“Rooms are too small!”

Ranked #12 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
London
“Rooms are too small!”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed here for two nights a couple of weeks ago. The interior and design of the hotel was perfectly good but the rooms were TINY! I couldn't understand the good reviews on the basis of room size alone. I would not stay here again only based on this, I had nowhere to put my suitcase. I didn't have room to swing a cat (not that I wanted to ;))! I found the room clausterphobic for one person and it was a double. The check in staff were perfectly lovely and the breakfast was ok. I did mention room size when I checked out and they admitted I had a 'sweetheart' room which was v small. Disappointing.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Siobhan C
David_Bots, Director of Sales at Bohem Art Hotel, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear Siobhan,

thank you for submitting your review.
I am really happy that you liked the design and the ambiance of the hotel. As we are in the historical downtown of Budapest and the building of Bohem Art Hotel is under city protection, our standard (classic) rooms are really not so large. But as you can read in the reviews, most of our guests find them very convenient and comfortable. Of course larger suites (Hip Suites and Art & History Suites) are also available.

Best regards,
David Bots

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
liverpool
Reviewed 1 March 2012

this was my girlfriend and myselfs 3rd visit to budapest,we have stayed in 2 nice hotels previousley(the boscolo new york palace and the zara continenetal)but this place beats them hands down,at times although the hotel was busy,it felt as if we were the only guests staying there,such was the attentiveness and friendliness of the staff.it is decorated wonderfully,the rooms were spotless and perfectly practical for a 3 day visit.there are numerous lovely little touches,like free internet,free coffee,tea and water in the afternoons,its location is excellent but most of all its top asset is its happy helpful smiling staff,it really is a little gem.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bigcigars
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed recently for a few nights and have already said to my mother that when we travel to Budapest together, we will be staying here for sure...

Firstly, I found a smashing deal on this place - be patient and hunt! Nice location near the river and Liberty Bridge - perfect for after-dinner strolls and it's like being smack between Buda and Pest. Round the corner are several good dining options on Belgrád rakpart facing the river - DON'T eat on touristy, overpriced Vaci utca, which is also round the corner!!

Transport: Fővám tér tram hub is nearby; one tram stop north and you're at Kálvin tér metro. Though if you're arriving with luggage, I'd advise against using the metro/trams..especially the metro, Budapest metro escalators are deadly steep and fast! I took a taxi to and from Keleti Station, which should cost 1000-1500Ft depending on traffic (organise it yourself to get the best deal, it's easy enough! I used the company Taxi2000 both times, can recommend).

Room: not huge, but so comfy, perfectly clean, and nicely designed. The bathroom was fantastic - loved the sleek fittings and nice flooring. The entire hotel was similarly clean and sleek.

The (champagne) breakfast: I've stayed in many hotels in many countries and I would rank it among the best I've had due to the variety, volume and great presentation. Many hot dishes (best, silkiest scrambled eggs I've had so far in a hotel breakfast), cheeses, breads, cereals, juices, cold dishes. But that said, I'd love to see more variation in the offerings, not necessarily daily, but at least every 2-3 days; as good as it was, everything was exactly the same each morning I was there.

From 2pm til late each day there's coffee, tea, bottled water and biscuits (the water fridge and the biscuits are next to the desk!) in the lobby area.

Service was always very good and smiling! Budapest is a brilliant destination and this hotel is a nice choice. Can't wait til my next trip.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We stayed at the Bohem Art Hotel in Feb 2012 and couldn't be more happier with the hotel.

The service is great, starting by the breakfast. You have to take your time to enjoy the breakfast at Bohem, as the assortment is to die for and the breakfast room is very charming and modern.

Each room has its own personality and modern décor, with works from local Hungarian artists. Room is more than comfortable (and perfectly clean) is equipped with LCD TV, mini fridge, free Wi-Fi, safe box (adequate for a 15’ notebook) and air conditioning.

As for location, Bohem is around 200m from the Central Market of Budapest, near the Kalvin Ter metro station and very close to the line 2 of tram that leaves you right next to sights as the Chain Bridge, the Parliament and the Little Princess Statue.

Another good surprise is that there is a coffee machine available for guests in the afternoon, and tea in the evening / night. A great way to relax after a full day in Budapest.

Our stay ended with a more than pleasant surprise: our flight was schedule for 6:30am, and we had to checkout at 4:30am. The day before, when we made the airport transfer reservation, we were asked if we wanted the breakfast to go. The next day, during checkout, there it was, two breakfast bags to go were waiting for us, with juice, water, sandwiches, fruit and cereal bar. Impossible to be more thoughtful than that.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Carolina_ESBR
minneapolis, minnesota
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stayed in this hotel July 2012. It was lovely - beautifully decorated with nice artwork on the walls and extremely clean, quiet and comfortable. It also was in a good location - easy access to all the sights. It had one of the best breakfast buffets in any hotel I stayed in and the breakfast room was exceptionally nice. I chose this hotel based on the positive reviews and it surpassed my expectations. I would not hesitate to stay here again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank ljrmsp
sweden
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Nice small hotel in Pest close to the river. Breakfast was really good too. Our rooms were small but sufficient. If there had been a bar/cafe in the lobby it would have been perfect.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank yoshiSweden
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 17 February 2012

First of all I would like to thank all the reception staff of this Hotel since they are all kind, helpful and smiling so they make you feel home ..this is very important!!
The position of the hotel is really central and it easy to reach even by public transportation.

As far as the hotel it is a blending of modern, dynamic and smart taste; Rooms are confortable and so nice; Cleaning services are excellent and all the staff is polite.

I really suggest this hotel to everyone going to Budapest: you will come back again satisfied like me!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo