“Home away from home”

Njoy Budapest Hostel
Ranked #139 of 666 Speciality Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The location of this hostel is no less than perfect, add to that the warm and welcoming staff, super clean rooms and bathrooms and you have to be careful to not be tempted to stay in, instead of going out to explore the city. This is without any doubt one of the best hostels I've stayed in, ever.
We had the private room, which was huge, comfortable, had it's own tv, minibar, desk, mirror and couch.
The big kitchen allowed for cooking (with great tips from the staff), meeting the other guests and discovering the Budapest must-sees that were framed on the wall.
I won't even hesitate to stay there again on my next trip to Budapest.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Njoy Budapest Hostel

Reviewed 3 February 2014

One of the best hostels I have stayed in! Perfect location, right in the centre and close to everything. And cheap!!
Beautiful, clean, and cosy place, with brilliant staff.
They really go above and beyond to make you feel welcome, and are always ready to book sights and attractions and restaurant reservations for you.
Breakfast each morning is great, they also spoil you with a free traditional meal on a Saturday night!
Great living area with huge tv and some dvds, fab kitchen with heaps of space to cook yourself.
Lots of space in the rooms, I think I was in a 6 bed room but these were split over 2 levels. Underneath beds is lockable for your things and they are happy to look after your luggage for the day after you check out.
They are happy to arrange a shuttle to pick you up and drop you off at the airport, but is super easy to get there using public transport too!
Would not stay anywhere else in Budapest now - my next trip I will stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I have the best memories of my stay in Budapest, and keep telling people how much I love the city--but I think I just really loved this hostel! We were welcomed by the staff with an authentic Hungarian dinner, which allowed us to really get comfortable with the other guests. I love being able to integrate into the culture of the country that I'm visiting, which is why this was so important to me. The kitchen was available for guests to use, which helps when you're traveling on a budget. The staff is really friendly and are quick with suggestions. The bedrooms and facilities themselves are clean and comfortable. Free wifi is always a plus. Location was great too! Definitely, definitely recommend this hostel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Location was unbelieve, staff was really friendly, hostel was warm and welcoming and had heated bathroom floors. A good, free meal on Saturday and plenty of recommendations for things to do in the city. My stay was in an 8 bed dorm and although 1 woman snored pretty badly, I have no complaints. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

i slept there fpr one night. can.t complain about anything. like a house with its cozy kitchrn and living room. staff is really helpfull and friendly... they can arrange a shuttle to the airport. you can leave your lugagge
stored the hole day for free. what else do u need?

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Right in the center of the Pest-side in Budapest, the Njoy hostel is ideally situated. Accommodation was better than we ever experienced in hostels; beautiful, clean and tidy.
Best of all, the staff is very friendly and helpful. They work hard to make sure the hostel is clean and tidy and the guests are happy. They really cared about our journey exploring Budapest, we had an amazing time thanks to their help!

Room Tip: The double room is very comfortable and spacious, highly recommended.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

After previously staying in a terrible hostel in Budapest we booked 2 beds on the day or arrival and NJOY were more than happy to accommodate for us. We were shown to our room and were given an almost private mezzanine above everyone else which was very handy so no one else had to put up with our mess!! NJOY is situated in a great part of Budapest with local transport links no further than 2 minutes away. Joined by bars and restaurants again only a brief walk away. The staff were all very helpful and we were there for 2 occasions on which they cooked traditional Hungarian meals for all the guests. I would definitely recommend staying here, great value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013