“Overpriced and way too slow”

Leroy Cafe West end City Center
Ranked #989 of 3,375 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 March 2014

With mainly fast food restaurants in the mall, I ended up here as I wanted something a bit nicer. I visited at 2pm on a weekday so hardly the busiest meal time. Indeed, the restaurant was only at about two-thirds capacity.

The prices are rather high and certainly very high given the poor service. Of course, food quality matters and yes, the food was good. That is why I gave the place 3 stars instead of 2.

But beware of the sloooooooow service. I honestly don't understand how it could have taken so long to get our two dishes out at a relatively low-key time. Additionally, it was impossible to get the waiter to look our way so I had to walk up to him at the end to get our check. It's not that he was busy with other customers. He was busy chatting with a friend at the bar.

For the cost of this place, customers reasonably expect better service, something the restaurant does not deliver. Would I visit again? That is extremely unlikely.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Good food. Some Hungarian classics as well in the 'retro' menu. Had some wok dishes and were all good. Szabolcs was serving us and it's rare to get such polite and exceptionally great service!

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

There are several Leroy restaurants in Budapest so there is some confusion about it on Tripadvisor. This review is about the restaurant inWestEnd mall.

The restaurant is big and could sit over 150 people. It has American interior, feels like an American steakhouse. It also has a long bar with numerous Alcohol beverages.

Leroy has great choice of sushi and sashimi and it tastes great. It also offers steaks and other American and Asian food.

They have excellent choice of coctails. Bloody Mary was awesome.

Guests are mostly foreigners and upper class Hungarians. Leroy is great place for lunch or dinner. It is the best shoping mall restaurant we have been to. Will be back.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

good service, good location, nice design, clean toilet. the food was high quality and the waiter was flexible with our wishes. a good place!!

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I would say everything was really good, the Thai soup was superb, the main courses also top. The mistake was that the menu promised fresh blue berry, but marmalade was served instead. The manager told us that fresh berries were not available on the market that morning, which is tolerable, but the waiter should have informed us. The restaurant acknowledged the mistake, which is fine. The manager said that there are only negative reports on the Tripadvisor, satisfied guests never post. I am not sure this is true, but it is important to know - and I am an eyewitness of this - that during lunchtime the restaurant is always full. This is also in important sign, and I shall also return, because, despite of this mistake, I do like Leroy.