“Great linguistic experience”

and up
1-Hour Hungarian Language Class in Budapest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Fun, interesting things to do in Budapest and ways to learn about Hungarian language & culture... Our Fungarian(R) classes are the perfect, relaxed way to begin your visit to Budapest. Whether you are interested in learning a few basic Hungarian words and phrases to help you learn more about the Hungarian culture or interested in one-on-one Hungarian tuition we would be delighted to help you. We are sure our Budapest city tours are the best on offer and that you will agree when you let one of our knowledgeable friendly guides show you the city. Our thematic tours like Communism tour, Art Nouveau Tour, The Flea Market Tour or the Public Transport Tour are among the most popular ones. Discover Budapest's hidden highlights with a knowledgeable guide as part of your own privately guided tour.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great linguistic experience”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

In a very relaxed atmosphere in a typical Hungarian bar, my friends and I were given a nice introductory lesson in Hungarian that allowed us to learn the basics, and gives some confidence with some useful phrases. The host had a great knowledge and teaching approach, and was happy to unfold many levels of detail to satisfy our linguistic curiosity. Definitely would recommend to anyone!

Dear Manuel,
We are very pleased that you found our class enjoyable as well as useful.
Miklós

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Denver, Colorado
“So much fun! What a great class!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

While visiting Budapest I decided to take a Hungarian language class with Fungarian so I could learn some useful phrases while I was there. Im so glad I decided to do so! Balazs was so kind and helpful! I walked away with a few great phrases to help me along my journey through Hungary. Because of this class i feel confident to tackle the great adventures coming my way. Thank you Fungarian!!!

Anna (USA)

Visited June 2014
Dear Ana,
Thank you for taking time to give feedback. We hope you had an adventurous holiday.
Miklós and Balázs
“Putting the FUN in Fungarian”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

So what can I say, this is the second class I have taken with Fungarian, and each time, I have a wonderful time! The classes are informative, and interactive - I enjoy learning a language through it's culture, and Fungarian offers just that. Balazs is an easy going and fun teacher, he is very knowledgeable and patient. Loved the class and would do it again and again!

Visited July 2013
Dear Nehmi,
Tanks for your feedback. We only hope there will be a third time soon.
Miklós and Balázs
North Carolina
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“They Can Do a Custom Tour, Too”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We contacted Miklos for a quick Fungarian lesson and to set up a custom tour. He was very responsive and set up a great itinerary for us. Miklos did the tour himself and we had a good time and learned a little Hungarian in the process. Great company and a great guy.

Racine, Wisconsin
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great way to spend a day in Budapest”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We started off with a one-hour language lesson from the patient, helpful Balázs Eff. Although we've been to Hungary before we are usually with English-speaking family so weren't very far along, and the insights and tips and reminders were spot-on!
Then off on an Art Nouveau tour with Miklós Molnár, who walked us all over Budapest showing us the awesome architecture. Not only did we enjoy seeing some incredible buildings and stained-glass windows, Miklós told us the stories behind their design, and got us to a couple of great, memorable eating spots which we hope to visit on our next trip. He also showed us a couple of outstanding museums which we were able to visit a few days later, well worth it. It is so worth seeing a place with someone who knows it well.

Visited April 2014
miklos_12, Owner at Fungarian, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
We are happy you liked both the lesson and the tour. Art Nouveau is more than just a style of architecture for us. These beautiful buildings remind us that Budapest "had seen better days" - the golden age of the fin de siècle. But we are proud that despite all the wars and turmoils of the 20th century the city is living her new golden age. Come again and discover more. Kind regards,
Balázs and Miklós