“Very tasty!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Located in the most peaceful part of District V in a small side street of Vaci Utca (Papnovelde utca 3.), BARBar Cafe & Chocolate is THE BEST chocolateria in this town! The owners, a young couple named Viki and Tomi, are very enthusiastic about the cafe and their aim is to make the guests utterly at home and relaxed in their cafe.The philosophy behind it is: using only high-quality ingredients for the preparation of coffees, lemonades and chocolates. For the chocolate drinks they buy real Belgian Callebaut chocolate (dark 70%, milk 47% or white 28% chocolate pastilles and not powder that is sued in most other Budapest cafes). The freshly made lemonade drinks (in ajam jar) are very refreshing on a sultry summer day. You can also have snacks, should you feel peckish: try the various spreads (aubergine spread, Italian pesto, spiced tomato cream). BARBar Cafe has laid-back atmosphere with warm colors and creative furnishing (refurbished Singer sewing machines serve as tables).
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
“Very tasty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We went to this café after reading reviews on Tripadvisor and it did not disappoint! We both had milk hot chocolates which were very yummy indeed. The atmosphere was cosy and the staff friendly also. Free wifi too which was a nice added touch! A café to go to if you're planning a visit to Budapest.

• Polish first
Fort William, United Kingdom
“Fab quirky little place - you must visit!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

My teenage daughter (who loves chocolate!) decided we had to go here one afternoon so we duly complied!!
I was delighted! It is really funky and the service was great! Lots of options... Funny quotes about chocolate on the walls.
I had a mint green tea hot punch - really tasty - very unusual! The kids had milkshakes which they thoroughly enjoyed and I can't remember what my husband had!
There is an area for young children to play and it is quite small and intimate for a romantic date!!
Highly recommended!

UK
“Don't go full!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Intrigued as to why it was so highly rated on tripadvisor, we went along one Sunday afternoon to check it out...beware....this is the only day it is shut!!
Undeterred we headed there the next day for an afternoon drink after lunch.
The ambience and decor is very unique and homely and the staff very friendly. We ordered herbal teas, caramel milkshakes and a rum based warm punch and not one of us left unsatisfied!
Great place for a drink with a difference...although we didn't taste the hot chocolate if looked lovely!

Perth
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was recommended this place by my hostel. It is so nice and cosy inside and their selection of flavours of hot chocolate is phenomenal! And mind blowingly delicious. Very friendly service and definitely worth visiting. Don't miss it!

Plymouth, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I wish that I lived closer so I could go again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

We were in Budapest at the beginning of this month, and I made this Cafe a "must see" destination on our list for Budapest based on the reviews. I certainly wasn't disappointed! The service was very friendly and the hot chocolate super hot and very delicious! The decor of the place was very cozy as well. I will be back if I am ever back in Budapest!