“Perfect settting”

Ranked #121 of 3,515 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District I / Buda
Description: Visit our Mediterranean restaurant next to the historical Buda Castle, where we offer for our guests beside the traditional Italian and Hungarian dishes special and a wide range of risottos and oven-baked pizza too. The interior and exterior appearance of the restaurant affords a perfect place to have a romantic dinner and to organize a family reunion or a business events and weddings.During the nice weather the guests can feel on our marvelous 80-seats terrace to relax.We are thinking of families with building of a playground for children. We are looking forward to welcoming you in Riso Restaurant!- Mediterranean feeling, friendly service- Perfect parking possibility- Wide range of dishes, wines and prosecco- Accommodation possibility/Hotel Castle Garden ****- Buda Castle
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Riso sits in the shadow of the Royal Castle and has a well arranged, inviting terrace.
Offers a fresh and consize menue, meditarian & fusion dishes.
Food is offered at an outstanding price/performance ratio,
Service is good to, at times (like at our recent visit) excellent.

1  Thank Bogarfi

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We visited this restaurant during a three night trip to Budapest in January 2014. As it was low-season we only reserved a table a few hours before, but in truth we probably could’ve just turned up on the evening without any trouble. It appears to double up as a hotel restaurant, but don’t let this put you off as the food is very good.

The menu choices are fairly broad (including curry for those who don’t fancy Italian!) and, given the location, the prices are very reasonable. Service was generally very quick, although the staff did stand around chatting and joking with each other at times. Nevertheless, it’s definitely worth a visit if you’re staying on the Buda side.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I love the Buda Castle and while I have had many walks in the area, I have never seen Riso restaurant. While overall the restaurant was nothing very-very special, it was one of the rare experiences when everything was in a good balance: the food was good (we had pizza), the staff was polite, professional and friendly, the location and scenery was relaxing. If I could rate 4.5 starts I probably would - Riso is definitely recommended, I am sure to be back. Don't miss out on the walk in Buda Castle and Lovas utca.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We loved their pizza and the lemonade with mint! It was a Nice location near the castle wall with a playground for our kids!

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I visited Riso with my wife and two children (9 and 6). The service was good, and food was ok. Pretty ok value for money. Special thanks to family-friendly staff who treated my children as if they would have paying for the service. That made us all feel special.