“Fantastic food shame about the staff”

Napfenyes Restaurant and Confectionery
Ranked #206 of 3,778 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$2 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Napfényes Restaurant welcomes everyone who would like to try authentic Hungarian cuisine and international dishes prepared veg-style. Napfényes has the widest range of vegan à la carte dishes in town, offering dairy free, gluten free and even raw options to customers with special needs. Daily menus (from 11:30 am till 5 pm), Chef's choice for the weekend, soups, pizzas, pastas, a salad bar, fresh juices and smoothies are here to impress you. Come with an empty stomach to have room for a treat after your meal: in the pastry section you will find delicious cakes and vegan ice-cream. Check the music and dance programmes in the event hall, or rent the hall out for private events.
Reviewed 25 July 2016

I walked in to be seated and was ignored for 5 minutes while the waitresses continued their conversation at the counter. After being seated I waited 25 minutes for someone to take my order and in the end I had to get up and go and find someone. I would like to add the restaurant wasn't very busy so it wasn't as though they were rushed off their feet. The food took quite some time to come but was well worth the wait! Big portions, extremely tasty and good value for the money.

I would recommend this place but don't expect good customer service - at no point did I even get a please or thank you.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (949)

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

* * * * * I recommend * * * * *

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank MJPM4
Reviewed 23 July 2016

Wonderful cake selection, also has vegan ice creams. Weather you're a vegan or not, these cakes will make your mouth water.
Super friendly service and reasonable prices.
When in Budapest definately worth to visit!

Reviewed 22 July 2016

I came across Napfényes Étterem és Cukrászda, because I stayed very close in "Maverick Hostel". I'm not vegan, but the welcoming pavement café I couldn't resist, I had some soft-drinks, the service was very pleasant, so for the second time I went inside and had lunch.
I ordered a "Mediterán Sálata". It tasted good, unfamiliar. What I disliked was the cheese on the top, it blanketed the beautiful salad. The eye must be pleased as well.
Waiters and waitresses are very good, patient, personable and professional.
The interior design is very enjoyable, calmative and relaxing. The tables are laid accurately: tablecloth and nice tableware.
In front you can get vegan pastry and icecream. A cone of delicious ice-cream compleated my meal.
The price level, I reckon, is quite reasonable, HUF 2000 all in all for a lunch is quite acceptable.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 15 July 2016

Service was fast helpful and accurate. Food was typical bland vegan food with no stand out qualities. Pretty cheap.