“A home away from home”

Njoy Budapest Hostel
Ranked #142 of 672 Speciality Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Njoy is a very clean and tidy hostel in a great location near the attractions (walking distance) of Budapest with free wi-fi and locker storage. What makes it special is the way you are made to feel its your home from the minute you arrive. It's a small hostel so you enjoy breakfast around the kitchen table (in your pyjamas if you like)with other guests and get to meet people from all over. All of the staff are so lovely and helpful- I was greeted by Amanda when I arrived and she made me feel like I was home, with lots of useful advice and recommendations. I absolutely recommend this hostel, I stayed for three nights and was sad to leave.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 October 2013

My friends and I stayed in Njoy Budapest just last week (late October 2013). The place is very lovely, 'home-y' and very cosy - all of us were warmly welcomed by Kinga and she showed us around the place. During this brief tour around the hostel, my friends and I were so excited as the rooms were so well decorated - the colours just made you feel so happy and welcomed. Lockers were provided (with a deposit, which will be returned after you return the padlocks), which provided added security to store your bags. It had all the facilities we needed - stove, washing machine, cutlery, utensils etc. It felt just like home!

The hostel provides free wifi and towels, and we could use the computers available as and when we wished. As the reception was 24 hours, we could return to the hostel at any time.

We particularly enjoyed the breakfasts which were prepared for us. There was a wide variety of choices - cereals, breads/toasts, jams, tea, coffee etc. It was so lovingly prepared and well displayed that all of us looked forward to breakfast even the night before! Just think about it, all of us would gush about how we looked forward to the breakfast the next morning!

My friends and I encountered a problem when we were trying to book tickets online to Prague. However, Kinga helped us make the call to the organization providing the transport (we couldn't speak Hungarian). In the end our problem was resolved swiftly and we are very grateful for her help.

Njoy Budapest is such a wonderful place to stay in - it's very central, nearest rail station is Astoria which is one of the main train stations in Budapest. All of us missed Njoy so much that we kept talking about it even after we had long left the place and proceeded to stay in other parts in Europe. Highly recommended - you will not be disappointed! (:

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank deewobblywalrus
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My 2 friends and I stayed in Njoy mid-September and it was by far the best hostel we stayed in throughout our trip around Europe. Each member of staff was fantastic and extremely helpful. We wanted to stay an extra night but they couldn't fit us in so they immediately rang up the sister hostel (Black Sheep) and sorted it all out for us. The rooms are really nice - we stayed in the apartment which we loved! We also got to try cooking some proper Hungarian food, something we haven't done in any other hostel. They made our time in Budapest very easy and I would recommend them to anyone.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Well, we stayed for 2 nights in the njoy Hostel in an 8 bed unisex room. Interior was looking good, beds were nicely prepared, but quite hard. The staff is really nice and helpful and seems to be always interested in your stories. They arrange every night something different where you are welcome to join in. The 2 bathrooms are clean and good, but since there are so many beds, most times people lined up to use them. Breakfast is simple but okay for the price, free coffee the whole day was great.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My friend and I stayed in Njoy for three nights in early September - Budapest is a beautiful city and our time there was definitely enhanced by the people we met in Njoy and the advice the staff gave us. One night we went on an organised pub crawl, along with a group of other people from the hostel - such a fun night which I would wholeheartedly recommend. There are only two bathrooms if you're staying in the shared dorms, but I never had to queue for long. The last night we were moved to the separate apartment, which was also really nice. Everyone we spoke to at the hostel was lovely, and on our last night we were given a free traditional Hungarian dinner which was delicious.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Staying in budapest at the moment, in an apartment ad-joint to njoy, fabulous place! Fantastic wifi and cooking facilities for free! Ideal place for groups and individuals. Lovely staff, very approachable!! Literally a few steps away from the metro stop astoria! Breakfast included.... Couldn't rate it highly enough no adjustments needed! :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I only stayed to the hostel for one night, but I really enjoyed it. The hostel is really comfortable, clean and nicely furnished. I especially liked the fact that it is rather small, so you will get to know the people (travelers and staff) really quickle. As for the staff, they are really friendly, helpfull and understanding (special thanks to Adam and Kinga, who helped me so much with everything!).
Overall, if you are not looking for hostel where the people keep partying all night but you still want to be close to pretty much everything in Budapest, this should be your place!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo