“Hostel #home feeling #best ever” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carpe Noctem Hostel

Carpe Noctem Hostel
Budapest, Hungary
“Hostel #home feeling #best ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

A long time ago...

It was early in the morning - grey sky - and I decided to go on the road on with a sign written on it: Budapest! Two days later... I reached it. It was late in the night.. and I was really tired. Heading for a internet cafe looking for a hostel. And I saw this sign and name "Carpe Noctem"....and my brain remembered this one guy (I met in Riga) who told me about this place. So I thought... go for it - sleep! 40 minutes later and a crazy walk through the city I came there.. 5 minutes later on the stairs I finally reached the "top floor" and the entry to a new incredible awesome episode of my life.
Carpe Noctem is just the place you enter and feel home - even if you enter it after a trip like mine. You easily get together with all the people in this little family hang out on the couch during the day and hang out in the best pubs, clubs, on a boat or where ever in the night.
I dont wanna tell to many stories because my introduction was already to long...and there are just to much so I just end with this: "Carpe Noctem means fun, crazy nights and awesome people - just an amazing time!"

Thank you guys for everything!

Room Tip: Every bed is good even the couch! Go for it!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Antonio de Areco, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

hello my friends from Budapest! we love your hostel it's such a nice place. We will for sure recommand it to our friends from argentina/chile. next time we will also saty in our place, I hope we will come back there soon! love you x

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Maria F
Bourne Lincolnshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

I arrived at Carpe Noctum quite early after an overnight train, and as my bed wasnt ready yet I sat in the lounge area and watched as random crazy characters emerged, pushing through the effects of the previous night. My first impression then was of a bunch of mates hanging out together, and importantly I couldn´t tell who was staff and who wasn´t; there´s no reception area, I just walked straight in and hung out on the couch. Everyone was so relaxed together, and with only 2 dorm rooms I didn´t feel like I was in a hostel at all, brilliant!
Being un-organised and un-knowing of the city has never mattered so little. Right from check-in the staff told me everywhere to go, from restaurants to caving, and even put my name down for the caving so all I had to do was turn up. They really are happy to help.
Then of course the organised nights out blew my expectations of any night out I´ve been on. Where else would I be able to party on a night cruise up the river, go to a techno rave in the thermal baths, and witness a 150 drink Jager-train, all in about 4 days! The fact that the four party hostels will often go to the same venues means that you feel like part of a huge family, and knit even closer to the people in your own hostel. The companionship in these hostels is amazing. Being a part of these hostels also means discounts on drinks, free entry to bars (and the bars in Budapest are unique), and the opportunity to go out in a dress and do an open mic night without feeling like a muppet.
The hostels are cleaned daily, as are the staff, so the facilities are always comfortable and clean.
Fantastic location, within a few minutes of clubs, food, the river, and walking tours - and right by nyguati station and the metro; everything´s reachable from carpe.
Budapest is a beautiful city, but the people I´ve met at Carpe have made this trip for me; if there is any hostel you want to stay at in Budapest, go to Carpe, make some friends and a bag full of crazy memories. A truly unique place.

Room Tip: Every rooms a gooden.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

To start off, I'm usually paranoid of hostels, so I tend to avoid them. But I was travelling with a friend who had stayed here before and loved it, and now its easy to see why. From the moment you walk in, you feel right at home. The staff are genuinely nice and very helpful. There are nightly events organized to keep the fun rolling. The other guests are easy to get along with, the hostel isn't noisy and the beds are comfortable. The hostel is centrally located, very tidy and above all very safe. Would highly recommend staying here if your going to Budapest...

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

I decided to stay in carpe for 5 days after hearing bout it through a friend who worked there last summer. After watching the videos and reading reviews I extended my stay to 10 days before I'd even got there. On arrival I was greeted by a smiley bunch of the nicest people you'll ever meet. They showed me everything and told me all about Budapest and what I should do there. All the guests were hanging out in the living room with the staff when i arrived, which said a lot to me immediately. Mt first night there saw the carpe staff take all the guests to an awesome underground bar called morrisons for half price cocktails and karaoke. I tweeted that night that I didn't want to leave. I'd only been there 12 hours. From then on my 10 days went like this: fancy dress, pancake eating challenges in the morning or the whole hostel, roast dinners, Bacardi breezer breakfasts, champagne and partying on a boat, tea in a treehouse, pillow fights with staff, ordering Thai food and watching movies, 200 bomb jäger trains, all you can drink, burritos and half price frozen margaritas, tram rides at 4am, rave inside a cave... The list goes on. If you're going to book not any of the four party hostels in pesht. Book into carpe. Especially if you're travelling solo. It's still got it all going on but it's also the cleanest, most friendly and most hospitable hostel I've ever been to. After ten days I am already saving to move back and work there in summer. Carpe, you're the best!!

Room Tip: Any room you choose will be the best fun you've ever had, all the rooms are close to the kitchen...
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

I've been to carpe 3 times solo and once with a friend in the past year. I can't stay away. It is not hard at all to meet people here and the staff are amazing and extremely helpful. The hostel is clean and safe, the beds are comfortable and most importantly staying there is SO much fun. The staff take you out every night and it's always a blast. If you want to have fun in Budapest, definitely book here. I plan to return as soon as I have the time!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

I stayed at Carpe with my boyfriend so I don't believe it's just for solo travellers unless you want privacy and romance etc etc. We were purely there to have a good time as I had that impression from reading the reviews. The staff are amazing, they were super helpful with information on all the tourist attractions to do during the day... at night it was even better, they take you along to some of the maddest bars in Budapest which by the end of the night, you won't remember half of them anyway so take photos. I really recommend this joint to all. Even if you just want to hang out there during the day while you recover from your hangover, it's still cool to just chill and socialise with the crew + guests. Really safe, clean, convenient... all of the above. No negatives apart from the several flights of stairs you have to walk up to get there which is only my fault as I am unfit and lazy. Love this place. Peace.