“Will suit some”

US$75.55*
Budapest by Night Tour with Dinner and Folklore Show
Ranked #52 of 307 Tours in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: Are you looking for a great experience in Budapest? Choose one of the Cityrama tours and get to know the sights of Budapest and Hungary. All of our sightseeing tours are "live guided" and available in 5 languages: English, German, French, Italian and Spanish. Private tours on request are available in other languages. Our guarantees for the quality are: more and more satisfied guests, qualified tour guides, modern, air conditioned buses, 30 years long experience.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I chose this tour as we needed one with limited walking and the plus side was that you could choose to visit Parliament at the end of the tour (I had difficulty booking Parliament via their own website, and if you do not book you are not likely to get in!).
W were collected promptly at 0930 at our hotel and rendezvoused near to where the Viking Cruises dock. There were 17 in the group, all English speakers, and Lazlo was our guide. We visited all the main tourist stops where there was brief explanations. As an experienced tour guide I was impressed that Lazlo waited for everyone to catch up , after the short, walks, before he started guiding, so often they start before the slower walkers arrive. I would have liked a little more on each site we visited. On arriving at Parliament we were handed over to a Cityrama courier who walked us at a pace to Parliament without any thought of slow walkers (Cityrama take note). On arrival at the queue it would have been more helpful if she had informed us that we needed to transfer pocket belongings to bags for the security check as it was a bit of a scramble when we entered Parliament. We were transferred to a Parliament guide who was a little difficult to understand not helped by her wrong positioning and only talking directly to part of the group (outside of Cityrama control). The tour finished outside Parliament which we were made aware of before the start. This is not a problem as the no 2 tram is there as is a Metro Line. I am still unsure about the value of this tour against the Hop - On buses but the clincher for me is the Parliament visit.

There are newer reviews for Cityrama Sightseeing Tours

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Thanks to Mr. Balazs Levay!

Recently we visited the Tourist Information Centre in downtown Budapest and was assisted by Balazs who went the extra mile to give us advice and introduce the places to see and visit.

Excellent work attitude. His friendliness and sincerity warms out heart.

He also works as a tour guide. If we visit Hungary again, we will want him to be out guide.

1  Thank ElliotEng
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We visited Budapest only for a weekend (24/05/2014) and we did the walking tours with Cityrama since was free with 24/h tourist card. I totally recommend to do it, in only 2.5 hours you receive a global vision of the awesome history of the city, regarding the history, architecture, politics, etc. Specially I recommend to take it with VIKI ! She was amazing, perfect English and she made an a agreeable and interesting Buda walking tour.

1  Thank Cristóbal V
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We spent 3 nights 4 days in Budapest, and I recommend this tour with Cityrama. It was indeed a great day out and there is so much to see outside of the buzzling city. Our tour guide, Clara, conducted the tour in Spanish and English, and she was very thorough in her explanations of the places and history. The sights of the place were very impressive and made great photo memories. We stopped by a decently priced restaurant (it was a designated restaurant as recommended by our guide) to have our lunch. There were lots of other tour people eating in the restaurant, so it did feel rather impersonal - but the food (especially the deer soup) was nice and tasty, so I won't complain much.
We finished the tour with a boat ride back to the city. Most of us chose to seat in the covered area of the boat as it was much too cold outside!
I must advise that the buses Cityrama use are the sort of Minivans and not the typical huge bus - so this can sometimes be quite limiting in terms of getting a full view of the tall monuments / buildings, when we were driving through. I think you would get a better view sitting in the large type of tour bus.

3  Thank SapphireRose88
Reviewed 26 May 2014

After reading the reviews I felt a bit concerned but we had no problem at all with this company. We pre-booked four trips and they were all well organised and our guides were very knowledgeable. Thoroughly enjoyable and very good value for money

1  Thank pinkkipling2014