The staff are what makes your hotel stay enjoyable at the Royal Park Hotel. We used their services several times in booking restaurants and the spa, so make sure you make good use of this when you stay.
The hotel itself is located 5 minutes walk from the East Train Station, which is itself located on one of the city's metro lines. From here it is easy to get to anywhere in Budapest, so don't let the seemingly 'out-of-the-way location' put you off.
The bedrooms themselves are clean and well furnished, with everything you need. However, don't expect a view any more than a concrete rendered wall to look out upon - unless you get a room at the front of the hotel, where you will be facing the opposite side of the street.
The bathroom is an interesting concept, with a blind and 4ft of frosted glass separating you from the bedroom - so if you're tall and, bleary eyed in the morning, open the blind thinking its a window, you could be in for a shock at seeing your other half!
A few minor points to note.
1. There is no iron in the room, but there is an ironing room. However, you have to trundle down to the reception to pick up the key, then head to the 4th floor, unlock the door, iron your clothes, then head all the way back to reception again afterwards. An inconvenience at worst.
2. The towels we were provided on the 2nd day were worn and frayed (albeit clean). However, I saw this as more of a one-off as there were no such issues on the 1st and 3rd days.
3. The breakfast room is very small for the size of the hotel, and whilst we only had to wait for a few minutes to be seated, in the height of summer when the hotel is busy this could be a real issue. From my experience I would suggest either getting there first thing or about 930, near to the end of service.
We did not use room service and I am not aware that there is a fitness centre, so have marked these as average in their absence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the newest hotels in Budapest opposite the Keleti palyaudvar. Excellent public transportation; Budapest International Airport (Ferihegy) can be reached within 30-40 minutes by taxi or shuttle bus. Hotel has also its own garage. This is a non-smoking hotel with 80 double rooms, free internet, air-conditioned rooms with in room safe and mini bar, 32-inch LCD digital cable television, telephone, hair dryer and soundproof, but openable windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Fastbooking, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Royal Park Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.