“Great hostel with an ever greater staff!!”

BlackSheep Hostel Budapest
BlackSheep Hostel Budapest
Ranked #184 of 638 Speciality Lodging in Budapest
“Great hostel with an ever greater staff!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Black Sheep is a modern hostel that is incredibly clean. The complimentary breakfast is nice, and the free wifi is surprisingly fast for a hostel and worked everywhere. Also, the hostel is located near a few metro stations and is a 15min walk to most of the big attractions and the beautiful szigets (islands) on the ruver. All that was great, but the reason I came back for a 2nd stay (and will be back in the future) is the Black Sheep staff. The staff is amazing and they really want you to have a good stay... Especially Anna (Bad-*** Balls Anna)! One day when I was supposed to meet a friend, Anna walked with me after her shift to show me where to go!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Stayed here for 1 night, we hadn't made a reservation and for the next day it was completely booked already. We had a really nice time, met some nice people, got a good tip to go to a rooftop party nearby which was fun!

Rooms are clean and there are lockers. Breakfast is included in the price and starts at 09.00 am. And there is a whole wall with all kinds of suggestions you can do. Location is very nice, with a lot of bars and restaurants close by. Staff is nice. Oh the elevator was broken upon arrival, but a few hours later it worked again! And all though check in was only at 3 pm we could store our bags for the remaining time and go into the city.

Only thing we didn't like too much - we closed the windows otherwise we couldn't sleep because of the noise, but it gets reaaaally hot at night that way...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This is the best hostel you can be in Budapest, i stayed there 3 nights while i was traveling by myself and all the staff made me feel comfortable!!! Also they give you breakfast in the morning which is reall coool because you dont have to go out nor cook when you are hangover!!! The staff is so friendly that you can go out to party with them, specially this cute girl named Era she was the best!!! We made a bet that she couldnt get me drunk because Im Mexican, well she could she got me so drunk that i only could barely walk, So now I have to go back there to give her a beer and a BIIIIIGGG HUG ;). HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Room Tip: Choose the six beds mixed dorm, is just 1 Euro more
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I travelled with a friend and it was our first time staying in a hostel. The Blacksheep Hostel was really a great experience. Great value, good location, staff was very nice and helpful, especially Geri who helped make sure we had the best experience in Budapest. Everything about this hostel was superb and I would absolutely stay there anytime I go back to the city.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This was my second trip to Budapest and the Blacksheep and there was no doubt on where I would stay again. This place is clean (freshly renovated + painted), rooms are spacious with quality lockers, the location couldnt be better and the atmosphere is whatever you make it but if you want to socialise there is always someone to chat to.

My only downfall on this particular trip was that Jim had moved on. His hospitality and help on our last visit was brilliant and it was a shame not to see him behind the desk after our nights out this time.Special thanks to Dora for her help and advice this trip we really appreciated it.

Thanks again Blacksheep.

Room Tip: Dorm rooms are cheap and clean. Cant help you with the sinmgle rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2013

My girlfriend had never stayed in a hostel so I wanted to show her the hostel experience to see if she might want to stay in others in the future. The building itself is beautiful, particularly the courtyard. We stayed in a room with one double bed, but at only €30 for the night it is very good value. The room was huge, with a wardrobe and our own fridge. The bed was one of the softest beds I've ever slept in. The staff are warm and friendly, there's a communal lounge and dining area where you can meet some other people who are travelling. The location is great for local nightlife and bars (like Szimpla Kert - check it out!). Our plan was to stay in the hostel for the saturday night and to go out, then to go to a hotel for the next couple of days. The hotel cost us €10 more per day, the room was half the size and the location was further outside of the centre - we should have stayed at Black Sheep the whole time!
All in all, a great place that I would definitely stay in again if I come back to Budapest.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Morzine, France
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Excellent hostel with a very good location close to the night life of down town Budapest. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable, especially Greta, who went out of her way to make our stay fun and trouble free.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends