K9 Residence
US$85
US$140
US$119
  • Pool
La Prima Fashion Hotel(Budapest)
US$116
US$104
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationsupermarket oppositemanned hoursapartment hotelan iron and ironing boardpots and pansbrilliant place to stayroad noisebudapest eyeapartments are cleanmain roadextra towelsdeak ferenc terluggage roomspoke good englishminute walkwithin walking distance
Reviewed 1 December 2011

The room was very nice and we had a great bathroom. I was on the fifth floor and the street noise did not interupt my sleep. The location was excellent! Just down the street from the main subway station where all the lines connect and right on the edge of the Jewish Quarter where there are alot of great bars. The only downside was the fact that they do not have daily room service. They will come to your room if you ask, but it's not automatic. I guess you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2011

35euro per night, brand new, large space 20 sq mtrs, nice modern deco, big size bathroom functioning well, small kitchen area on the side of the main room with bare minimums.
Very very convenient because just near the Metro Deak Ferenc which is at the junction of two lines, plus you can walk to the Danube in 10 minutes, 5 minutes to Opera.
Only drawback is the noise - the building is not soundproof and the walls are thin, the noise from the main street is going all night. We solved it with a good pair of air plugs, so were perfectly happy because everything else is very good.

Room Tip: All rooms face the street, I guess try for a high floor for maybe less noise.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I could not have chosen better. Not only is the hotel centrally located, clean, great price and rooms modern but Laura at reception was an excellent guide and gave us several restaurant suggestions. Other than an faulty air conditioner and slight leak from the shower the room was great but it was worth the small issues staying in such a comfortable, friendly, well priced location. We even got an email before the trip advising on how to get to the hotel which was very helpful and saved money/time.

Room Tip: Maybe get a room away from the main street if one exists.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I was very happy with my last minute booking at K9 - jokes about the name aside (is it just me?) this is a excellently located apartment and was a great base to explore the city.
The air con was very effective, the apartment was very clean and the fully equipped kitchen had all the requirements to make meals pre or post sight seeing.
Taxis were only a few pounds to anywhere in the city and more often than not, I walked everywhere.
My only gripe was the traffic noise from the street but this is central Budapest people! (i.e a major city!) and I always travel with ear plugs so not a real disturbance. My advice to other travellers is to also carry these weightless, cheap and handy pieces of foam.
Laura (head of reception) was so friendly and helpful- she took great lengths to advise me on bath houses, reserving taxi's, finding locations and generally helping me on my way.
I would definitely stay again - and wish I could have extended my stay for longer if the place was not booked up. Instead I had to move onto another hotel which was a real disappointment- Ill do another review of that place later. Much appreciated, thanks Laura and the K9 Residence team.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Attached to Karma Boutiques - see opinion there - pleasant surprise of what was offered for a budget price - close close to everything - no need for taxis

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family