“Loved it!”

Ranked #36 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Skegness, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

First and foremost, I always review a hotel by expectation level depending on the star rating. This hotel is 5 star and for me warrants it in almost every way. In fact, I couldn't fault it at all, although my wife claims she saw a beetle run across the floor one evening.

Easily within walking distance from the train station, the very first thing you'll notice about this hotel is it exterior beauty as you approach; it really is a converted palace! Amazing!

This hotel is different from any hotel I've ever stayed in before. The whole Asian fusion theme appealed to us, and I can only say I wasn't disappointed on arrival after researching it on here and their own website. The staff at the front desk were excellent when we checked in, especially considering what we must have looked and smelled like after a 6 hour train journey!
Our room was super cool; concealed wardrobes, mini bar and bathroom all added to the oriental mystique, whilst the and very large comfy bed with beautiful crisp white linen, large flat screen TV and excellent lighting configuration added to the initial impression of the relatively small, but perfectly formed, room.

The bathroom was excellent; heated floors, twin basins, heated toilet seat and a wonderful walk-in shower with hand or drench facility. But what struck me most was the automatic toilet! I may be from a rural area and way behind the times, but I'd never seen anything like this outside of The Three Seashells in Demolition Man! A toilet combined with a bidet with temperature, pulse and drying options really does change you after first use. I certainly will never be the same again!

Something I'm often concerned about on city breaks is road noise. Given the incredible central location of this hotel, I was dreading being woken early by the traffic, but the sound insulation from two sets of windows was as good as could be imagined. Also the curtains blacked out the room beautifully, even if they were a little fiddly.

The overall decor in this hotel is superb; interesting and different, combining opulence with feng shui. We didn't have the time to sample the bars or restaurants, but they were stunning to look at and one can only assume, excellent.

We loved our stay in the Buddha Bar Hotel and, even though we didn't get to explore enough of it, would highly recommend you stay there.

Room Tip: Check out the hotel's own website and believe...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Limerick
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We recently stayed 3 wonderful nights at the superbly located Budda Bar Hotel in Budapest. I had booked a "tower" duplex-suite" online directly on the hotel website. On arrival at the hotel I mentioned that I had also looked at the corner suite as both were the same price though was difficult to choose which one to go for online.. Anna at reception then offered to show us both rooms and we could choose! This was first for me! ...On viewing both rooms we decided on the Corner Suite on the 3rd floor as it had more windows and views of the city. Room was superb with great facilities. It was very clean with a very cosy bed and big pillows, large LED screeen with USB,free wifi that actually works!, well stocked minibar,free bottles of water, wonderful huge double bathroom with combined dounle rain shower. I advise anybody thinking of booking this hotel to look at the pictures of the suites and the bathrooms on the hotel website. Took advantage of the welcome cocktail at the outside Budda bar on the street. The cocktail was so nice we ordered another one, again very attentive staff here also ..Ended up at this bar several times for a nightcap over the few days.Unfortunately, the main Budda Bar inside the was closed as we were told it is was open Thursday to Sunday, though we were quite happy to sit outsde as the temperature had hit 37C over our 3 day visit. Fantastic breakfast, good choice of both hot and continental breakfast or both if one wanted. Overall, I can not compliment this hotel enough and especily the staff who make this hotel a very special place indeed. Have to give a special mention to Anna on the check-in desk as both polite and a great help to us with respect to booking restaurants, the baths and advice on things to do.If we get back to Budapest, this is where i'll be staying!

Room Tip: A Corner Suite is a must..
1 Thank headtheball
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed together with my daughter at the hotel. It was very good and the staff was very helpful. The location is perfect, everything is just "around the corner". The spa was not as big as I had hoped, when we went down there, there were already 2 men in the pool and it felt crowded so we went for the sauna instead. Not really what we had in mind when we wanted to cool off after a long. shopping day.

• Stayed July 2014
EnikoBak, Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear,

Thank you very much for your timie to post a review about your stay at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace! It is a pleasure to hear that you spent a nice time with us and enjoyed the services and facilities of the hotel, as well as its superb central location.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you might had at the Spa and hope that the saunas were for your convenience.

Do hope that you will soon have a chance to return to Budapest and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back!

Kind Regards,
Eniko Bak
Quality Manager
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Myself and my other half have just returned from this hotel after having an incredible four day break in Budapest. We booked this hotel through Secret Escapes for our first holiday away together and were amazed when we arrived. We were taken to our room which was no.527 and a Superior Room, which I would highly recommend getting! It was located at the far end of the 5th floor and was very quiet, in fact we very rarely heard anyone in the halls at all. We were amazed to be shown that the toilet had a remote control and we had a large bath tub and a double rainforest shower over the bath. The room itself was very clean and the bed was the comfiest thing I have slept on in a while with huge cosy pillows, we both slept very well and comfortably during our stay! The only downside was the balcony which was bricked up so unfortunately had no view.

The breakfasts was brilliant as well! We were greeted by one of the hotel staff and offered a choice of tea or coffee and hot breakfasts including eggs benedict and blueberry pancakes, as well as a choice of cereals, fruits, yoghurts, pastries, cold meats etc. Outstanding choice and delicious, I couldn't help but to stuff my face!

During the days, we mainly wondered around the city and had lunches and dinners out of the hotel, however we were told that the food in the Buddha Bar Restaurant which is located to other side of the hotel, was exquisite! We did however spend most evenings after dinner at the Buddha Bar which is located on the street outside the restaurant, where we found the service to be excellent. The choice of cocktails was also great, no doubt we worked our way through pretty much every cocktail they could make for us!

We spent one lazy afternoon in the hotel spa which was located on the ground floor of the hotel. It wasn't as big or as good as I had expected, however we didn't come to Budapest to just laze about in a spa so it didn't both us at all! We spent a relaxing hour using the sauna, steam room, hot pool and stone beds where we nearly dozed off, so it was a nice break to our busy day.

The location of the hotel couldn't be placed any more perfectly. It was right next to the Elizabeth bridge which is access over to the Buda side of Budapest and a short walk from the main square where you will find shops, bars and authentic restaurants plus some Italian places and the one and only Hard Rock Cafe, all within a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

Overall, we both had an amazing first time in Budapest and a fantastic stay at the Buddha Bar Hotel, and plan to revisit again before the end of the year. We met a lot of people travelling as well and the hotel staff had many recommendations to things to do and places to see, most of which we didn't have time to do in the short time we were there unfortunately! Thank you so much, we will be back! :)

Room Tip: If you can get a superior room with a large bath tub and the rainforest shower over the bath, you wo...
Newcastle-upon-Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed here last year and had a fantastic time. The hotel has a very romantic feel. It's very opulent and grown up. The famous bar is next door with easy access via a walkway if you are a hotel guest. A great place to chill and drink cocktails if you have the wallet for it. We booked a table and had a superb meal in the fantastic themed surroundings.

The location is great as you are next to one of the bridges so you can discover Buda and Pest without taking taxi's.

The room was superb. My partner loved the chilled music being piped to the bathroom and bedroom. Our friends had a suite with a huge bath and that was beautiful too. I was happy playing with the toilet! It lights up so those trips to the loo at night didn't have to be a lights on affair. It had it's own control to operate and included a heated seat. I'm easily pleased.

We had no issues stayin here and the staff were all very friendly. The city is stunning and has so much to offer so having the perfect hotel made the trip even more memorable.

Room Tip: The suites are more expensive but they are worth it if you can get a deal
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Into Asian motifs? As far as location & service, this place can't be beat. You are right smack in the heart of hearts of Budapest. Any direction from the hotel is a destination. The most convenient spot you can place a hotel. The service, in line with the Asian vibe, is extremely helpful - almost to the point of overwhelming. But the staff is relaxed enough to make you feel at ease. The rooms are quiet, huge and with very comfortable beds. The bathrooms are the best. It's basically a swanky downtown boutique hotel. I'm not sure I would call it high-end though (except for the bathrooms). The insistence on Asian (in particular Chinese) design feels cumbersome, and at times kitschy. Since some of the room furniture was sourced in China, the quality isn't top either (except the bathrooms, again). The rooms are really dark and if you have one of the duplexes the stairs may be a problem at night for older guests and those sampling the local wines. Eventually you find the switch that lights the stairs but until then it can be tricky. Save yourself the time and just ask the helpful staff to show you the lights. Also, the room-keys are these weird fobs with Chinese knots, too big to carry out so you leave them at the desk. Again, a bit of design over function maybe? Keycards are more convenient. Still, this place is fun and I can see it being a great romp for couples. That's who I'd recommend it to the most. It looks like the kind of place that gets bumping on the weekends (I was there during the week). Lots of bar space, restaurant space & large Cocktail menus. Think of it as a fun, Las- Vegas-type, Asian themed hotel in Budapest (sans gambling). Hats off to the staff again!

Room Tip: I stayed in a inside-facing duplex and it was very quiet. Helped me get over my jet-lag!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2014

What a gem. This hotel gives 5 star quality and service at average prices. The interior design, location, staff amenities......you name it and all are superb. The electronic toilets have been the subject of many funny stories and hearty laughter.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends