“King Me”

Chess Restaurant
Ranked #116 of 3,080 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Cuisines: European, Eastern European, Central European, Hungarian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Description: Italian –French-Hungarian Bistro cuisineTradition & Evolution Our Executive Chef, Levente Kovacs thinks this way about our cuisine:“The youthful and modern bistro cuisine is my world, it can renew day by day, it combines the gastronomic ‘lifestyle’ of different places in the world, even on one plate, in a way that, I don't use hundreds of spices with each other, but I’m trying to create exciting contrasts. I do a kind of kitchen minimal-design because simple can be great also. It causes difficulties sometimes for me to not to put all my ideas into one dish. I’m trying to use the raw materials as they were given to me by nature itself, changing only as much as I need. And then we get to a point, where simple is not so simple anymore. Ease and great tasting harmony in life, in the kitchen and on the plate.Simple is hard. Enjoy!”What else can we say? The Chess Restaurant is an intimate place in black and white, absolutely a place to get together frequently, where You can try new dishes day by day with it’s always renewing kitchen creativity, served simply and clearly.The Chess Restaurant opened, it’s Your move now!
Madison, New Jersey
“King Me”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Just for context, my wife and I are in our early 30s and are somewhat well-traveled.

Good food, good service. My wife had the fish, I had the lamb. Both cooked very well. Romantic-ish,

• Visited June 2014

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Minsk, Belarus
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had a late dinner at this restaurant on 6 July 2014. And although we were the only one left here after 22 p.m. the service was impeccable. One of the waiters spoke a bit Russian and was very helpful with the food. We felt very welcomed in this place! The main course was excellent. Lamb chops with orange-flavoured mashed potato (or something similar to it) was one of the best dishes we ever had. The place is small (there are only a few tables) and it is very quiet (my father loved that there was no music or other "noises" as he puts it). Lovely place to have a romantic evening.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Natallia S
Denver, Colorado
“A Good Place to Start”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This restaurant is attached to the Queen's Court Hotel & Residence. It has a fairly extensive menu in both English and Hungarian. Breakfast costs 12 Euro (or the equivalent in local currency) and for that they might have added some additional dishes. What they did have was tasty, however.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The food, wine , and service incredible. My favorite resturant in Budapest. It is close to the Corinthia hotel.. Worth every Fiorte. I want to go back. Try the Bull Blood wine. Wonderful.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Staff very friendly and helpful”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We just went in for drinks and the staff were very friendly and we needed directions for later that evening and they went out of their way to help us.