“Excellent Raw Restaurant”

Veggie Raw Vegan Bistro
Ranked #765 of 3,354 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$1 - US$14
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Mannatural Life Bar is the first raw- vegan restaurant in city! Situated few steps away from the Parliament, it offers freshly made soups, main dishes, salads, desserts, juices, tees and coffee. Everything is lactose free, glutein free and without animal addictions and sugar. Choose the vegan side of the life!
Reviewed 7 May 2014

First off - don't think you haven't found it. It is labelled as Restaurant of Life. I almost walked by thinking it was gone.

This place is great. The desserts looked so good, I decided to have my meal backwards. In addition to the incredible chocolate cake I had, the owner gave me some samples of other desserts. All were amazing. There is a variety of counter served items to choose from that you can get in a small plate or large plate size. Such a sweet little spot that is easy to get to and quite central to a lot of attractions (Parliament, etc). Absolutely terrific, a definite for the list as you plan.

1  Thank aps101

Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

We loved their desserts (apple banana and bounty cake). As for the main dishes, the friendly guy behind the counter assembled each of us a plate with a big selection of salads, all of them seasoned with different nut-based sauces. My girlfriend thinks that they are not up to speed with the common food combining rules and we both thought their salads where a bit on the hard-to-digest (raw/fatty) side.

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

This place is awesome, huge variety of drinks, juices and seeds milk shakes, enormous buffet where everything is extremely tasty, amazing desserts, I seriously thought about becoming a raw vegan after I had eaten in this lovely restaurant, I would have eaten there everyday if I could!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Average price, so very good value for food.
Fantastic cakes. 600 forint for a cake seems expensive, but compare with an average traditional cake with white sugar, white flour, egg, milk, preservatives and etc. these vegan raw cakes are made only from fruits and nuts. Considering this fact they worth much more than 2 normal cake so they are extremly good value. In fact I can eat one cake, renjoy it very much and not be hungry anymore.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I looked at their website before I went there, and it led me to expect much more. Most of the stuff on the site was not present in the store, including some of the smoothies and nut milks. The ordering process was a bit confusing too, and it was basically a bunch of shredded or chopped veggies and fruits in different sauces. The cabbage dish I ended up getting didn't blow my socks off, but it was satisfying. The smoothie was tasty too and so was the cake - not much selection there either, they were all about the same flavoring.
The price was right and the food with dessert and smoothie was satisfying my hunger for 4-5 hrs with lots of walking, but I don't know if I would return again when I visit. I might, just to see more of their main dishes or try the soups (which I didn't see any of being offered).