“Four Stars Well Deserved...”

Ranked #13 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Four Stars Well Deserved...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Hotel is modern and well equipped. However I suggest that there be more English entertainment channels on the TV. Rooms were very clean and room service was excellent.

Breakfast was above average, however there should be more variety, e.g, pancakes, sausages or bacon would have been nice.

The location is in a quiet area so noise is not a problem and it it is near Corvin Plaza and a metro station. Unfortunately, it is not walking distance to the city center, but that was fine.

All in all, it is a great family oriented hotel and would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TehHonestCritic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed here for one night and wish I had booked ahead and reserved it for all four nights I was in Budapest. Quiet rooms with good wifi. Very clean and well maintained. Helpful and effecient 24-hour reception/concierge, etc. Nice breakfast. Good for both one-day and long term stays. I spent three weeks in Russia and Eastern Europe and stayed in five places. This was definetly the best. It's managed by Faser's of Singapore and it was a delight to find them in Europe. They need to open more over there...

Room Tip: Location is no a quite street so I think all rooms should be okay (not sure, just a hunch. My room...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael M
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Fraser Residence Budapest and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate your positive comments on the quality of our staff service and facilities. Receiving positive feedback is a great motivator for all the staff in the hotel and helps us to maintain and continue to improve our service.

Don’t hesitate to experience as well; for your next leisure or business trips. Frasers Hospitality luxury serviced apartment hotels located in (Paris, London, Barcelona, Scotland and many more in the Middle East and Asia).

Thank you again for your kind comments. We look forward to welcome you back and to be at your service in a not too distant future!

Warm regards,

Canberra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Pro
Before we arrived, received welcoming email from Fraser with directions to the hotel - this was very helpful as we caught public transport to and from the airport; this is very easy and convenient (combination of bus (200E) and Metro (M3 blue line)). We found that getting off the metro at Klinikak station was a closer walk to the hotel that from Corvin-negyed, as suggested by Fraser;

We purchased Budapest Card at the airport, which was fab and worth investigating (provides free travel on public transport, entries to some museums, free waking tours etc).

The apartment was very nice with plenty of space for the two of us; modern, clean and fresh; two small balconies (view of apartment blocks), one off the bedroom the other off the sitting room (we were on 3rd floor); the kitchen well equipped with qual appliances, although we ate out all evenings;

Breakfast was lovely each morning - same, but good selection of cold meats and cheeses, boiled eggs, selection of fruits, yoghurts, pastries and breads; good internet connection with a router in the sitting room;

There is a big ,modern shopping centre 5mins walk from the hotel with a supermarket and the usual;

Cons - (very minor, but valid)
Tea and coffee wasn't refilled each day; housekeeping services not available in the evenings i.e. to get an iron, more cups etc., which is expected of four star property.

Just a minor observation - not walking distance to any attractions but in-between two metro stations with easy access to the city.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kubus4
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for weekend, great aparthotel. Really spacious, nice kitchen and equipment. Really great bathroom.
Hotel is close to shopping centre and we walked to all tourist attractions. Really nice helpful staff. I would agree with some reviews that paint needs to be redone ( but I guesd it is guffed by suitcases). Great hotel I'd recommend.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Suzi T
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Let us thank you for choosing Fraser Residence for your week end break.. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments about your stay in our hotel.

Thank you for mentioning the location of the hotel, the well equipped and spacious rooms, the helpful and friendly staff.

Your constructive comments will certainly help us in our efforts to continuously improve our standards. We thank you for raising these issues and providing us with this valuable feedback.
We have a strong ongoing preventive maintenance program in place. But seems we need to speed up a little. Normally we immediately paint all the apartments and public areas marked walls or fix the slightly worn furniture’s. You are right that some areas are quickly marked by suitcases. I already found a solution with our maintenance team to protect all sensitive areas.

The whole team and I sincerely hope that we may have the opportunity and the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Alain Goetschel
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

After staying in several nice hotels in Budapest, I found the Fraser Residence, and now this is my first choice property every time I visit Budapest. The hotel is located close to a major public transport hub. The subway (M3) is only 5 minutes walk from the hotel, the major tram line (4-6) is also right next to the subway stop, and there is a shopping mall as well. Also I should note that the surroundings of the hotel is quickly developing, as new and modern buildings are being built. The rooms are very modern and spacious and offer all amenities that one would require even for a longer stay, including a good-sized refrigerator, cooking-range, washing machine, etc. They also offer quick and complimentary wifi. A very nice touch is that the corkscrew is not hidden in one of the kitchen drawers, but is placed in the middle of the kitchen table. The rooms are very clean, the cleaning staff really makes an amazing work here every day. The staff is very helpful and professional. The only small letdown is that the breakfast is not as outstanding as the hotel itself. The variety of the food is not too large and the food is not presented very well. I would highly recommend for the management to improve on the quality/presentation of the breakfast, since this is the only point which somewhat compromises the otherwise great experience. Overall, I highly recommend this hotel, and I am sure that I will return here on my next visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank viking005
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I’m absolutely thrilled to hear that you’ve enjoyed the time spent with us. We are also humbled to hear that we are now your “first choice property every time you visit Budapest”. Thank you especially for highlighting the warm and friendly service extended to you by our entire team. It is always rewarding to receive such positive feedback from our guests.

I duly noted your constructive remarks about our breakfast. All our valued guests’ remarks are very important for us; to keep our service at high level and where possible improve them with the aim to produce an even more enjoyable experience. I immediately discussed with the team on how to further improve our variety and presentation.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back and to be at your service again when your travel plan takes you back to Budapest.

Please feel free to contact me directly ( alain.goetschel@frasershospitality.com) ; I will be delighted to assist you for any arrangement you may need prior to your next stay.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

As mentioned, the hotel enjoys a good location and has nice spacious rooms. Our room faced the courtyard so we didn't have the noise problem but the issue we had with was with water pressure (or rather lack of it) in our bathroom which resulted in very annoying longer than usual showers. We complained to the reception but their response was that nobody complained about this before.. Not the answer you'd expect. Other than that we enjoyed our stay in general and would come again if we return to Budapest.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comment on Tripadvisor. I’m very touched to read your appraisal regarding our spacious rooms and location and I’m particularly delighted to read that you would choose to stay again at the Fraser Residence for a future stay in our beautiful capital!

I apologize for the inconvenience regarding the temporary water pressure issue. Fortunately it affected only few of our guests as it was related to a localized problem with a water pipe. The issue has been repaired within 3 hrs by our engineering team. , I hereby would like to apologize again for the inconvenience this has caused you.

The Fraser Residence team and I really wish to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future upon your next visit in Budapest. Please feel free to contact me directly
( alain.goetschel@frasershospitality.com) ; I will be delighted to assist you for any arrangement you may need.

Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at the Fraser Residence for four nights. The hotel is located in the middle of two metro stations (M3 line) so it is easily reachable by public transportation. The Corvin shopping center is also close by, only a 3-minute walk from the hotel.

At first we stayed at room 401 (Studio room for two persons). The room was very nice and clean but unfortunately it was facing the street. Just opposite to the hotel is a building site and it was very loud early in the morning (started at 7 a.m.) so we couldn’t sleep properly.

We asked for a different room on after second morning and the hotel staff was very helpful and promised us an upgraded room for the last two nights. We transferred to room 506 which was facing the silent garden side of the hotel. It was very quiet and we slept there properly.

At first the new hotel room seemed great but on our second evening at this hotel room (and our last evening at the hotel all in all) we spotted little black ants crawling on the floor. I went to see the receptionist right away but it was very late (around 11.30 p.m.) so there was nothing he could do about it. He told us that he didn’t have the keys to cleaning room so we didn’t get any poison etc.

We killed around 30 ants during the rest of the stay (last evening and the next morning). We asked about the situation again in the morning and the new receptionist told us that he has informed the cleaning and maintenance departments. We got apologies from both receptionists but no other compensation for the trouble.

All in all we liked the hotel for it’s location and the rooms were otherwise big and well-equipped. Breakfast was also comprehensive and fresh. Unfortunaly we had these two troubles (loudness and ants) that you wouldn’t expect to encounter in a 4-star hotel such as Fraser Residence.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Matkakupla
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Valued
Guest, thank you for review. We appreciate your feedback, as we take pride in the Fraser Residence Budapest. We are especially concerned because, as you can see from our reviews, most guests have a positive experience. Fortunately, we have had no complaints from other guests, but know that ants come along with spring and summer; normally we treat the property as per our standards 4 times/ year. But since this summer is particularly hot we decided to further increase the periodic pest control against insects and asked our house keeping team to be extra vigilant.

Once again, I apologize for all inconvenience and I hope this will not darken the memories of your Budapest holiday. What has happened is certainly an unwanted and unexpected experience and I can assure you that what has happened to you is an exceptional issue; as one of our top priorities is to ensure that our apartment /suites are spotless, clean and definitively bug free!

I do sincerely hope that you will grant us another opportunity to show you our ability to provide a first class service that Frasers Hospitality is renowned for (in all our properties worldwide). Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly; I will make sure that your next experience with us will be unforgettable.

Warm regards,