“great hostel”
Review of Retox Party Hostel

Retox Party Hostel
Reviewed 2 April 2012

stayed here one night while in budapest. was a very nice hostel, spacious with plenty of clean showers/toilets. friendly staff. marked 4/5 on sleep quality purely cos it does get quiet noisy... but its what you'd expect from something called 'retox party hostel' imo. definitely worth checking out while in budapest. bar crawls every night are great.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank abbbb

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Retox was the perfect place to be... Close to all the main attractions. The staff was so friendly and helpful- making my time in Budapest amazing

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 29 March 2012

When I first heard that I was coming to a party hostel in Budapest, I was a little nervous...but Retox provided me with THE BEST stay I could have asked for in Budapest. The staff is amazing, and took us under their wing immediately! Not only did they show us the must-dos around the city (and a great Free Walking Tour), but they showed us the BEST time!! We were able to have a great sail on the Danube with them seeing the sights as night, as well as a bar crawl across Budapest to all the best and trendiest bars. The hostel itself is great! Not too loud, and very clean! Budapest would not have been as amazing without the Retox Party Hostel Crew!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I came to Budapest not knowing exactly what to expect and having traveled around Western Europe a bit in 2010 I found the taxi ride from the airport there a bit sketchy. However entered Retox I instantly felt at ease and invited. The staff know the area like the back of there hand and can basically plan out day trips for you on the fly, they'll take you on pub crawls and really show you the area. It was the best hostel I've ever stayed at, while its a party hostel I never had a complaint about anything, I went during low season but I still recon that its pretty calm during high season. I really can't recommend this place enough, heres a youtube video I made during my stay there http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28B8OM7M3cs&feature=g-upl&context=G29aaf8dAUAAAAAAACAA , all the places I went including pubs,clubs, tourist attractions, markets etc. were recommended by the staff and just perfectly worked out.

Room Tip: If you have a group of 6 or less you might be able to get your own bunk room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We arrived in Budapest after a really long journey, and our friend had told us about this hostel, so we headed straight there...such a good decision!!!!

Really cool place, chilled out and great staff/people staying there. By far the best hostel I have stayed in in Europe!!!!

Highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Was meant to stay a night, ended up staying six weeks and would have stayed much longer if I could have. The combination of amazing, helpful staff, fun (semi) organised nights and fantastic location made my time at Retox unbeatable. I absolutely recommend you book a night (or 20), although be careful because you will never want to leave!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Similar to other people here, i booked in for 4 days and was still there 4 weeks later! The place is a drunken debaucherous black hole. The staff are awesome, know all the cool things to do during the day and take you out every night to some of the coolest bars and parties I've ever been to. Went there solo but the whole atmosphere of the hostel is geared towards having fun and meeting new people. Go there! You won't regret it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo