“Mini break in Hungary”

Ranked #167 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
London, United Kingdom
“Mini break in Hungary”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel is actually better than I expected as the price reflects the distance from the city centre but not the quality of the accommodation, I would have given it 5 stars if the hall lights had kept on long enough to enable me to put my card into the door lock to open my room door without having to walk a few paces down to reset the light sensor as at night the natural light is non existent.
I found the breakfast which is included in the price is more than ample and I was quite impressed with the choice, the room was very clean. I was informed by the front desk when I arrived that wifi was available only in the lobby but I had full internet in my room on the second floor.
Getting to the city centre didn't prove any problem as a previous reviewer noted, the 23 bus which you catch just down the road past the Shell filling station takes you to Boraros Ter which is where the bus terminates so no problem there this takes 9mins, from here you catch the number 2 tram going the same direction,,,north, 5 to 6 mins you are in the city centre.

When you first arrive at the hotel it appears a bit daunting because it seems to be in a sort of industrial looking area but don't let that put you off, in 15 mins you are bang in the centre and the hotel is on a main road not in an off road.
The staff were very helpful and spoke English.
I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor at the front of the hotel, wifi is excellent but if you need the window...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Rijeka, Croatia
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Location is out of the city center, but that's not something you should bother about. If you take bus line 23 than tram line 2, you are in heart of Budapest in about 15-20 minutes (you need to get off the tram in Vigado ter station).
Rooms are nice and clean. Our room was on second floor in the back of hotel so we didn't hear any noise from the street and had very good wi-fi signal (in fact, I am writing this in the hotel room, we are leaving tomorrow morning).
Breakfast is ok,nothing special. Maybe it should be better in 3* hotel, but we didn't mind it.
Staff is also ok, they speak good english, and they are quite helpfull.
Our advice is to notice the mini cards in hotel, you can get some discounts in shops, restaurants and bars in town.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Novi Sad, Serbia
Reviewed 3 December 2013

At least once a year I came to Budapest. It`s my second love (after my birth town :-) ) and always I take the other accomodation, because I want to search different impressions. It`s very worth of money. The bus station just in front of the hotel, not so far away from the center, very clean, tastefull food, it`s actually quiet even my room was at the street side. Everything is very good.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We've been to this hotel last weekend and stayed one night in a room for three persons. If you only pay 19 euros per day, you can't have high expectations. We were satisfied with the rooms, they were clean and the furnishings were okay. The hotel is quite far away from the centre, but there's a bus station right in front of the hotel and the tram station is also reachable. I really have to underline that the personnel was very kind and helpful (I had to go to the reception several times because of some organisatory problems in our group and they never got annoyed). The breakfast could have been better, but it was okay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Rybnik, Poland
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Location is little bit far away from centrum, but for the price we can't expect perfect location. Rooms are Ok, but was very hard to get WIFI connection. I was on the fourth floor, so maybe that was the reason. Ladies at the reception were very helpful. I did not like the breakfast, no selection what so ever. Same unhealthy stuf everyday.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Pecs, Hungary
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Low cost hotel but they do the best, novel furniture and bathroom, clean, helpful staff, but far-far away from the downtown. You can access this hotel with car, taxi or bike but do not walk, it will be a long trip to walk to the hotel. There is a free wifi but no minibar.

It is perfect to stay here with autobus (large group) or with car.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Brno, Czech Republic
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Lets start with rooms... I am not too demanding so i liked the room excepting i had no WIFI. Still you can get internet access at the reception. I was lucky to get a room on the back part of the hotel so it was not noisy. Food was delicious. After 8 p.m. you can get a drink only at the reception. That was not really comfortable. Is a bit far from the center but it takes some 25 min to get there... if you are not a hurried tourist that should not bother you too much :)

Room Tip: rooms on the back side are not noisy
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends