“Super safe and modern design”
Review of Treestyle Hostel

Treestyle Hostel
Ranked #92 of 674 Speciality Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

The most innovative hostel i've stayed in. From a electronic badge to open doors and how they fit an awesome shower in less than a square meter to awesome ceiling lightnig and nice wall decoration. Kind helpful staff and good accomodation(kichen, bathroom, common room) topped it off.
Also the location wast exactly in the centre but not far at all and quite near a metro stop.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 12 April 2013

This hostel is very modern and the kitchen is really good. The location is good, near pubs and clubs, and not far from the metro. But, the bathrooms are so small that you cannot move, the light is automatic and if you are a small person this light is always turning off. The staff is not as nice as they could be. And, in our case, they made us pay the all room even thought we weren't enough and when we asked the prices they told us one, and when we payed it was another one.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ana Ester V
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Treestyle is an average hostel, It's clean enough, the rooms are comfortable and not
too small. The bathrooms are a bit of a problem because the shower is not properly
separated from the rest of the bathroom, but it's a minor inconvenience...the staff is nice
and efficient, the owner is definitively trying to make an effort to run it properly. The price is
truly reasonable, I guess you can say it's cheap. The location is extremely convenient, it's
within walking distance to a lot of interesting tourist places and it's near several subway stations.
The only issue I would like to point out is the fact that the locks on the doors are not reliable, the last night we were there, I left my iPhone (almost new) to charge while we went out for a bite to
eat -I thought it safe to leave it there since it was only for 15 minutes or so...short story, somebody stole it along with a bag (which fortunately didn't have any valuables inside. I know,
it was partly my fault -I shouldn't have left it there, but I thought I was in a safe place, I have stayed at hostels in many other cities with no incidents whatsoever...the police
was totally inept I must say, they didn't even make an enquiry for example ask the other guests, look around, etc. It's ironic that you choose to stay at a hostel in order to save...and you wind up losing a lot of money...In conclusion, if you decide to stay at this hostel (or probably any other hostel, for that matter) DON'T leave any valuables in the room.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Disclosure: This was my first stay at a Hostel, but I have stayed in many lodges, hotels, motels and even a cubicle at an airport once!

I visited the Treestyle Hostel in Budapest from Friday to Sunday, late in February 2013.

Positives: Located near many bars, restaurants and shops. Close to many clubs. Budapest is not a huge city, so everything is close, relatively speaking. The staff were great and spoke English and were great at answering questions and making recommendations on where to go and where to eat! I was part of a large group of international students (~40) traveling together, and we filled up the majority of the Hostel. My smaller group within the group reserved the 11 person suite, and ended up paying less than a dozen Euros per person for both nights.

Negatives: Budapest is not an easy city to navigate with it's narrow streets and poor street signage. Get a map and have your directions before you get there! The Treestyle was not easy to find. On top of that, I would avoid walking alone in the area without being part of a group as the area seems a bit sleazy.

While the 11 person suite we stayed in had a kitchen and two bathrooms with showers, one of the bathroom's showers did not work, forcing all 11 of us to take turns with 1 shower. On top of that, on Saturday morning, there was no hot water, making for a miserable start to a cold and rainy day out.

While it is probably true of most hostels, noise is always an issue, and it is not out of the ordinary for parties to go all night. Do not expect the staff to keep things quiet because noise is the norm in that environment. There is also noise from the street and all the bars nearby to deal with as well.

Overall: It really depends on who you are and what kind of trip you are expecting. If you enjoy partying and want a place you can do so after the bars close, and want a cheap and clean place to stay, then this hostel is for you. If you want a quiet place to unwind after a busy day with or without family, then look elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2013

This was a good location and close to all the sights.
Staff were fantastic and willing to help with any needs.
Good value for money.Close to walking tour and bars.

BUT !!!!!!
i FOUND LOCAL PEOPLE WILL RIP YOU OFF AT ANY OPPORTUNITY.
LOCAL SHOPS,BARS DINING OUTLETS,

Be carefull with you money and allways note what you hand over and recieve

Room Tip: Go for the rooms with onsuites 4/6 bed doorms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I stayed at Treestyle Hostel in November 2012 for 5 nights. The facilities were very new and the shower was amazing. But the staff is not very helpful. I think the main lady at the reception did not speak good English. The kitchen has all necessary appliances to cook. The bad thing about this hostel is the noise from the guests. It’s a party hostel. Guests used to stay in the common kitchen drinking, laughing and talking very loudly until after midnight. They would return from the party around 4am or 5am again laughing and talking very loudly. I complained after two nights, but the men at the reception told me something like: “Yes, they were very noisy but, you know, they were having fun. I cannot say anything to them, because they are also our guests”. In the morning, the kitchen was full of cans and dirty glasses over the tables. So if you are a party person, you will have fun there. But if you want to wake up early, I suggest you choose another place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The first strange thing about this hostel is that we booked for a place called "A Lonely Girl on the Planet," and when we got there, there was no sign, and we had to ask the people coming out if this was the right place. Turns out they have changed the name to Treestyle, which is strange but not so bad. On to the rooms! So there is no air conditioning in the room, and we were in a 6-bed dorm that was super hot, so you have to leave the window open to the noisy street. One night a car alarm went off all night, between that and the drunk people and the heat in the room, we got no sleep. And then they have this stupid design where everytime someone walks into the hallway the light comes on, and for some reason someone thought it was a great idea to have transparent windows, so the light was brightly shining through all night as well, to go with the heat and noise. So three nights of no sleep, this is also a party hostel, which is fine if its what you are looking for, but I was with my brother and in no other hostel did I feel like I was walking into a den of wolves like I did around the guys staying at this one. Also some of the ladies on the staff were really rude, there were a couple nice ones but its poor customer service to smart off someone who is paying your salary. We were travelling around Europe, stayed at ten hostels, and this was the absolute worst, avoid like the plague, unless you want rude staff, loud noise, and stifling hot rooms!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family