See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Right in the center of the Pest-side in Budapest, the Njoy hostel is ideally situated. Accommodation was better than we ever experienced in hostels; beautiful, clean and tidy.
Best of all, the staff is very friendly and helpful. They work hard to make sure the hostel is clean and tidy and the guests are happy. They really cared about our journey exploring Budapest, we had an amazing time thanks to their help!

Room Tip: The double room is very comfortable and spacious, highly recommended.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

After previously staying in a terrible hostel in Budapest we booked 2 beds on the day or arrival and NJOY were more than happy to accommodate for us. We were shown to our room and were given an almost private mezzanine above everyone else which was very handy so no one else had to put up with our mess!! NJOY is situated in a great part of Budapest with local transport links no further than 2 minutes away. Joined by bars and restaurants again only a brief walk away. The staff were all very helpful and we were there for 2 occasions on which they cooked traditional Hungarian meals for all the guests. I would definitely recommend staying here, great value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Njoy is a very clean and tidy hostel in a great location near the attractions (walking distance) of Budapest with free wi-fi and locker storage. What makes it special is the way you are made to feel its your home from the minute you arrive. It's a small hostel so you enjoy breakfast around the kitchen table (in your pyjamas if you like)with other guests and get to meet people from all over. All of the staff are so lovely and helpful- I was greeted by Amanda when I arrived and she made me feel like I was home, with lots of useful advice and recommendations. I absolutely recommend this hostel, I stayed for three nights and was sad to leave.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My friends and I stayed in Njoy Budapest just last week (late October 2013). The place is very lovely, 'home-y' and very cosy - all of us were warmly welcomed by Kinga and she showed us around the place. During this brief tour around the hostel, my friends and I were so excited as the rooms were so well decorated - the colours just made you feel so happy and welcomed. Lockers were provided (with a deposit, which will be returned after you return the padlocks), which provided added security to store your bags. It had all the facilities we needed - stove, washing machine, cutlery, utensils etc. It felt just like home!

The hostel provides free wifi and towels, and we could use the computers available as and when we wished. As the reception was 24 hours, we could return to the hostel at any time.

We particularly enjoyed the breakfasts which were prepared for us. There was a wide variety of choices - cereals, breads/toasts, jams, tea, coffee etc. It was so lovingly prepared and well displayed that all of us looked forward to breakfast even the night before! Just think about it, all of us would gush about how we looked forward to the breakfast the next morning!

My friends and I encountered a problem when we were trying to book tickets online to Prague. However, Kinga helped us make the call to the organization providing the transport (we couldn't speak Hungarian). In the end our problem was resolved swiftly and we are very grateful for her help.

Njoy Budapest is such a wonderful place to stay in - it's very central, nearest rail station is Astoria which is one of the main train stations in Budapest. All of us missed Njoy so much that we kept talking about it even after we had long left the place and proceeded to stay in other parts in Europe. Highly recommended - you will not be disappointed! (:

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank deewobblywalrus
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My 2 friends and I stayed in Njoy mid-September and it was by far the best hostel we stayed in throughout our trip around Europe. Each member of staff was fantastic and extremely helpful. We wanted to stay an extra night but they couldn't fit us in so they immediately rang up the sister hostel (Black Sheep) and sorted it all out for us. The rooms are really nice - we stayed in the apartment which we loved! We also got to try cooking some proper Hungarian food, something we haven't done in any other hostel. They made our time in Budapest very easy and I would recommend them to anyone.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends