“BACK AGAIN AND STILL IN LOVE WITH THE PLACE.”

Carpe Noctem Hostel
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“BACK AGAIN AND STILL IN LOVE WITH THE PLACE.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

I was so looking forward to coming back to this incredible hostel , after taking a fantastic trip here last September , I was not disappointed as again I had the best time. It was great being back in Budapest and amongst the best hostel I have ever experienced !!! Meeting again the most loveliest and welcoming staff ,some I had met before and was great to see them again, we were taken on the best nights out, had the best fun in the bath rave and just generally had a brilliant and enjoyable time! I know for sure I will be back at this hostel in no time !! I couldn't imagine going to Budapest and not staying at Carpe Noctem !!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tubingen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

I was supposed to stay at Carpe Noctem for 3 nights, I ended up staying for 6. I could stay longer if I didnt have to get home. The staff was great, the facilities perfect, and other travelers were amazing. Everyday there was something to do helped organized with the hostel, and every night they had something unreal planned i.e. thermal bath rave. I cant wait to come back here in year, hopefully sooner! Perfect hostel for solo travelers [and groups]

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

Words cannot describe how much I loved staying at Carpe, I've never been in a hostel that has a more welcoming and fun environment. The location is perfect! its to everything you need (train, sights, hangover food), the staff will help you with anything and suggest heaps of great stuff to do and see. The staff and guests will become your new family and I can promise you'll never want to leave. It's my second time here and I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else. Love you Carpe!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

Carpe Noctem was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! If you go to Budapest you need to stay there. The staff are incredible and totally make the difference. They are super friendly, love to meet people, love to party with you, and do everything they can to help you from loaning you a swim suit for the bath houses to cooking dinner for the group. When I first arrived I could not tell who was staff and who was visiting. I immediately felt at home and by the first evening I was lounging around and chatting like I would at my friends house. So comfortable and relaxing. On top of this, the whole hostel (staff included) goes out and partys together every night. Its great. Theres no partying in the hostel so its clean and quiet but its still designed to have an awesome time.
One downfall: The hostel is located a short block from the train station but not very close to any metro stops and a fairly long walk from the main attractions. The awesomeness of everything else definitely makes up for this. Some of your best bonding experiences can be late nights wandering the streets of Pest back to the hostel.

Room Tip: Make sure you choose the Original and not the Vite version of Carpe Noctem...they are two different...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

Could not have asked for a better experience in Budapest. Not only is the location spot on, but it's the staff that make you never want to leave!! It feels like you're in a house share with all of your best friends. They're extremely helpful, keep the place up to scratch, great at giving advice on awesome things to do during your stay, take you out every night and willing to make your trip as amazing as possible. I'm already planning my second trip back. Absolutely loved it!

• Stayed June 2013
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

The hostel is in a great location and is within walking distance to everything you will want to see in Budapest. The employees are all great people who are willing to help you with any of your concerns. I wish I could have stayed for 3 weeks instead of 3 nights. Definitely recommend this hostel to anyone looking for a great place to stay run by great people.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

Carpe Noctem is without a doubt the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Once you walk in the door you feel at home as you are greeted by everyone. It is great for both individual and group travelers and you will quickly make friends with everyone staying there! There are events each day and night, which make the experience that much better. I felt like I had a true Hungarian experience and the staff take you to local spots and bars (can't get much better than ruins bars). I came to this hostel in April and loved it so much I came back in May. There was no doubt in my mind that I had to stay at Noctem again, and it did not disappoint. I love the staff and am so jealous of anyone that gets to stay there :) I'll be back!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends