Gaia Hostel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsastoria metro stationgaia staffrooms are bigamazing locationwithin walking distanceroom was spaciousminute walkon arrivaljudithaldinoisecitylaundrytoiletfridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Helpful and friendly Judith, comfortable rooms and easily accessible to all parts of the city. I would definitely recommend this hostel when you are in Budapest................................................................................

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Judith was extraordinarily easy-going and helpful. The best example was on the day of our check-out. Our train didn't leave until later that evening, and since no one was checking into our room she just let us leave our bags there and pack out later. Beyond that, the room my friends and I had was incredibly cheap.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The location was great, the underground station was next to the hostel. The staff gave us a lot of information and she was very friendly. If I'm going to Budapest again I'm definitely going to stay in this hostel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yana18
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I would agree with the other reviews. The rooms were clean and spacous.The two bathrooms and toilets were fine. The kitchen was well equiped. The staff were lovely and helpfull. I would like to mention the fantastic location.The astoria underground station was a 1 minuite walk, as too were two tram lines.The main shoping street was a five minuite walk. Possibaly the best nightlife area with the most wreck pubs was a five minuite walk. The street itself had three fantastic cafes. The one opposite stayed open till six in the morning. We ended the night with a coffe, cake and very decent cognac for little more than a fiver.I would recomend this accomodation to everyone

Room Tip: All good double glazing and shutters
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone. When our bus was delayed, the lady on reception waited up for us to arrive and check in until 1am without any complaint. Our room was absolutely lovely - we booked a private double and the room itself was huge, very clean and comfortable. The bathrooms are shared but I never had to queue and they were kept very clean. The location is amazing - it's right in the very centre, within easy walking distance of all the main sites, yet it is still very quiet at night time. On top of that, it is so cheap - If I ever return to Budapest, I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple