Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace
Ranked #38 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Triple L (location, location, location) can be used not only for real estate deals. When picking up an hotel - it's location is very important. This Buddha-Bar is located within walking distance from most of the places in Budapest you want to visit and see in your first trip to the city or in your 10th visit. The hotel is totaly new and modern. The staff - all of them, and I mean it -are nice, kind and really want to assist you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I write this based on the hotel promoting itself as a five star hotel. On my visit it certainly wasn't. If they said four star then I would give it more, but it's not so I can't.

The rooms are lovely, the beds comfortable and huge. The bathroom is great and the bath the size of a small swimming pool (we were in a junior suite). The staff are attentive and really care for you in a genuine way. The bar is great and again lovely staff.

However, the breakfast was poor, expensive and badly cooked. How can a five star hotel delivery poor eggs benedict. The 'spa' is tiny and certainly not five star wellness. The rooms have seen better days and benefit from dark paint and minimalist lighting to disguise the tattiness. In our room the toilet door wouldn't shut and a large metal holding bolt fell-off and the entire glass panel bathroom wall was left free to wobble.

I don't know another five star hotel that only leaves one bottle of water per guest per room irrespective of length of stay. We stayed four days and were left one bottle each for the whole visit. The fruit bowl was left and not changed all stay and was rotting by the time we left.

These are things that don not occur in five-star hotels, thus my rating.

If you want five star in Budapest go to The Four Seasons or The Corinthia.

If you want four star then this hotel is fine but then it needs to drop its prices too.

Shames really. Could do better. Much better and it wouldn't take much work.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank David J
TamasFazekas, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear David,

Thank you for your time to share your opinion about your time at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace! I understand that you chose the a Junior Suite for your stay, that is one of the most popular room types among our guests with its lovely Asian-colonial design, creating a romantic milieu. As you are most probably aware of it, the Buddha-Bar brand itself is a world-wide known concept based on the lighting structure, the famous Buddha-Bar music and the special colour schemes that of course our hotel is also wearing its unique features of. I believe that this explains quite well the reason to have a special mood lighting in the rooms, rather than concealing anything. Of course we do put high emphasis on quality, therefore I appreciate your opinion and we have already taken the necessary actions to correct what might be corrected.

I am also sorry to hear that the services we offer did not meet your refined expectations and apologize if you should have felt by any means inconvenient during your stay. Of course it is very important for us to receive constructive guest comments in order to learn about the needs and expectations of our guests in details, so your feedback is also valuable for me. I understand that luckily my colleague, the hotel’s Rooms Division Manager had a chance to meet you during your stay when you did show her around your room to explain about your remarks and tell her about your further points regarding the hotel. I am glad that we had a chance to fix the problem on the spot and to find an acceptable way to minimalize the inconveniences you had by offering a nice compensation.

I do hope that in spite of your first experience and despite the few points you mentioned, you will still feel the urge to revisit the Buddha-Bar Hotel on your next Budapest trip rather than choose any other five star hotels.
Looking forward to see you on the next occasion!

Tamás Fazekas

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I spent only one night. Very good location, Rooms are fancy only the problem was the is not easy to make the room completely dark, clean rooms, the Buddha - bar is remarkable , Good healthy breakfast with lots of fruits, check in and out was excellent, and Spa team is professional.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
EnikoBak, Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Sameh,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us! Glad that you were fond of the Buddha-Bar atmosphere and of the services we offer. I do appreciate you highlighting the breakfast, we've recently changed a few things to improve this morning experience of our guests and it is a pleasure to hear that our efforts are well accepted.

Do hope that you will have a chance to return soon for a longer period, very much looking forward to this occaison!

Eniko Bak
Quality Manager

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights as part of the Secret Escapes deal.

The hotel is located in the centre of town, an easy walk to most tourist attractions. The hotel is avert grand, opulent building, with an interior to match! There has clearly been a lot of care and attention that has gone into each little detail of the hotel.

The rooms were spacious and in keeping with the luxurious element of the rest of the hotel. The only drawback was the lack of lighting, which kept the room a little dark, but nothing to really fuss about!

We had a lovely cooked breakfast each morning, and drinks in the rooftop bar.

This hotel met and superseded expectations, I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask to avoid the rooms close to the bar/club as the music can be easily heard
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Ara,

Many thanks for your time to review your stay with us! Delighted to hear that you were so much amazed by your stay and you enjoyed both our facilities as well as our services. Thank you for highlighting the breakfast and happy to hear that the special cocktails of the Buddha-Bar were also welcome. I am happy to inform you that extra lights will be added to the rooms and therefore the rooms will be lighter than ever!

Hope to have a chance soon again to welcome you back at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest, truly looking forward to the pleasure.

Eniko Bak
Quality Manager

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed at the Buddha Hotel for 3 nights during my visit in Budapest. First of all, the location is very convenient close to the major attractions, restaurants and shops. The hotel is in a nicely renovated historical building. The room is very unique. I stayed in a superior room with king size bed. The ceilings are very high, and it gives an airy feeling. In contrast to the historical nature the building, the room was very modern decorated far eastern style. Red is the main color in the room. The sound system is top notch. You can choose all the Buddha Bar CD collection from TV multimedia system. The bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was rather small, but the heated floors, heated closet with technological hygene system really made the difference.
Breakfast was not included. I paid extra, but I was not impressed with the selection. Not bad, but nothing special.
Overall, I highly recommend this hotel because of the location and beautiful rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms with even numbers face the main road. They can be noisier but have better view in my opinion...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2014

While it was a Sunday night and not very populated, it was still a beautiful ambiance and good service. It was in a prime location near plenty of other places to eat and drink. Everything seemed top notch, wish I stayed there instead of where my travel people set me up.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel is located close to Astoria metro stop so getting around was easy the staff were very nice and accommodating.the room service was nice and food was great. There was a bar which I didn't care for the hotel was big and functional and the heated toilet seat was cool to use. I will definately be coming back

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family