“Great apartment, but some downs in general.”

Fraser Residence Budapest
Ranked #17 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We'vd just stayed on residence for a few days. Really great apartment, love the modern simple style. Great bedrooms and toilets. The first couple of days, we didnt eat breakfest on the "hotel". But once we did, we were surprised. Well we could choose between some bread, some ham or cheese, yougurt, juice and a bit of fruit. Its a very cozy place, and you can eat out on the terrace. We had a balcony we didnt use. Because, first the sun didnt hit the balcony at all, the view was horribel, we could see down to the intrance street and look at a ruin. Even though, the mall was very close, so we could buy some food. One of the best supermarkets we'ved seen in budapest. Very clean and a various of products. Down side: the place isnt a attractive place, no one and locals cant speak english, only the staff on the hotel. When we ask to get somewhere, people were answering back on hungarian!!! And be careful with the taxies, you can get ripped, please ask them about price first. About food, we couldnt find a restaurant near by, but weve tried a really good pizza place, we order from 4 time. Its a family place, right on the corner besides a bar/pub. And we also order home delivery from leroy express so fast and good indian/wok food and the staff was so kind to help us to call them and order. I forgot to say, the cleaness was okay, there was dust in the corners but in general ok. The cleaning service, they maked you bed and we got new toilet paper and the garbage was out so good. BUT on the second day, i saw ived missed some of my makeup, i looked everywhere to find my blush, and its not small so it cant just dissipear. No no no, im pretty sure that one of the staff took or Stolen my makeup which is pretty sad!!! Since my brother or boyfriend dont use makeup, ived checked everywhere!!! But its gone now. And after that, ived lost my respect and locked my things away when the cleaning ladies came.

• Stayed: May 2012
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear Valued guest,

I would like to thank you for your time and effort to put your findings about Fraser Residence, Budapest on Tripadvisor. Our Front Office team will be especially pleased to be recognized for their efforts. We take great pride in looking after the needs of our guests and it is indeed a pleasure to be of service.
Regarding the missing blush;. Fortunately (since we opened) we weren’t confronted to any kind of theft related problems; do to our strict security policies & control procedures.
That being said I will definitely look into this issue and contact you directly for more details in order for us to conduct a detailed investigation and accordingly to eventually revise some of our already very strict control policies.

Hopefully we will get the opportunity to welcome you once again in the future so that you can experience once again the true Fraser Residence hospitality

Kind regards,
Alain Goetechel

There are newer reviews for Fraser Residence Budapest

Reviewed 16 April 2012

We took a two bedroom apartment as we were a family of four. Our stay was indeed very pleasant and a memorable one indeed. The apartment was exceptionally clean and very well equipped. Maybe the bedrooms were slightly small but it really didn't bother us since it had a very cosy feeling. All the staffs were very warm, pleasant and helpful especially Mr. Nanai Balazs who took care of our reservations very well. Our special thanks to him and his staff. The hotel is located very close to a shopping mall and that made it very convenient for us to shop or visit some local food court. The location is a little quiet but it was not too bad as the metro station was not too far for us to travel around. We will definitely return to this hotel again as it had a very warm, cosy and a homely feeling. By the way, the wi-fi service was excellent!

Stayed: December 2011
4  Thank Premilamohanan
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your nice comments on your Fraser Residence, Budapest experience! I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the facilities and services lived up to your expectations. Our team and especially Balazs will be very pleased to be recognized for their efforts.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 7 April 2012

We spent Thanksgiving in Budapest and having a two bedroom apartment for our family of five was great. The hotel is modern, very clean and the apartments have all the comforts of home. They put an extra bed in the living room for my daughter. The kitchen and washer/dryer are very convenient when traveling with kids. The bathroom had a tub/shower and a shower. Not a lot of storage space in the bedrooms but there were a couple closets in the hall. The breakfast was great with lots of variety and well stocked. The housekeeping manager was very friendly and accommodating. Because it was so cold we came back early and they cleaned the apartment while still accommodating us. We didnt feel uncomfortable with that arrangement. The towels are huge and very soft. The pillows were perfect and the beds very comfortable. It is located a bit away from the center but it is convenient to the metro and there is large shopping mall with restaurants and a supermarket nearby. The front desk staff is a bit distant but friendly. No concierge or rec facilities but we used the city baths instead. Only a couple English channels but my kids enjoyed cartoons in Hungarian. They let us take the towels to the bath. They arranged for airport pick up. If we are ever back in Budapest I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else. I will probably try other Fraser hotels because of this great experience.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank pandabear6
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Dear pandabear6,

I take this opportunity to thank you for your valuable comments and the high scores you have awarded us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to notice that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Fraser Residence Budapest.
We are truly happy that we’ve met your expectations; everything from the size and equipments of the apartment, the quality of our beds, the quality/ variety of our breakfast.
I’m especially pleased that our housekeeping manager could make your stay with us even easier and more relaxed by accommodating the cleaning according to your plans.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back anytime should your plans bring you to Budapest again.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 March 2012

This apartment exceeded our expectations! The size of our one bedroom apartment was large and decorated really well. It was equipped with everything we needed including a full kitchen and DVD player. The bed was very comfortable and the toiletries in the bathroom were great quality. The breakfast that we had included with the room was very nice.
I would definitely recommend staying here, the location may not be central, but its close to tram and metro lines.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank TianaandFrankie
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Valued Guest "TianaandFrankie”

Thank you very much for sharing your really kind feedback and recommendations to other travelers regarding your stay with us at the Fraser Residence Budapest. I'm delighted to see that your apartment and our services exceeded your expectations.

We would be glad to welcome you back anytime should your plans bring you to Budapest again.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Highly recommendable! Friendly staff, clean and nice rooms. We had an apartment for two with two rooms for 50€/day. Around the hotel many new apartment blocks are built, not very nice but the near Corvinus shopping center brings compensation.

Room Tip: We had room 605, very good.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Dear Clearer,
Thank you very much for your valued time spent on placing your kind comments and recommendation on Tripadvisor.com regarding your stay at Fraser Residence & apartment hotel, Budapest. I’m glad to read that our 1 bed room (with living room) apartment, exceeded your expectations, could fully benefit of our special winter promotional rates and I’m especially delighted to see that our services were at your satisfaction.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

We are a couple that travelled to Budapest in Jan 2012 for 11 nights. We had been to Budapest before and stayed in a Hotel close by but many of the city centre hotel rooms are pretty small. As we were staying for 11 nights we decided to look for an apartment. We read the reviews about Fraser residence and decided to book.We got an amazing deal as it was January. On arrival we were delighted to see that the 1 bed apartment was spacious, modern and spotlessly clean. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The building was well kept and secure. We had breakfast included each morning and it was very nice. The room had a very well equipped kitchen which allowed us to cook most evenings. We took full advantage of the Huge Corvin shopping centre 2 minutes away for buying groceries and supplies. The apartment had 2 big Flatscreen Tvs ( 1 on sitting area and 1 in bedroom). The dvd player was an excellent idea as there are only news channels in English on the TV menu so we brought dvds to watch. The WiFi internet speed was excellent. There were staff available to service the room each day but we didnt avail of this every morning. The cleaning superviser even called after the room was cleaned to make sure we were happy with it. The hotel was with 15mins walk of the main tourist area in the city. A taxi to the castle district cost around €8. We didnt used the public transport but others staying at the hotel said it was very easy to use. The bathroom had underfloor heating and the water pressure was excellent with hot water avilable day and night. The Manager phoned to see if there was anything that he could do to enhance our stay and this personal touch was very much appreciated. I will be travelling again to Budapest later this year and will be recommeding this Aparthotel to other couples travelling to Budapest for medical treatment. We have stayed at many high quality 5 star hotels and although the Fraser Residence is listed as 4 star the staff and personal touch made our stay 5 star

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank penny10
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Dear Valued Guest „penny10”,

Thank you for the high praise of a “fabulous stay”. I am truly delighted to learn that you hold such fond memories of your recent stay with us at Fraser Residence Budapest.

We are truly happy that we’ve met your expectations; everything from the size and equipments of the apartment, the location of the hotel, the WIFI speed, cleanness. I highly appreciate you acknowledging the excellence and helpfulness of our team.

We all can’t wait for your next visit to our property.
I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return to Fraser Residence Budapest.
We remain at your service and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 29 January 2012

I know what to expect from Fraser (excellent apartment hotels), as I was staying in several Fraser spots around the world. So, for a good price I booked studio apartment in Budapest. Here's what you can expect:
Pros:
- Rooms are new, very nice equipped and comfortable.
- Generaly, hotel is quite, not to big
- You have good amenities in room
- Wi fi is free
Cons:
- There are some works around in the moment so it's not very quiet
- View from rooms is at some old very ugly ruins
- Location is not that perfect as for the just a few bucks more you can have much more centraly, almost that good hotel. Hotels are very cheap in Budapest.
- I booked this hotel as I didn't want to drive too much around the city center as were were staying in the city just for overnight, so I parked the car in their garage (Hotel is just outside the center and have easy acces from outside the city). But, no one told me that garage is 14 euros per day. Wow! It's almost like in the centre of Venice, Milano, Paris or some other European top spots. And Budapest supose to be cheaper. And hotel even isn't in Budapest city center.
If I knew that the garage is 14 euros per day, I would book nice hotel in city center and everything would be in walking distance. We spend around 15 euros extra per taxi, which is not cheap, but of course, taxi scum will always turn on the most expensive tariff when they notice you are foreigner. Hey, I booked hotel for 45 usd and had to pay 20 usd for garage and 20 usd for taxi. So, it's not the best deal around.
If you are coming by plane take the city center hotel, if you are coming by car, also book city center hotel as this was not a good option :)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank elys79

Dear Valued Guest „elys79”,

I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments.

Whilst I am pleased to read your compliments regarding our well equipped apartment, amenities and free Wifi, I’m truly sorry to read; that you personally experienced some cons during your 1 night stay.

98% of our guest; who already stayed at the Fraser Residence; shared positive comments about the points you consider as cons.

The vast majority of our guest do appreciate Frasers Hospitality concept:
To provide up to twice as much space as an equivalent standard of hotel room. Unlike hotel rooms which have a bedroom and bathroom (unless it is an expensive suite!) serviced apartments have a number of rooms. Whether the choice is a studio or a 1,2 -3 bedroom apartment, it offers a separate kitchen, a well equipped living/working area and bedroom/s. As a result, Fraser Residence serviced apartment hotels have a lot more space.

Regarding the garage charge: We carefully conducted a competition check before setting our price at €14.-; being much cheaper than any other Hotel in Budapest (based on the comp. check the min. charge for an indoor hotel garage in Budapest is € 20.-) and many 4 star superior hotels don’t have their own parking.

Transportation/location: The Fraser Residence is centrally located next to the Corvin Shopping Centre and 500 metres from the Corvin-negyed metro stop (1 or accordingly 2 stations from all major cultural highlights). Like in most capitals; most of the guests prefer to use the public transportations (in Budapest they are extremely safe, clean and efficient)

Hopefully we will get the opportunity to welcome you once again in the future so that you can experience the true Fraser Residence hospitality.

With my Best regards,