“Fun hotel :-)”

Ranked #36 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Lund
“Fun hotel :-)”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We spent a few nights here in June for an internal business meeting. The location of the hotel is very good and the rooms are nice. There is one thing to notice the whole hotel is somewhat "dusk" and all in the color red :-) this give it a very cool atmosphere but also makes it a little bit hard to see small signs (like in the elevator) and find your way around.

The room I had was excellent in all aspects except for lightning :-). Bed was extremely comfortable and bathroom big. Everything in the hotel was spotless and clean (I believe I got an upgrade to a superior or deluxe type of room)

We tried out the restaurant which also turned out to be good and modern (on the Vatci Utca side).

I would recommend this hotel especially to couples who like boutique style hotels. This is absolutely a place I would consider staying at with a girlfriend.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Henric I
EnikoBak, Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear Henric,
Thank you very much for taking your time to post a review about your Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest experience! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with our services. The interior design of the hotel and the restaurant is based on the Buddha-Bar concept where lighting and sound play the main role. Thus you will be able to experience such an atmosphere that you would not find anywhere else but when visiting any Buddha-Bar restaurants around the world or one of the hotels.
Very much looking forward to welcoming you again on your next trip to Budapest!
Quality Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I was first there as a guest after Le Meridien (SPG) had overbooked their hotel and basically sent me over last minute. I was supposed to stay there for over a month on a project. When I saw Klotild Palace I decided to move there immediately. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and understood exactly what I needed. Besides everything else around is fantastic: design, facilitites, sound system, breakfast, the lounge bar and restaurant...everything;....I travel for a living and this is one of the best hotels I've seen.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mada_VD
EnikoBak, Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Mada,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience about your Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest stay! We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with our services! We do our best to provide the "home away from home" feeling and are certainly happy that it works!
Buddha-Bar is always there for you, whenever you are in Budapest!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

The Klotild Palace Hotel itself was very beautiful and absolutely deserves the 5-star rating it is given. I cannot imagine what the reviewers before me could possibly describe this as anything else but a 5 start establishment.

We had the honor of occupying one of the corner suites. This was very roomy and had many large windows. The insulation is quite good so we did not hear the busy Vaci Utca below us nor were we bothered by the loud construction across the street in front of the hotel. The bed was extremely comfortable and entertainment system was very nice. We did not get a fancy toilet as others have noted in previous reviews so if this is an important point for you make sure you discuss with the reservation agent. The rain showers are very nice and we did take a bath once which was a lot of fun in the giant over-sized bathtub.

My only complaint is that the pictures on the website for the hotel indicate that perhaps all corner suites come with a partial view of the Danube. Unfortunately this is not the case. The only partial view we got was of Vaci utca. I must admit this is probably the only reason I cannot justify giving my experience 5 stars. For the money we spent on the 4 nights we stayed here I feel like these type of things should be more clearly described. Alternatively the website could specify those rooms that have the advertised view and perhaps even charge a little extra for it if necessary. Either way more clarity and honesty would be appreciated (perhaps the next time we stay this will be corrected?). Perhaps my issue could have been easily prevented by calling ahead. The staff all speak excellent English! They are also extremely friendly and absolutely wonderful! They helped us find restaurants and helped us with directions numerous times. In fact they recommended one restaurant that was absolutely delicious and we would never have come upon without the recommendation (Aszu Etterem - see my review of that there). The staff really provided everything you would expect from a 5-star hotel treatment.

The bar also was a lot of fun and the entire hotel was just well appointed and beautifully designed. The entire ambiance was spectacular and wonderful! I highly recommend staying here... just call ahead and reserve the room you want! :)

Room Tip: We unfortunately did not have the time to try the spa but it sounded very nice. Although, perhaps a...
1 Thank Zsolt H
Dear Zsolt,

Many thanks for your detailed review, telling us about your Budapest experience! We are delighted to hear that you were so much in favour of your stay at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace! Thank you for your nice compliments and we are glad to hear that you had a chance to explore the world of Buddha-Bar from toe to top.
At the same time we would like to thank you for bringing our attention to the misleading photo, we already started to remove them. Corner suites however are very spacious as you described before, with a beautiful airy bathroom, attached to the large room, dominated by a large dragon motif on the wardrobe, covering the entire wall on one side. All modern amenities are there that each room features in the hotel, although toilet and bidet are separate in the bathroom.

Very much looking forward to your forthcoming visit!
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Rooms are very vivant with red / black motifs. The sound system and multimedia are the most amazing I ever encountered in a hotel, surely they wanted to create a unique ambient for the guests. Stuff are very kind and serviable.
Best of all, its the hotel location. 2 min walk to metro line 3 and seconds from the famous vatci utca.

1 Thank Guyzarz
EnikoBak, Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Dear "Guyzarz",

More than happy to hear your kind comments regarding your Budapest stay and in addition about your amazing experience at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest! Glad that the Buddha-Bar enterior captured your imagination and that you were fond of our technical solutions.

We do hope that you will return to Budapest soon and remember, that Buddha-Bar Hotel is always there for you right in the city centre on Váci utca!

Isle of Man
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Stayed here in June 2013 for four nights with my husband. Absolutely fabulous hotel, luxurious, comfortable and beautiful. Our room was perfect ( an executive double). Large very comfortable, super king size bed, loads of storage space, large wall mounted plasma TV, good sized bathroom with separate shower ( rainfall) and bath. Electronic toilet with remote control and heated toilet seat ( very swish!). the room is very dark, with we loved, and we slept very well. The only complaint I have us that I would have preferred a power shower and that when you showered all the water came out under the shower door, and flooded the bathroom. Breakfast was in the Sitharte cafe and was nice. Good selection of continental meats and cheese, pastries etc. I However, I think, as a five star hotel it should have call order chefs to prepare cooked items and a much bigger selection of fruits, juices and smoothies. Portions of the cooked food, were lovely, but very small ( 1-2 egg omelette and hash brown size of 50p piece e.g.). Reception staff super helpful, polite and very pleasant. Every one I spoke to was very knowledgeable and helpful. The Bhudda cocktail bar was amazing. The cocktails are fab! Try a Gingerissima ( delicious). Bar staff ( especially Atilla) really great. Atilla gave me a cocktail lesson on how to prepare my favourite drinks. He was very knowledgeable, friendly and approachable. The bar manager spoke to us each evening, very friendly and welcoming. This place more than anywhere in the hotel, there is an attitude of nothing being too much trouble, and where we were made to feel very special indeed. The Bhudda Bar restaurant was also absolutely fantastic. The food was delicious and I feel competitively priced for a high quality restaurant. I had Beef Thai salad with mango and wasabi dressing, Red Thai King prawn curry with lemon grass rice and trio of creme brûlée. Each item, beautifully presented and perfectly prepared. Portion sizes were good too, not nouvelle cuisine portion sizes. Was a little disappointed that we weren't able to visit the rooftop bar to see views over the city as it was closed throughout our stay. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would very much recommend this hotel. Budapest us a fabulous city with so much to see, and this hotel is in perfect lactation to see it all.

1 Thank Misti66
EnikoBak, Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Dear Misti,

It is a pleasure to read about your fabulous experience and we are very proud of your opinion as a senior contributor on Tripadvisor. Glad that the special, intimate atmosphere of the Buddha-Bar Hotel captured your hearts and that you had a chance to explore our world of Buddha-Bar from toe to top! Thank you for your compliments about our services and staff and special thanks for emphasizing how much you enjoyed your time at the Buddha-Bar Lounge. Your kind words of our bar staff, as well as about Attila, our bartender will be expressed!
Delighted that we had a chance to contribute to your perfect Budapest holiday and we truly hope that you will soon return to Budapest when we will have an other chance to spoil you with a perfect holiday.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Great hotel with good location being very central, yet out of the hustle and bustle... Managed to all tourist sites without any method of transport, obviously par walking...

The room sizes were very spicy, although I would ensure not to be on the 2nd floor as there is a late night bar with quite loud music... We were on the 4th and you wouldn't have known as was silent...

Breakfast had a great selection and set you up for a tourist trekking morning...

The majority of the staff were very helpful and considerate...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Dev,

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest! It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests return with warm memories and glad that we had a chance to be the starting point for your Budapest explores. Thank you for your kind comments on our staff and services and very much looking forward to your next visit to welcome you again at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest!

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 27 June 2013

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. I stayed there from 9th June and it was simply amazing, I stayed in the suite and everything is impressive, from the outstanding design, the comfy bed, the interactive TV and one amazing bath. The staff were very helpful and made sure that I had an amazing stay. I'd definitely go there again and when I go to Budapest again I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Go for the suites it's worth it
Dear Amr,

Many thanks for your kind words and delighted to hear that you so much enjoyed your stay at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest! We are glad that we had a chance to contribute to your amazing Budapest holiday and were satisfied with our services as well as with our staff.
Now we can only wait for your next visit to take you on a tour around the world of Buddha-Bar.