“Great Location Rude Employees” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Prima Fashion Hotel

La Prima Fashion Hotel
Ranked #52 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
San Diego, California
“Great Location Rude Employees”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Pros: Location, one employee, welcoming lobby area to sit (when they don't have all the lights out after 12am), breakfast

Cons: Amateurish/rude/unfriendly employees and front desk manager, chocolates left in room for sale (smells up the entire room), Wifi, costs (paid over $100US per night for a hotel front desk run by amateurs was not pleasant), housekeeping

The location is great. This is coupled with the one employee who consistently personified what the hospitality industry should be about. He really helped me out of a bind I had with my previous place of lodging which is explained in the previous write-up (a very scary scenario occurred). He was professional, friendly, and empathetic.

The lobby is welcoming although at night (when the front desk guy with the glasses works), he turns off the lobby lights around 12am. Since Wifi doesn't work in the room there are a lot of people who use the lobby for this. The one night there were half dozen people sitting in the dark talking or on their computers. Maybe he should have been cognizant of this, as he was behind the front desk, but this must be his way of having no visitors handing around….just my theory.

Room was small but met my needs to just come and go. Not big enough for two people and it was a double bed.

Wifi is abysmal at best. Most of the time I had to go to the lobby to check my emails or to do any work. When this was mentioned I was told there is a different router for the fifth floor and to look for a network that showed up twice in the 4 days I was there and that was for fleeting moments. Don't plan to check e-mail except in the lobby as many other people obviously had to do. I have a laptop, iphone, and Ipad and this was the case with all of them so it wasn't my device.

As for the rudeness of the employees, after being in Budapest for a week, and not being the first time, I have come to the conclusion it is their culture. Unfortunately the employees are all very young and are obviously not trained, or suited, for the hospitality industry. It is their culture though but this is a warning. I have been to over 80 countries and trying to identify a ruder one and the only one that comes to mind is France but even there it was not a consistent rudeness.

The first morning housekeeping didn't come by so I went down the hall and asked her for two coffee packets. She yelled and said later. Two hours later when I came back, late in the afternoon, the room still wasn't made up and still no coffee. I ended up going out for coffee. When I mentioned it to the front desk they said they only leave it once they clean the room. So, very late in the afternoon my room was clean, coffee there, and the "morning" British News pamphlet was on my desk (it was the only day of three I received this). The second day I asked for towels/toiletries and didn't bother with the cleaning lady.

The reason for the three star rating is that it seems the rude/unfriendly service may be average for Budapest.

If it was just the hotel workers that were so rude I would have rated it a 2/5. I am hoping that the workers in the tourism industry are not representatives of the entire population albeit they idealistically should be the friendliest and most hospitable.

Room Tip: Make sure to not get a room on the 5th floor if you need to be connected to Wifi as it won't hap...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Comfortable, good located hotel with stilish rooms. Good breakfast, friendly staff. I can recommend for both short and long stay. Located in city center near Erzhebet bridge. A lot of sightseeing in walk distance. Safebox in the room. No parking, because pedestrian area around hotel. Good parking is 7 min away.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_Mellowmood, Vendégkapcsolati vezető at La Prima Fashion Hotel, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Dear Кирилл М,

Thank you for your fantastic review!
We were happy to have the opportunity to host you.
You are welcomed any time in our hotel.

Kind regards,
Bredene
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Charming hotel, but the rooms are very small and bathroom even too small! After having taken a shower, the whole bathroom is wet.Location excellent, near the shops and lots of restaurants. The staff is very helpfull.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Manager_Mellowmood, Vendégkapcsolati vezető at La Prima Fashion Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear josianeaBredene,

Thank you for your feedback! We will seek a solution for keeping the floor dry in the bathroom! We are also happy that our location was helpful to you, and that our staff could successfully help you make the most of your holiday in the city!

With Kind Regards,

The La Prima Team
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed for a week and wanted somewhere that would allow us to explore the city and also be in a suitable location for transport links to the Hungoraring for the F1. The metro was a short walk from the hotel and provided great transport links.

A lovely boutique hotel, with friendly and helpful staff.
The location is perfect for a city break, within walking distance to all attractions, almost on top of the main shopping and eating street, yet silent at night.

The rooms were clean and spacious, and the bathrooms modern.

The bar area is part of the reception rather than a separate bar, making it feel like a nightcap was only available in the foyer.

The only down side to this hotel for me would be that there was no complimentary water, tea or coffee in the rooms. Everything provided in the rooms came at a charge.
The tea that was available at breakfast was fruit or earl grey - this is the norm for the country. Personally I like a breakfast tea.
And the bed and pillows were somewhat on the hard side.

Otherwise a gem of a hotel.

Room Tip: Speak to reception when ordering your room, posters in the lifts, give info on room upgrades for rom...
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time and sharing your experiences here! It was a complete delight to read that you had a fantastic time with us! Your praising words ensured us, we are on the right way. Quality is our top priority, and I am very grateful that our work has been appreciated. It would be honestly a privilege to host you again, when you are next in Budapest.

South Shields, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We had a long weekend break and wanted somewhere close to the action. This was a really smart little hotel, nice rooms, great breakfast, nice staff - ticked all the boxes. Great location for riverside restaurants, Oktober 6th street - nice bars, reaturants and hop on hop off bus and river trips.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time, and sharing your honorific review here! I was delighted to read that you had a great time with us. My team will be more than happy to know, that their work has been so much appreciated. It would be great if we could host you again in the La Prima Fashion Hotel!

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

My friend and I stayed here for two days. I was pleasantly surprized by the charm of it. The rooms are cute and the location of the hotel is amazing, However, nothing works here! From coffee machine to the internet in the rooms. Also, you keep calling the operator at night, they will never pick up your phone. It seems there is only one person at the hotel at night. I wanted to like the hotel, but the whole package sucked.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ekta C
Dear Ekta C,

Thank you very much for your feedback! I strongly regret, that your last visit was not satisfactory in every aspects. I would like to let you know, that we take all your criticism with the utmost seriousness, and we are currently investigating this case. I sincerely hope, that you will give us another chance, when we can host you again, when we will be beyond your expectations!

Bredene-aan-Zee, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

The room was small, the water in the shower stays on the floor, the don't clean it very well. The glasses we used stayed on the same pleace, we saw that the people before us in the room had coffee.... Breakfast is goodbut the place to small. The kniffes are not washed propery.
We booked a comeback for sunday... Hopely its better than

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Linda V
Dear Linda V,

Thank you for your review. I regret, that your recent visit was not satisfactory. I am really sorry, that this time we couldn’t meet your expectations. Quality is our top priority, in addition, we are going to put even greater efforts to make our services perfect. We can only hope, that you will give us a second chance to greet you in our hotel, when we can provide you the quality which will be beyond your expectations!