“Good Experience and Clean Place”
Review of Hotel Elit

Hotel Elit
Ranked #144 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
East Lansing, Michigan, United States
“Good Experience and Clean Place”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed here for four nights, it was my first trip to Budapest, and did not quite know what to expect. Overall the hotel was quite good, the only reason I wouldn't give it an excellent was the location, being that it was about a twenty minute walk to the Danube, but other than that it was great. The rooms were extremely clean and rather large considering the price. The hotel bar and cafe was nice with competitive pricing compared to some of the bars near the city centre. The staff was quite helpful and will arrange a taxi for you, which is almost a must if you are traveling to the airport. The hotel is close to the Kelelti station which is good news if you are taking the train. This place was a very comfortable place to stay and I will be back.

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kraig A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2013

With changes made to the rooms most recently made staying at the hotel visually pleasant, a rustic feel to the bar (a good thing) made you feel you were in the NY or London! However, the best part about our stay was assistance, service and communication that Roberto gave my friends and I. His knowledge of the city is second to none and that advise was very good indeed.

Location of the Hotel is 10-15 mins walks from the inner city and another 10-15 thereafter tot he river (one straight line of walking). With the hotel being situated on the main road of Rakoczi it was very easy to either get a cab or public transport.

Room Tip: Both rooms were very clean and aesthetically pleasing, excellent facilities and an AWESOME shower in...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Karlabe
Timisoara
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Great Location. Large & clean room. The advantaje from my point of viwe is that, first, you enter in a small bar, and after that you can find the reception. It's a good way to make sure that you won't have a bad surprize.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Marbella
Reviewed 24 April 2013

This is my 3rd stay in the Elit and it hasnt let me down yet. Its very good value for money with large clean rooms. It is in a good location with everything you need within easy walking distance. The staff are exceptionally helpful without the stiffness of the western Euopean hotels. I came for dental treatment but was working as usual on my computer whilst here. The broadband is quick and presented no problems for VOIP calls. Tour buses and normal bus transport is within 50m but despite being in a fairly busy location I have slept like a baby. If you want 5 star opulence at 2 star prices look elsewhere, but if you want good value for money look no further.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank robertmiles1000
Beavercreek, Ohio
Reviewed 17 April 2013

First, the hotel is located in a bar. You walk into the bar, walk towards the back & there is the reception desk. Not elevator. Room is semi dark with artificial light. The pictures you see where the light looks yellow & dingy is an appropriate review of what to expect. Rooms were mostly clean, though there was a ball of chewed gum on top of the bed frame. Mattress was thin & I hate when hotels only give 1 flat pillow to sleep on. We were 2 friends traveling together & we asked for 2 beds, but we got 2 single beds pushed together....Bathroom was a little small, there were 2 few towels for us. The shower was roomy but the drain clogged. And there was free Internet. I would have chosen something better, but I find the pictures misleading.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BrittonG

Travellers are raving about these Budapest hotels

Reviewed 10 March 2013

I really enjoy my holidays in Budapest in this hotel, not only me but also my other three friends that share my opinion! Good position and very very good staff (Robert is the best)! I REALLY ADVISE IT AT ALL! LO COSNIGLIO A TUTTI!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
New Kensington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We were very pleased with this hotel. Atilla checked us in and gave us great information and suggestions. We also enjoyed a buffet breakfast in their small diningroom. The bar on the first floor was a nice closing for our day.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends