I enjoyed my stay at Brody House for four nights this past May. I think it is a very unique hotel and definitely would recommend it to anyone wanting something more unconventional than a typical hotel. The breakfast looked nice, but I never stayed because I felt there were too many (and certainly less expensive) options for delicious baked goods and/or fresh fruit by leaving and exploring Budapest. I had no issue with the lack of an elevator. The stairs are very shallow and there are only two flights. They also offer to carry your bags for you.
- The space. It is a beautiful building and all the furnishings are eclectic and tasteful. It feels very contemporary. It is spacious, airy, and comfortable.
- The room. Again, spacious and comfortable. Well stocked with towels, toiletries, hair dryer.
- The service. The girls at the front speak excellent English and are very warm and friendly. They are a big reason as to why I would recommend the hotel.
- Location. Easy walking distance to absolutely everything – even the Castle District, etc – and also very close to the Metro.
- The extras. The honour bar, the free tea, water, the communal spaces to hang out in. All much more welcoming than a typical hotel.
- Noise can be an issue. If other guests don’t recognize that you can hear everything in the corridors, you can be rudely awakened.
- The lack of night staff. I never felt unsafe with no one there, but if something were ever to go wrong, having someone actually there as opposed to a phone call away offers greater peace of mind.
- Inconsistencies. Nothing major went wrong, but there were some issues with air conditioning and missed room clean/towel change. I was awoken by housekeeping one morning and said I wasn’t yet up. They never came back. It wasn’t worth mentioning at 730 pm because reception closes at 8 and I was leaving the next day. But in a hotel so small, how do you not come back?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brody House is Budapest's first private members' club and private guesthouse, offering international travellers (members & non-members) an intriguing hip place to stay. With eight individually designed double bedrooms and an apartment, each showcasing the work of young contemporary artists, Brody House offers something unique. With fairly priced room furnished in a ruggedly elegant style, Brody House is a hip yet intimate base in central downtown Pest, offering guests discreet personal service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Brody House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brody House Hotel Budapest