“It's ok” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #240 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Zagreb, Croatia
“It's ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here for one night last weekend. Its close to Arena, so if you are going to a concert or happening there its really a place to stay because its really very close by. If you are in Budapest for sightseeing I guess it would also be good because Metro and bus station is also really close by.

Room was good and clean. I read here everybody is suggesting taking the yard room, but when we got there hotel was booked out so we got a street side room. And it's not bad. Ok, yes, there is noise, but if you are living in a city its nothing you are not used to. But if we were staying for more then a day then I might think differently.

I liked breakfast, lots of food choices and it was tasty. But I think amount of guests had the kitchen and staff a bit confused because empty trays and bowls were standing and standing there. Plates and glasses weren't refilled as fast I would suppose they should and when plates did come they were wet. Table we were sitting at wasn't cleaned up all the time we were there.

The mini fridge wasn't working, as we were continuing our trip next day that really annoyed me cause I wanted to cool off some beverages.

And last, at around 1 am some alarm went off. I have no idea what it was and where it originated from but it was really loud and really disturbing. It was definitely inside from the hotel and not from the street. It turned off just to be sounded on again after few minutes. It was again turned off and we went back to sleep.
I have to say I expected they will mention this somehow when we were checking out, they didn't and I didn't want to bother with it...

Staff at reception was nice enough, spoke English and were willing to help us find our way (except we were told Zoo is 4 stops away and it isn't, but I guess confusion came from fact we said we are going to go with trolleybus and she thought we were going with metro. I guess that was it cause deliberately sending us on wrong way doesn't sound like something staff working at reception would do :D).

Our car was left it the garage, that's a good thing they have it because finding parking in Budapest seems like a nightmare. But finding the garage was hard cause there was some van parked in front of the entrance and we didn't see it. So we had to stop just somewhere to go to the check in and ask where it was. Entrance to the garage is pretty steep and bottom of the car got scraped and it wasn't over loaded, just us two in. Garage in itself is pretty basic, but it gets the job done.

All in all, as title says, it was ok.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Doria45
Szilvi Z, E-Commerce Manager at Green Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear "Doria45",

First and foremost let ma thank you for having chosen our Green Hotel for your small trip to Budapest.

I was happy to read that all in all you were pleased with the hotel, despite of the small inconveniences.
I was really delighted to hear that you had liked the breakfast. Regarding the negatives, our restaurant is rented by an external man, therefore unfortunately we could not control their work. We could just forward the complaints to the restaurant's leadership, and please be sured that we have done it.

Really sorry for the fridge, but I would like to kindly request you, next time say your problems to our always helpful reception staff, and they will do their best to help you.

You mentioned that there was a big noise in the hotel at night. I think it might be the smoke detector. Unfortunately there are some guest sometimes, who do not keep the hotel's "non smoking" descriptions, therefore this noise could be. Our colleague did not mention it, maybe because she thought that you had knew it, or you had not heard it. Really sorry for this.

On behalf of my colleague, please accept our sincere apologize for you were sent to the wrong direction. I do not know exactly what was the confusion, but I am sure that our colleague wanted to help you.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again at our hotel in the not so distant future.

Kind regards,
Szilvia Zámori

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Moscow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed at Green Hotel in the end of Dec 2013 for 1 night.

Pros:
- Location is good, just 400 meters from Stadionek metro station (M2 line). Take the first car of the train, directon Ors vezer tere, when you leave the station, go straight, cross the crossroad and in 300 meters on the same side of the street you will see the green sign "Hotel". This is Green Hotel. As well, you are close to everything - 1 metro stop to Keleti pu (Eastern Railway Station), 4 metro stops to Deak Ferenc ter (absolute center of Budapest), 400 meters from Budapest Puskas Ferenc Stadium, Szescenyi Bath is close too, etc. Also there are some food and drink stores and restaurants nearby.
- Price. I paid only 30 Eu for a single stay in DBL room, breakfast was excluded.
- The room was good, quiet, non-smoking, about 24 sq. meters, clean, with small TV (I didn't watch), armchair, table, normal bath/toilet.
- I asked the room facing to the yard because it can be noisy, if you have windows facing to Kerepesi Street (wide and noisy street!!). I got the room # 612.
- Free fast wi-fi.
- The young girl behind the reception desk (her name is Ildiko) is a miracle. She's very beautifil, kind, effective, ready to help you and give you great advices. You will see she loves her job so much and unbelievably kind and nice - she will give you all the necessary maps, etc. Also she is very interested in Russian culture and partly understands and speaks Russian ).

Cons:
- Actually this is not a 4 star hotel, but good 3 stars.
- Furniture in the room was rather old.
- Towels in the bathroom and sheets in the bed were rather old but clean.

Recommendation:
I would stay there again.

Advice:
In 500 meters from the hotel just near the Stadium there's a good cafe-restaurant Ypsilon (Stefánia út 1). They offer good menu including Hungarian specialities. The total bill is not expensive. In the evening they have karaoke parties, not so bad )

Room Tip: Ask the room facing to the yard, not to the street.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sergeika30
Szilvi Z, Reservation Manager at Green Hotel, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear "sergeika30",

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for your valuable time taken to leave such a positive comment on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at Green Hotel Budapest.
Your detailed description about the room, price, and location are really appreciated. I could not be enough grateful for your kind words regarding our always helpful receptionist, Ildikó. It made me sincerely glad to see that her assistance could help you during your stay at our Green Hotel.

I would like to kindly inform you that we take your useful review really serious, and the negative aspects were forwarded to our new leadership. Thank you for these again, because we could optimize our services, if we know about the problems.

I would like to thank you again for having chosen us, and on behalf of the entire staff of Green Hotel I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again here in the not so distant future.

Kind regars,
Szilvia Zámori
Szeged, Hungary
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I happened to spend 3 nights at this hotel with my colleagues as we attended to an expo at SYMA eventhall. We only booked this hotel because its very close to the eventhall and we already had bad experiences with other hotels in the neighborhood.
My biggest problem with the staff was that they were absolutely non-qualified. Their answers given to our questions and the over-all attitude they had was just not professional. I asked once if they had a bandaid at the reception and the baffling answer was that they had an emergency kit but it's empty long time ago. They only said hi if we greeted them. We had to pay at the arrival (all 3 nights) and funny enough at the departure the lady (the same lady who made the invoice for us) asked us if all 3 nights were paid or only 1??? C'mon... too bad I used to be a front office manager in a 4 star hotel and I know exactly how things should work on a front desk...
Only the restaurant manager knew how to do his job. After a very good dinner on the first evening, the next day we got a horrible dinner (half size, overcooked, nasty tasting food) and after I mentioned our problem to the server he only said that they had a trainee at the kitchen that's why the food is different. Thats noooooo excuse. The restaurant manager handled the problem extremely well though, we got very nice breakfast and another dinner on our 3rd evening (we got lucky with the surprise breakfast because our first buffet-breakfast was very poor. Anyways the resto manager did his best to make it up to us, he was the only one who was able to handle the situation a professional way.
As for the room... I don't want to get into details, it's clearly not 4star, but it's not terrible. I could have used more light in the bathroom as it was very dark. The minibar fridge makes no sense because first of all there was only 2 cokes in there and it was so noisy during the night I felt like I was in a huge plane hangar. The furniture wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't made of poor quality. Of course, it is on Kerepesi út so we knew it was going to be very noisy thank God we were tired enough to sleep well.
We were surprised at the arrival though because we booked 3 standard single rooms and it seemed like we got superior rooms. This was the only reason we didn't start complaining about the people making crazy sex in the room next door (maybe it wasn't even one room but more....).
Too bad Green Hotel could be a very nice hotel with professional staff and professional management but unfortunately this is not the case. Good for 1 night but not for more.
Oh and my rating is average (not poor) because of the restaurant manager's attitude. Otherwise it would be poor.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank F_Katt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

During our trip to Budapest, we stayed at this hotel for one night in August

- dark, unappealing and dirty carpet
- hot and stuffy room,
- tiny TV (as big as a laptop screen)
- fridge turned off and without any snacks or drinks. When we turned it on to cool our own water bottles, the temperature inside the fridge was almost the same as when it was turned off
- no hairdryer in room
- no "do not disturb" sign to hang up on door
- towels were clean but old and worn. Did not properly soak up water

We would not recommend anyone to have breakfast at the Green Hotel because of the following points:
- dead fly floating around in the juice dispenser
- no orange juice, only sweetened and watered-down squash
- no choice of fruit
- bread was stale
- no butter
- no pastries (croissants etc.)
- biscuits and cakes were presented on plates without any serving fork or spoon
- no coffee and tea cups as well as juice glasses
- no drinkable coffee or breakfast tea
- a general feeling of unhygienic food preparation

Our stay here was unpleasant and disappointing and we will not be back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Krzysztof R

Travellers are raving about these Budapest hotels

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

To much noise, everywhere, the street smelly a sewer, the rooms are really old, my controller from my big tv 14" was broke,a lot of insects, but the hotel are in a very good localization, good breakfast, very friendly staffs, and very good price...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Luciano M
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Nice hotel with very good location (500 m to metro station) cheap Underground parking, nice big rooms with clima and free wifi. Breakfast not so good, but in the neighborhood there are lots of food places.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JacekBrodowski
Zurich, Switzerland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

During our trip to Budapest, we stayed at this hotel for one night in July because it was offered at a fair price (30 euros for 2 people) and was an official 4 star hotel.

The hotel is located on an extremely busy and noisy main road, opposite a police station. The noise of the road is a continuous drone. Apart from that, the neighborhood does not feel so safe. The roads and sidewalks are dirty and apart from fast food and run-down bars, there isn't a lot else in the area.

Upon arrival, we were told that there was a "city tax" to pay which had not been mentioned on the website. This was also not asked for at the other 4* hotel we stayed at. We were then given the key to our room on the 4th floor. Here is a short review of the main points which we were unhappy with regarding our room:

- dark brown, unappealing and dirty carpet
- hot and stuffy room, turned on the air conditioning which gave off an extremely unpleasant smell, causing us to leave it turned off during the night and open the window which hardly let any air through, only noise
- tiny TV (as big as a laptop screen)
- no complimentary shower gel, shampoo, body lotion. Only a soap dispenser with not very nice smelling soap
- no hairdryer in room
- no "do not disturb" sign to hang up on door
- towels were clean but old and worn. Did not properly soak up water
- bug in bed (beetle-like)
- in the morning lots of ants crawling on the carpet and on the bed

- dead fly floating around in the juice dispenser
- no orange juice, only sweetened and watered-down squash
- no choice of fruit
- bread was stale
- no butter
- no pastries (croissants etc.)
- biscuits and cakes were presented on plates without any serving fork or spoon
- no drinkable coffee or breakfast tea
- a general feeling of unhygienic food preparation

Our stay here was unpleasant and disappointing and we will not be back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple