“Wonderful Evening Here”

Cuisines: Fusion, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed 29 May 2014

DiVino is a great place to enjoy a glass (or bottle) on the patio on a warm night. Great selection and a fun place to be.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Showing up with friends out of the blue, we got a table just before the place got over run with well dressed, good looking hip couples and groups who were obviously perturbed that they did not have a table, it seemed like a a local bar since there were hardly any tourists, we consider ourselves local anyway!
BE AWARE!
There are 100's of wine to choose from but the always push for the most expensive wines, I heard this before and thought it was a bit overblown but I had to tell the woman straight out "I do not want the Syrah, I want the Shiraz!" The Syrah was 3200HUF a glass and the Shiraz was 1000HUF a glass, in the end it was about principle, she gave me a taste of the Syrah, pushing it on me, asked for the Shiraz, she said it was out, then another Shiraz, she said that was also out, then another Shiraz and finally, with a disgusted look on her face, gave in and gave us the Shiraz.
I find it strange that they charge 500HUF for each glass as a deposit for the wine glass but that is acceptable...I saw this by the way becasue they did not tell us so beware to bring your glasses back to the bar (the whole thing is self service)
We had a good time besides having to force our hand to get the wine we wanted, worth visiting and by the way; the wine was excellent as well was the food we ordered!

1  Thank stevenekuhn
Reviewed 13 May 2014

If you're a gourmand and learned to appreciate good wine then visit this place when in Budapest! Knowledgable waiters, happy to help you speaking foreign languages. You have a view at the Basilika if you look outside and the interiors are also cool.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Having visited 3 wine bars during a weekend in Budapest, this one is shockingly bad. We sat at our table for over 15 minutes, not realizing that ordering anything is self-service. You had to go up to the bar to order your drinks and carry your own glasses back to your table. They also did not tell you that they were taking a deposit for your glasses. There is no indication on the menu. I was wondering why a glass of wine would have cost so much, and have to ask for a break down in the bill. They also required you to pay up immediately. All the other restaurants and bars we were at only gave us our bills After our drinks/meals, and when we requested for it. This one demanded up front payment. Who does this in these civilized days? The lady who worked at the counter is very haughty, there is a complete lack of customer service. When we asked her about the local wines, she said read it for yourself, it's on the walls.

1  Thank livrpool
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This wine bar specializes in the new world of Hungarian winemaking. The staff are very helpful in explaining each wine's characteristics and happy to offer you a taste of one or two before you make a selection. The wines I tasted were made from grape varieties unique to Hungary and I concentrated on the whites because spring was in the air, the weather was warm and the sky was blue. The whites tend to be floral and fragrant. I particularly liked an off-dry Tokaj recommended by one of the staff made by Kardos from the Furmint grape.

DiVino is modern room with a little terrace that is diagonally across from Saint Stephen's Cathedral and square. They ask for a 500 forint deposit on your glass so you can wander off and enjoy the street scene.

There are bar snacks available but I didn't try them.

I had a really pleasant few hours there. ONly quibble is I think the wine could have been better chilled.