“Great change for the palate”

Edeni Vegan Etterem
Ranked #772 of 3,346 Restaurants in Budapest
Neighbourhood: District I / Buda
Description: Nice vegetarian restaurant
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I liked the atmosphere of the whole restaurant with shady terrace on a quiet street crossing. Inside you'll find a reasonably priced set of refreshing vegetarian juices, pastries and many different types of veggie food that you can order also in half portions on your plate. Some of the food was just a bit over salted for my taste but I think many vegetarian / non vegetarian would enjoy this experience.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

After a few days in meat-centric Hungarian restaurants, I was ready for vegan food. I envisioned crisp stir fries, thick vegetable soups, wonderful salads. Perhaps they exist but not here. The broccoli was limp and overcooked. My soup was mainly pureed pasta. Most of the dishes were starches - potatoes, pasta, wheats. It was just as heavy as the meat dishes at the other restaurants. The salad choices were sparse - just a couple of different types of lettuce.

Vegans would do better to go to an Italian place, get the salads, bean soups and oil-based vegetarian pasta dishes.

1  Thank dp_2000NewYork
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Great find for vegetarians wanting to try the local cuisine. Fresh juices and smoothies were available and delicious. We sat outside and There was live music being played across the road so the atmosphere around 7pm was just perfect! Keep up the great effort.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

As vegetarians who were visiting Budapest for 4 days, we were glad to be able to find several eateries in various parts of the city. They offer some tasty options, would've liked more vegetable options (aside from the omnipresent potato and beet). Though I'm not crazy about the buffet-style, I can't help but wonder how long the food has been sitting out... that said, we enjoyed our meal. The prices were a bit steep and random (I have no idea how much I was charged for the 3 beets I asked for) but still doable.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Vegan good variety. Buffet style. Indoor/out door seating. Reasonably priced. Large portions. Can easily share. Walking distance (20 min. do down hill) from hotels on Castle Hill, but lots of stairs.