“Wonderful apartment hotel”

Ranked #18 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Perth, Australia
“Wonderful apartment hotel”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Beautiful clean apartment, perfect for our requirements. Good to have a bath and kitchen in a hotel style setting. No room service but the building was located so close to the shopping centre, food was always available. Big king double bed and a baby cot was made available for our 8 week old baby. Train station from the airport was 5 minute walk away and you could catch the same train the other way for 5 minutes to the city centre. High recommend for other travellers. We travelled in June 2013

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Cassie G
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for being so thoughtful in giving your appreciation of the time spent with us. We were touched to read your kind words towards the Fraser Residence Budapest and to know that you highly recommend our Hotel to other travellers.

I was also truly happy to read your positive feedback about our beautiful apartment.

We hope to have the occasion of welcoming you back in a not too distant future, and I look forward to seeing you at that time.

Alain Goetschel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We just returned from a great holiday in Budapest and we are so glad we chose to stay in the Fraser Residence Hotel.
The staff was great in every way, everyone was very helpful, they speak very good English. The apartment we stayed in was very nice, clean and well equipped. I must mention the comfort of the sofa and the bed, which was very high. Also, breakfast had a great variety of food and drinks (bread, cheese, croissants and many more), everything was very good.
The hotel is located in a very nice and quiet area, close to a shopping center called Corvin, there are also small restaurants and bistros around.
Parking at the hotel costs 14 euro per day, but you can also park for free on the streets (not very recommended) and also close to the hotel (about 50m distance) there is a private outdoor parking with video surveillance for which we paid about 14 euros for 4 days.
The get to the city center it only takes 10-15 minutes walking.
I was impressed with Budapest and Fraser Hotel had a very big impact on this. I would recommend it for both business trips or family holidays and most certainly I will choose the same hotel when I return to Budapest.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andreea M
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear Guest, We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review about the Fraser Residence Budapest.

We are deeply touched to read that it will certainly not be your last stay amongst us. Please know that we will always do our utmost to ensure you have another memorable experience.

Our first priority is to make our guests feel comfortable so it is a real pleasure to read that you found our hotel not only to be just “the perfect place”; but the Fraser Residence could contribute to your overall great experience during your stay in our impressive city indeed. We are delighted!

We were really pleased to read that you enjoyed our well equipped apartment and especially the comfortable beds and sofa as well as appreciated our nice, quite location & nearby shopping mall, bistro’s and restaurants.

Once again, we appreciate your kind words, and look forward to welcoming you back at the Fraser Residence soon.

Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The hotel location is very close to the Klinic metro station which makes it ideal for getting around the city. The Corvin shopping centre is just around the corner and has a great variety of shopping and food outlet.
The hotel itself is modern and well appointed. The rooms are large and have excellent facilities and are clean.
I went for a weekend trip for pleasure and was delighted with the service and the quality of the hotel. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was of a good quality and variety. No hot food, but the cold buffet was more than enough.
I would certainly recommend this hotel for a stay in Budapest.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Your praise on the quality of service is certainly the most important compliment to us. Particular attention is given to each and every guest in order to constantly meet their expectations.

I am delighted to read your kind words towards the Fraser Residence and to see that you enjoyed your stay amongst us.

We are so pleased that you appreciated your large room and excellent facilities as well as our ideal location.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 July 2013

These apartments are within walking distance of the centre of Budapest (and 5 minutes from the nearest Metro station via a new Shopping Complex called Corvin). The rooms are spotless, spacious and modern with excellent free Wifi. The breakfast is continental but perfectly adequate with a range of fresh breads, meats, cheeses and various accompaniments, as well as fresh fruit. There is a beautiful courtyard to sit and relax with breakfast before embarking on a day of exploration. The staff speak perfect English and are happy to give directions, ring for taxis and generally make your life easy. I would not stay anywhere else in Budapest!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Gunny64
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Guest, You are so very kind for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us at the Fraser Residence Budapest. It goes without saying that what you experienced is what we would hope all our guests experience. We are delighted that you love the Hotel, its location, our spotless, spacious rooms and could enjoy your breakfast in our garden; as there is indeed no better way to relax before starting to explore our beautiful city.

Thank you for being so generous with your comments. I will certainly share them with all the team.

We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Best regards,
Alain Goestchel
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I have had so many bad experiences with executive apartments/long-stay hotels that I was filled with trepidation when I booked Frasers. Often, I have found that these properties sacrifice comfort and quality for slightly larger accommodation and some heavily worn self catering facilities. I am pleased to say that I was wrong. While the location of the hotel is a mild drawback and quality of the rooms as well of the helpfulness of the staff won me over.

The Hotel is in Budapest's 8th District, which is a mixed district with a great deal of student housing but it is also the target of a lot of heavy redevelopment projects by local authorities. Nagytemplom sits off Ulloi ut., which is the main road to the airport. This hotel is at least 10 minutes closer to the airport than most of the city center hotels but also an extra 5-10 minute taxi ride from most of the main tourist attractions. The hotel sits next to a large mall and shopping promenade with all forms of basic services like pharmacies, ATMs, etc. Unfortunately, because of the redevelopment in the area there are several active constructions zones in and around the hotel. While, I did not hear any noise while I was at the hotel the blocs surrounding the hotel certainly weren't picturesque so if you have your heart set on a view of Parliament of waking up on the Danube this probably isn't the property for you. Yet, if you sacrifice a little bit of location you will find a really wonderful, well run hotel with great facilities and friendly staff. Details follow:

I had two brief stays in this hotel in May I stayed in both a studio and a 1 bedroom apartment. In addition to having more space, the 1 bedroom suite had a full sitting area and a washing/dry. I stayed in two different studios neither with laundry facilities so anyone looking to wash some clothes, take note and skip the studios. I preferred the space of the 1 bedrooms but I have to say the studios were quite nice and certainly had enough space for a couple coming to enjoy a holiday. Pictures on the website are accurate. The bed was comfortable and the room was exceptionally functional. Internet signal and water pressure were excellent.

I was surprised to find that the staff was exceptionally knowledgeable about the City. When I had a minor medical problem they quickly arranged treatment and secured me a favorable price on a car transfer to Bratislava when flooding washed some of the train routes. I found staff helpful friendly throughout my time there. The lobby is incredibly small and sometimes at peak times staff can become overwhelmed so I tried to avoid the lobby during these times.

I will say breakfast is a continental and not a highlight choices are sparse and items are often picked over but you can certainly have a simple breakfast yogurt, croissants, and cold cuts. I was happy to store food and cook in the kitchen which had ample facilities and was cleaned thoroughly. Hotel was quite and rooms and corridors were safe and secure throughout my stay.

I booked both through the hotel website as well as a third-party site and found prices to be about 80 Euro per day for a 1 bedroom suite during the week and higher on the weekends. Overall I would say the hotel is underrated at #17 in Budapest (as of the date of this review) and is certainly in the top few hotels in which I have stayed in Budapest.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you very much for your very nice and detailed review. It is very satisfying to read especially from a senior Tripadvisor contributor; that not only you rate us as one of the “top few hotels in which you stayed in Budapest”; But we made you love again the serviced apartment concept; as you felt reassured once you could apreciate the high quality and comfort of our luxury apartments and 24/24 services at the Fraser Residence Budapest. I’m equally pleased that the staff contributed successfully to your well being and positive experience. I will take great pleasure in sharing your notes with the team; as there is nothing more motivating than reading words like yours.

As regard to the breakfast, we are continuously taking into consideration guests` suggestions and we try to provide a healthy and rich “continental breakfast” concept every morning I already took the appropriate measures by reviewing the variety by adding, carefully selected products.

Regarding you mild remark :). Our neighborhood is currently as you noted the most redeveloped, residential and business center & is already considered as of the the best luxury, residential part of the city. Budapest being split between Buda &Pest; the Fraser Residence is actually part of the city centre close to the famous, trendy Raday utca (where some of the best reaturants in town like the Michelin star rated Restaurant Costes are located) and Corvin Palza. The great majority of our guests do share with me that they are actually very happy to be next to the public transport (1 or accordingly 2 stations from all major & numerous cultural highlights). Like in most capitals; our guests prefer to use the public transportations (in Budapest they are extremely safe, clean, easy to use and very efficient).The advantage to be a little bit off the noisy main roads is that our property is located within Budapest in a very tranquil street and offers very spacious rooms (most with balconies or big terraces). During you next stay you’ll be able to enjoy the beautifully restored historical building across our property. This landmark building was the center stage of a novel “The Paul Street Boys” that was written by a very famous Hungarian-born dramatist and novelist “Ferenc Molnar"

Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly for any personal arrangements prior to your next stay.

The Fraser Residence Budapest team and I are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future to your “luxury home away from home”.

Pontypool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2013

These apartments are by far the best I have ever stayed in. Only a ten minute walk to the city center or a five minute taxi ride (cost about £3.50) they are the perfect place to stay in a busy city. We had a one bedroom apartment which was enormous, all appliances were very high quality and there was everything needed for a stay of any length. The storage was endless, walk in wardrobe, massive wardrobe space in the entrance corridor of the room, iron, ironing board, hairdryer, washing airer (although the washer dryer works perfectly and was very useful), and a lovely extra touch of having an ipod dock with speakers. The TV and DVD player were great and DVds with the english option can be bought in the shopping center which is only a 2 minute walk and is huge, there's nothing you can't buy there. It was immaculately clean when we arrived and was cleaned every day, the breakfast was lovely and the garden area with sunloungers is a haven of peace and quiet as were the two balconies we had. It was very quiet in the room and the building and a good night sleep was had every night especially as the airconditioning was very effective and quiet. The staff at reception and the cleaners were lovely and very helpful, even printing out my boarding pass for me and ensuring we had everything we needed. I would definitely return to these apartments and the beautiful city of Budapest. There were 3 of us in the apartment, but as my husband was working close by, our teenage daughter and I went exploring every day on our own and we had no issues at all, very safe and everyone very friendly. I can't wait to go back. Top tip, book through fraser's website, it's cheaper than other hotel sites.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank sarah e
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking your time and efforts to share this very enthusiastic and very detailed review on Tripadvisor with the readers. It is so complimenting and rewarding for all the team to read all your praising words about your pleasant stay. I could not have described more authentically the services and the facilities as you did, so I am very grateful for it.

Don’t hesitate to experience; the same high level service and comfort for your next short or long stay; leisure or business trip at our Frasers Hospitality properties and luxury serviced apartments located in (Paris, London, Scotland and many more in the Middle East and Asia). And as per your “Top tip” book online through Frasers Hospitality website as you’ll always find the best rates or promotions.

The Fraser Residence Budapest team and I are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Thank you once again for your sharing your experience.

Yours sincerely,
Rostock, Germany
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stayed in this accomodation in May 2013 for 5 nights in a flat with a seperate living and bed room. Also the flat had two bathrooms (one with a tub and a sink and another one with a loo and another sink), air condition and a nice balcony as well as a kitchen.
The Fraser Residence is situated in the all new quarter Corvin, near to a mall, a gym, and some nice cafes. The metro is not to far away and you can reach it by a 5 minutes walk.
The breakfast was nice, they also have a terrace outside of the breakfast room. If you like you can eat in your room too. The staff was really friendly and spoke fluent English, some of them spoke German as well.
Another good thing is the really fast WiFi (maybe the time before you get logged of could be longer) and the really good cleaning of the rooms - no dust anywhere.
We highly recommend the accomodation and would come back again during our next stay in Budapest.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Clemens_Schwarzbach
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your impressions following your stay at the Fraser Residence Budapest! I was very happy to read that you have fond memories of your stay with us, especially learning that you still cherish appealing experience from last May. The goal of our work is to satisfy our guest even beyond expectations. That you “would come back again” at the Fraser Residence is a good proof for the success.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon! Again, thank you for having taken the time to give us such wonderful feed-back.