“A MUST VISIT!”

and 1 more site!
BlackSheep Hostel Budapest
Ranked #342 of 666 Speciality Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The black sheep was the first hostel I have ever stayed in. This has set the standard for how I would expect a Hostel to be in terms of staff, cleanliness and facilities! There is a really relaxed environment and the bar downstairs is wicked! Everyone is really friendly but the staff really were 99% of the best bit. Big thanks to Zsofia, Adam and Judith (think thats how its spelt sorry). They made me and my friend really welcome and were really helpful with getting around, places to go. Big tip Vists it Bors Gastropub (cheers Judith :) ) In all honesty it was a shame to leave. 2 days of the 5 days we were there the showers were cold BUT it really helped shake the hangover due to the Palinka and they did get it sorted pretty sharpish! Cheers guys Hopefully we will be back in the Summer! Thanks a million for the experience!

Room Tip: Y1(was the bed number so that room) had a smoking veranda!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for BlackSheep Hostel Budapest

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

You can't fault the Blacksheep on anything, it is an awesome hostel and I will most definitely return to it and recommend it to others.

Apart from feeling like a cool place from home, the staff actually make the environment. Sometimes, you forget they are staff - especially when, they are cooking a traditional Hungarian meal with you and/or watching DVDs (a lot).

If I was 'forced' to be constructive, the washing machine wasn't working for the week I was there - but, so what, you're riding the blacksheep baby! Who needs clean clothes, anyway?

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2014

me and my friend were there for a day and the attention was excellent! they made us fell really comfortable and the stuff was really really friendly!
i took some good memories from there and met some awesome people!
i totally recomend it

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This city is just amazing! I really loved it! The Hostel has a perfect location, right inside the Jewish district where we found a lot of bars, restaurants and night clubs. The hostel was very clean and nice. The guy at the reception helped us a lot and we had good conversations. So thank you very much again and i hope we will see each other soon!

Room Tip: the ones with balcony!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Above and beyond service-I landed here by chance in between jobs and the staff have been fantastically accommodating with my unpredictable plan changes. A good-sized fridge, breakfast, and ability to cook food has also helped a lot. I've been in both a private room (could sleep two on the bed and maybe a third on the couch) and in an eight-bed room.

Noise echoes easily in the common areas, so even the back rooms hear it if there's a lot of people talking at normal volume. The 24-hour staff presence helps keep that down, and people would politely quiet down when asked by others too. Whenever my incidental roommates would came back from the pubs in the wee morning hours they would be careful to be quiet. I'm neither a heavy nor a light sleeper, but I didn't bother with ear plugs or ear canal headphones and music after my first night in the shared room. So I would get woken up sometimes but would be plenty able to fall back asleep. All the rooms have very dim cieling lights which can be annoying when your eyes are adapted to bright light, so each bed has a small lamp to see by without disturbing sleepers.

The hostel's got colorful colours and decorations, a warm atmosphere that feels welcoming and fun. The location's also fantastic! Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

That was really really nice!! Firstly, it is very cheap. At the same time, it is really clean and the staff is really nice. You can find big lockers to put your luggage and your stuff, and everyone has his/her own key. From that hostel I've been visiting Budapest walking, so it's pretty central. You can use the kitchen as you want For cooking. Very good!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 December 2013

As I was only staying in Budapest one night, I searched and found this hostel online. I tried to book this hostel the day before however for some reason it would not let me input just two people to stay at the hostel - anyway this was not a problem for them as they emailed back very quickly and was able to accomodate us and even upon sending emails at 11pm in the evening they were still able to respond to this - which I was really surprised at. Upon arrival we met the friendly receptionist called Gretta who was happy to help us with everything.She asked us how we wanted to pay by forint or euros which was really nice to see and very accomodating. The hostel was very modern inside and the rooms were also very big. Everywhere was kept clean. Although we had been very busy and didn't want to go out in the evening, the hostel is very accessible to the heart of Budapest. Surrounding the hostel there are many different bars and at night especially on the weekend, it is a lively area. The hostel also lay on a programme of events for most of the week with a Hungarian cooking session, a bar crawl on another night and other things during the week. They were also great at recommending some things to do if we weren't busy like a free walking tour to understand about Budapest. With the cost of the stay - it also included breakfast. When I next visit Budapest - I will definitely stay here - its a great place to stay and great value for money. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends