“Beautiful place, amazing staff”
Review of Brody House

Brody House
Ranked #2 of 183 Budapest B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful place, amazing staff”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Just got home to London from our stay in Brody House, my boyfriend and I stayed in the Alex Tenei room and it was absoutely beautiful. The room contained a free standing bath, the most comfortable bed we have ever slept on, and gorgeous artwork on the walls. Staff were extremely helpful and attentive with everything from dinner reservations to bar and pub recommendations. The honesty bar was great and the morning buffet style breakfast looked lovely too although we did not opt for that during our stay. Location was really central and right next to the Metro so it took no time at all to travel the city, in the heart of everything! Booked through Mr&Mrs Smith which came with some amazing extras so do check this out!
This guest house definately made our holiday special and I cannot praise it highly enough. I would stay there over and over again and try out some of the other rooms!

Room Tip: Chose the Alex Tenei room, free standing bath, heated floor shower room and the most gorgeous bed!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
Vancouver
Reviewed 26 January 2014

It took me awhile to get around to this review as I couldn't decide between 4 and 5 ratings. I spent 3 nights in the Ludo room back in October 2013. I picked this B & B based on the comments on TA which led me to believe I was staying at a property that was connected to Brody Studios. Instead, my taxi driver let me off at an apartment building and I called up on the intercom. Thankfully, the young lady came down and hauled my luggage up the two long staircases to the reception area. Seriously, I doubt I could have made it. Once there, I found the receptionist to be very friendly and extremely helpful. After a couple of enquiries, I realized the studio was in another location. Not a big deal - just unexpected. The communal rooms were tastefully decorated in an art deco, quirky, cool, hip way but I found the place to be very quiet. Travelling alone, I like a place where I can meet others but aside from the young lady that joined me at the honesty bar and one family I saw at breakfast, I felt like I was there on my own. My room was big - beautiful stand-alone tub and cool furniture. It was definitely a unique experience and now that I know what to expect, I'd probably stay there again but.....on the lower floor. Every time I went back to my room, I dreaded having to climb those stairs. However, it is a really cool place. Enjoy!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Loved everything about this place. Warm welcome and very helpful staff. Rooms well decorated and spacious. The communal areas are excellent. The fires are a real selling point and lovely to sit by on a cold night. The honesty bar is well stocked too.

However, if you're looking for tv, air conditioning and room service this isn't the place for you. If you want laid back and friendly this is a must.

Can't wait to return!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tracy S
Chester, United Kingdom

W e spent 4 nights in Brody House and it was perfect. Very quirky
The staff were so helpful directing us to excellent restaurants
Our bed was super comfortable with huge meringue like duvets
Delicious breakfasts

Room Tip: Look on website to check for best rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Sydney
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed here with friends in November 2013 and was one of my favourite hotel experiences ever.
Incredible hotel - beautiful decor and furniture, relaxed and laidback vibe. Gorgeous rooms. Wonderful staff. Delicious breakfast. Great service. Incredible value for money. Loved the communal lounges with fireplaces and honesty bar. Heaven.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Limoges, France
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We spent 8 days and nights at Brody House staying in Printa and I'm not surprised that it does so well in reviews. It is very comfortable, easy-going and genial. The house is on a leafy, quiet road opposite the National Museum. Entrance by key pad opens onto a huge hallway and staircase leading up to Reception. There is a courtyard as well which has its own charm.
Printa overlooks the Museum with its London planes and oaks. The road is quiet so noise was never a problem. Printa is very large and airy and consists of a kitchenette, sitting room, corridor, bathroom and bedroom. It is very comfortable and interesting as well as arty. The temperature of the bedroom was a little warm for us but got turned down by Reception when I asked (computer controlled!),The bed was the largest and most comfortable I have ever slept in, the pillows and linen were very good as was the bathroom and the shower was excellent. The kitchenette is OK (with a kettle, one saucepan and one frying pan) but didn't get used as such. The lights are a bit gloomy in January and we asked for a reading light in the sitting room which promptly appeared. The bathroom could use an additional mirror and brighter light to apply make-up or use to shave. These are very minor quibbles from a pedant!The staff are especially welcoming, friendly, helpful and interested. The food is good, especially eggs Benedict and breakfast is plentiful and with plenty of choice. They provide large cups and glasses throughout that allows for generous helpings of tea and orange juice. Breakfast is accompanied by 'lounge' music though two glorious bespoke speakers but ask at Reception and they will change the music if you want them to. We had Mozart one morning and The National on another. There is a bar and tables chairs, sofas and art work all overlooking the museum and its trees so it adds to that bohemian feel. We thought the place was very good indeed and far better than a stuffy and formal hotel.
When we visit amazing Budapest again we will always look to stay at Brody House as first choice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank labranchie
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed at Brody House for five nights over Christmas and loved it. Private, good location with easy transport links -- and also perfect for walking everywhere. Szilvia was incredible, recommending and booking restaurants and even printing off opera tickets. The Agi room was gorgeous, with a super comfortable bed. Nice to be off the beaten path slightly in Pest.

Room Tip: Agi has windows directly into the courtyard and felt very private.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple