“Food, fun and learning!”
Review of Fungarian

US$66.00*
Art Nouveau Budapest Walking Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Fun, interesting things to do in Budapest and ways to learn about Hungarian language & culture... Our Fungarian(R) classes are the perfect, relaxed way to begin your visit to Budapest. Whether you are interested in learning a few basic Hungarian words and phrases to help you learn more about the Hungarian culture or interested in one-on-one Hungarian tuition we would be delighted to help you. We are sure our Budapest city tours are the best on offer and that you will agree when you let one of our knowledgeable friendly guides show you the city. Our thematic tours like Communism tour, Art Nouveau Tour, The Flea Market Tour or the Public Transport Tour are among the most popular ones. Discover Budapest's hidden highlights with a knowledgeable guide as part of your own privately guided tour.
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My teenage son and I took the lunch and learn 2 hr class with Fungarian in June. Emails were answered promptly and professionally. Reservation was easy to make and they were accommodating as far as date and time. Miklos ensured we got an instructor who was good with kids and made the learning fun. We met our teacher (Balasz) at a local restaurant near St Istvan's Cathedral. We were taught the basics of Hungarian pronunciation, practiced greetings and useful travel phrases. Balasz explained some cultural differences to us as well as some customs and history in a low key, fun way. We really enjoyed our class and lunch and felt more confident using Hungarian afterwards. I would recommend this class to anyone who has a bit of interest in Hungarians, their culture or their language.

Miklos M, Owner at Fungarian, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for your nice words concerning Balázs and the quality of the service. We hope you had a very good time in Budapest. Miklós

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Travellers (as opposed to tourists) are curious about the places they pass through, with respect for the many aspects of their hosts' culture: history, language, cuisine, music, the arts, the heart of the people.
For a good introduction, visit Fungarian early in your trip. My sister and I had a private lesson with Miklos in a café, not a stuffy classroom, outside on the terrace watching people go by. He will also come to your hotel.
When my sister said she was speaking at a convention, he practiced "good evening ladies and gentlemen, I am happy to be here" in Hungarian with her . She used it and got rousing applause from the Hungarians hosting the event!

He and the rest of his staff are well informed on a wide variety of topics: history, what are the best sights, thermal baths, excursions, tourist traps, architecture, music, they will tailor the program to fit your interests. I enjoy listening to the wonderful Beata Palya, recommended by Miklos. I learned the word cica , pronounced tsitsa, which means cat
Koszonom Miklos. Mary Doran Kathleen Martin

Dear Mary,
So good to hear about your sister's success. Hungarians, being aware of the unlikeness of our mother tongue, are flattered if someoone takes the effort to learn a few words.
Your distinction between travellers and tourists is just great. Fungarian is definitely for travellers.
I hope we can welcome the two of you again in the future.
Miklós

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

In a very relaxed atmosphere in a typical Hungarian bar, my friends and I were given a nice introductory lesson in Hungarian that allowed us to learn the basics, and gives some confidence with some useful phrases. The host had a great knowledge and teaching approach, and was happy to unfold many levels of detail to satisfy our linguistic curiosity. Definitely would recommend to anyone!

Dear Manuel,
We are very pleased that you found our class enjoyable as well as useful.
Miklós

Reviewed 21 June 2014

While visiting Budapest I decided to take a Hungarian language class with Fungarian so I could learn some useful phrases while I was there. Im so glad I decided to do so! Balazs was so kind and helpful! I walked away with a few great phrases to help me along my journey through Hungary. Because of this class i feel confident to tackle the great adventures coming my way. Thank you Fungarian!!!

Anna (USA)

Dear Ana,
Thank you for taking time to give feedback. We hope you had an adventurous holiday.
Miklós and Balázs

Reviewed 10 June 2014

So what can I say, this is the second class I have taken with Fungarian, and each time, I have a wonderful time! The classes are informative, and interactive - I enjoy learning a language through it's culture, and Fungarian offers just that. Balazs is an easy going and fun teacher, he is very knowledgeable and patient. Loved the class and would do it again and again!

Dear Nehmi,
Tanks for your feedback. We only hope there will be a third time soon.
Miklós and Balázs