I'm on the fence as to whether or not to give this hotel a 4 or 5. Because it met/exceeded all of my expectations on the things that matter to me the most, I've given it a 5. Here are the main points:
- Rooms- large and very well designed. I found the room absolutely lovely from the tiles in the bathroom, the hardwood floors, the well appointed lighting and the large size of it. Also, they were well maintained... very clean.
- Staff- the staff were absolutely lovely and helpful
- Extras- great coffee for the in-room machines, free of charge, Wifi was also free of charge
- I found that while the hotel was in close proximity to the tourist attractions, I didn't find much happening as far as night life in and around the hotel. However, this really depends on what you're looking for in a trip and I won't lower the rating because it really offered everything a hotel should.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Budapest leaves a mark on all of its guests. No matter whether you’re visiting for work, looking to explore the capital or enjoying a romantic getaway, this 5-star hotel in the centre of Budapest always leaves guests speechless. And there are many reasons why. From the gourmet cuisine of its restaurants to the details in its decor from designer Philippe Starck. Would you like to find out more? Tailor-made relaxation. Butterfly shaped or with neck support? Organic or microfiber? You can choose which pillow you’d like to sleep on, as well as the fragrance that you wish to wake up to in the morning. And all this in the enticing atmosphere of a luxury suite or room with city views. Sure to please even the most discerning tastes. If you are only used to the best, prepare yourself for tasting the menus at this luxury hotel. Here in our restaurant, alongside haute cuisine you will find the essence of Mediterranean cooking and the most traditional Hungarian dishes. In the heart of Budapest. Staying in one of the best hotels in the centre of Budapest means having everything to hand. From the city’s shopping area to its most famous monuments. Liberty Square is directly below the hotel, and you can walk to both the parliament and the Danube river! A haven of peace in the city. In the city centre yet in complete tranquillity. Enjoy the silence of our sound-proofed rooms or the calming ambiance of the Lobby Bar, where you can relax and savour a whisky, gin and tonic or any other drink you like. A luxury stay. Don’t worry about a thing! Need to get to the airport? Easy, we have a luxury transfer. Want to use a fitness centre? There’s one in the hotel. For any other exclusive service, all you have to do is make use of our doorman service. Relax, relax, relax... Close your eyes. Free yourself from stress with an essential oils massage, relieve your mind in the sauna or enjoy the soothing bubbles of the whirlpool bath. Here, all you have to think about is discovering the blissful effects of this 5-star hotel’s own Spa Sensations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Iberostar, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.