“It offered more than I deserve :-)”
Review of Bohem Art Hotel

Bohem Art Hotel
Ranked #16 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Debrecen, Hungary
“It offered more than I deserve :-)”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I just checked out from the Bohem Art Hotel after a 1 night business stay. As always I picked the hotel from the Tripadvisor webpage where this hotel sticked out by overwhelmingly positive reviews and quite friendly prices. In addition I made a reservation just one day before checkin so I consider myself quite lucky to have found a room available.
I must say that all the positive comments I found on Tripadvisor were well deserved. The location of the hotel is ideal in a narrow street running parallel to the only real pedestrian street of Budapest (Vaci utca) so in 1 minute you are right there in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Budapest, It is also close to the big grocery market (Vasarcsarnok) which is worth the 2 min walk.
Checkin was very quick, the young lady at the counter was smiling all the time as if she was getting paid for the width of her smile. The design of the hotel is quite charming, and my the room was in mint condition. Although the size was a bit small but it was enough for a 1 night business stay. Everything in it looked new and clean. There was a safe and a minibar in it (The latter I have not noticed, I only leant about its existence after I checked out.) Flat screen TV and AC was also in there (I haven't used the latter since the weather was not so warm.)
The breakfast was excellent. The selection compares to the ones of many 5 star hotels with items such as champagne, salmon and freshly pressed orange juice only to name a few "rarities" you don't normaly find in a buffet breakfast of similar hotels.
Overall I expected Bohem Art to be a good and chic hotel but it surpassed my expectations.
What I got for my money is more than I deserve...
Will definitely return...

Room Tip: Room 311 is a nice and quit room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TheClintons

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel and amazing staff

We enjoyed our 4 days here.The location of the hotel is perfect, the service professional.
The only problem is the room is too small.
Breakfast is excellent and amazing staff!!!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Anat R
San Diego, California
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel is truly lovely on the inside and the staff is superb. As a fan of art and design I appreciated the modern interior with the sunken breakfast room and the comfortable loby chairs. The room was beautiful and very well appointed. We had a suite with 2 seperate rooms (perfect for baby bedtime/parent bedtime separations) and a balcony (apparently the only one in the hotel). The bed was very comfortable and the shower was fantastic.

They also had many amenities for families above and beyond the standard crib. In the crib there was a stuffed animal and some baby bath toys/soaps. But the very best thing was the in house babysitter. Unica (sp?) was a wonderful woman who our son adored (she watched him twice). She was very thoughtful and professional and we felt very comfortable with her.

Room Tip: Upgrading to a larger room is totally worth it. We got a hip suite (room 401) which is recommended f...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
David_Bots, Director of Sales at Bohem Art Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Miriam,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of your stay. I am very happy to learn that your family had a perfect time with us. Thank you also for mentioning our special services for families (Of course I will pass on your comments to our babysitter).

Our future guests will certainly appreciate your room tip.

I hope to welcome yourself and your family back to Bohem Art Hotel soon.

Kind regards,
David Bots
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a great location for most of Pest. it's only a block behind the river, and with-in walking distance of most things. As per some of the other reviews, the rooms are on the small size, but comfortable. Breakfast is very good as well, and staff are very helpful. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Fabulous location, breakfast & wifi. Hotel is a great value. Only complaint is smallish room but we were hardly there. We walked everywhere from the hotel. Take advantage of the wonderful self-squeeze fresh orange juice. Delicious.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Escazu, Costa Rica
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We enjoyed our 4 days here. The location of the hotel is perfect, the service professional. The only problem is the room is very small and the closet space almost non-exicent. We were stepping over our suitcase to get to the bed. Ask for the larger room if you stay here

Room Tip: Ask for the larger room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Thanks to the Bohem Art Hotel I have spent a wonderfull time in Budapest. This hotel has a beautiful location, splendid breakfasts and very helpful staff. Very good design. Next time will choose tis hotel again!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family