“Delicious Memory!”

Price range: US$4 - US$47
Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Tradition and Variety Since 1989 Our restaurant is in the city center next to the St. Stephen's Basilica at the atmospheric St. Stephen's square. Visiting the cathedral and it's surroundings is a pleasant and memorable experience and one of the most popular activity in Budapest. Be our guest, with reasonable prices and excellent quality, we look forward to your visit!
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I have been to Budapest several times this year, not to mention the restaurants etc.. Bazilika Cafe is my favourite. Excellent location, right in the heart of the city with one of the most beautiful historican building the Bazilika. Now, if you looking to relax and forget all about the perfectly fake plastic-tastic non-tasty restaurants, then its time to visit this place. Their interior is traditional, original with with warm welcoming, it is almost telling a story about Hungary. In good weather conditions the terrace is gorgeous with the sideview of Bazilika.
The staff is lovely, I had no problem at all. Service is quick. Best goulash I have ever had recently was from there. I can not compare the taste from anywhere else.
Excellent Delicious Memory. Thank you Bazilika Cafe Restaurant, I will see you very soon!

4  Thank Olly C

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Cosy restaurant in the city center. The third time we were here. I was always satisfied. The meals are delicious. The atmosphere is pleasant. The service is good. Any time we come.

4  Thank David B
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

The lady who served us was very pleasant and the restaurant well presented, but the food was horrible. Had the broccoli soup for starter which came with a thousand croutons in it, all of which were incredibly salty. The soup itself was okay, but it was nearly impossible to get to it amongst the abundance of croutons.

Veal stew and dumplings followed. I didn't want to complain since the waitress was so nice, but I couldn't bring myself to finish the dish. The dumplings were served like scrambled egg, and tasted of nothing. The Veal looked great, but was, again, so salty that it was impossible to eat. This is from a guy who likes salty food.

My wife has broth followed by weiner schnitzel. Edible, but nothing to write home about. Just food on a plate.

Plenty of places nearby offering better value for money.

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Have a good time, nice location near the old basilica in a central position of the city. Good food, we have taked a ghulash and Gipsy pork, average service.

1  Thank Spoon R
Reviewed 19 June 2013

A gastronomic delight , excellent food and service in the old and newly renovated area underneath the basilica , fabulous setting , we went on a visit to the top of the Basilica , and then dined in the restaurant , called Primas Pince , the tourist and wine cultural centre , it also has a terrace . Our afternoon meal was excellent and we would recommend it whole heartedly.

1  Thank christine p