“Tour”
Review of Butterfly Home B&B

Butterfly Home B&B
Ranked #6 of 191 Budapest B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

This b&b is near the center of Budapest. Close to Butterfly there are metro and tram. We have a big room and spotless. Andreas, the owner, help us for tour and reservations of the restaurants. Perfect!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 January 2014

After reading highly positive reviews of the Bellevue B&B and Butterfly Home B&B on Trip Advisor, I initiated email contacts with András about options during an impending trip to Hungary in October, 2013. My plans changed unexpectedly and he was extremely accommodating in finding ways to adjust to the circumstances.

The Bellevue was full, so a booking was eventually made at the Butterfly Home. Upon arrival I was extremely pleased with the accommodations, the excellent breakfast options, András making arrangements for my getting main floor tickets for a performance at the beautiful Hungary State Opera House, and the extraordinary friendliness of his family and staff.

The Butterfly House is just three blocks from Kalvin metro and tram. . . . and an easy 10 minute walk to the Liberty Bridge (Green Bridge) and the Danube. The delightful Magyar Restaurant is just two minutes away.

I will be returning to Budapest in October at the end of a 14 day river cruise from Amsterdam and can hardly wait to return to see these fine people again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank StevenL-Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Spent two nights here with my wife early January. Loved everything about it: the cute building, amazing rooms, and the possibility of a late breakfast (at 11 am!). Timea and Andras are the perfect innkeepers: making you feel like a friend rather than a guest. They are actually interested in you as a person. The reviews don’t lie. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We rushly booked our stay in Budapest and trusted Tripadvisor for this. It currently holds the second position among all B&B in Budapest. The price given via Booking.com was higher than the one published on Butterfly's website so we approached the Butterfly directly and got a even better price since we stayed for five nights.
Andras, was very helpful from the first moment. The details he gave us via an email in order to reach the hotel during our arrival were magnificent.
The B&B is at a very central location, next to Kalvin Ter metro station (blue line) and next to tram station (lines 47, 49) and very close to the Central Market. Furthermore, close to the B&B and on Muzeum krt (road) some delicate old book stores exist where you can find very interested artifacts, books and maps.
We liked the Butterfly Home but we were not thrilled about it. We found its location very convenient. We loved the spacious and clean room; one of the most spacious I have ever stayed. We liked the brand new bathroom. We liked the breakfast which even though it was not rich, in the end it seemed that there was nothing missing from it.
Andras was friendly and helpful. He gave us directions for the city, towels for the hot baths and he helped us find tickets for the Opera House.
During our first days the wifi connection was not that strong while I was using my phone on the bed but once I was approaching the room door the connection was excellent. After some fixing works the connection was better but again not very fast.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mixalios
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I've traveled quite a bit to other countries and always stay in smaller family-owned lodgings. My experience at Butterfly Home was the best I've ever had.

The owner, Andras, sent not only clear directions via metro from the train station, but also a message written in Hungarian to give to a freelance cab driver should I want to negotiate with one and take a cab instead. (My train was arriving late enough in the evening that no company cabs would be available. I wouldn't have known that if it weren't for Andras' e-mail.)

I took the metro, which was very easy, and was greeted so warmly upon arrival. Andras annotated a map for me with dining recommendations that all turned out to be superb. He was very helpful throughout the six-night stay with shaping the day's itinerary, pointing out things I would've potentially missed, and general practicalities of the city. Moreover, he was genuinely interested in his guests: not just their interests and what they might like to see and do in Budapest, but as people. Conversations at breakfast were very engaging and I felt very taken care of as a newcomer to the city. His wife and small daughter were very generous with their kindness as well.

The rooms were much larger than I had anticipated and were spotless. The location was not only a convenient base of operations, but in a cool student neighborhood for walking around, with a terrific street for dining and cocktails barely a five-minute walk away.

It was particularly nice to stay there over the holiday season. My boyfriend was unexpectedly able to meet me for New Year's Eve, and we returned to our room to find a surprise bottle of champagne to help us celebrate. It was another generous touch.

I look forward to a time when I can return to Budapest and Butterfly Home. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights in January. I could go on and on about the beautiful interior, the cozy breakfast room but would not do it justice with words. The location is not just central but peaceful as its situated on a solely pedestrian street in city center. The hosts are amazing: Timea runs a very tight ship (quickly made cappuccino or latte, clean rooms, etc.) while Andrash is a very personable host who will cater you plenty of advice and info about not just the sights and sounds but how to economize your time. Simply great establishment!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this B&B for a few nights. It was very easy to reach it from the airport using the public transport. It is located very centally, right next to trams, train and metro stations. We could use either of them or even walk to the centre. The room in the B&B was very big and very clean. The decoration was not to our taste though, but this is subjective. Breakfast was good with plenty of choices. The staff was very helpful to give us advice whenever we asked. Nevertheless, they were not there in the evenings, unless there was an arrival of new clients. We didn't consider this as a problem. We thought the price we paid/night was a bit high, though. The night rate was 80-something euros, which seemed a bit pricey. May be it was due to the location.

• Stayed: January 2014