does not mean we also share the same tastes...
First of all: very nice place, very kind young personnel, and actually good food - not all excellent by very good for sure. So what? Well, I thing that for that price - absolutely the highest we paid in our week in Budapest - the choice was by far too small, and the portions quite pediatric.
This is my opinion. Nothing against this nice place, but not what I would be looking for when travelling.
If you are NOT in a budget and if you like nice, elegant restaurants this one could be your best choice. But for a four person family not exactly what I suggest.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I loved this little place. The room is cozy. The servers are friendly and efficient, with excellent knowledge of the food and wine (and very comfortable in English). The courses are beautifully presented and quite tasty. I had mozzarella with watermelon in a beetroot puree which was quite surprising (and yummy). It's not an inexpensive restaurant, but it's half the price you would pay for an equivalent meal in London or New York. Without question the best meal I had in Budapest, and among one of my favourites in Europe.