“Location was perfect”

Corvin Plaza Apartments & Suites
Ranked #46 of 671 Speciality Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed two nights for my mates stag do in a three bed apartment. 5 of us altogether an there was plenty of room. Really clean and modern apartment with WiFi.
The staff were great and very helpful. They have a lot of info and leaflets about the surrounding area, possible tours, bars and places to eat.
The location was great for us, just out of the city centre but just off the main road going in to the centre. It was only a short taxi ride from the airport arranged by the apartments on request.
Really good value for the five of us we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014
TamasKlauber, Front Office Manager at Corvin Plaza Apartments & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Ross,

Thank you for the pleasant review, and we are waiting for your next reservation here in the future.

We can also offer very nice places to hangout with your friends during the nights and just relax in a big Sport and Wellness Center during the days only about few minutes away. :)

If you are interested in it, just let us know!

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Very very nice place. My friends and me stayed here for 2 nights on previous weekend and we were more than pleasently surprised with Corvin Plaza acommodation. The only less impressive score goes on neighbourhood, not unfriendly but a strange in some way and english language lvl on reception desk...we had small difficulties in gathering some information but eventually it was successful :).

In any case I strongly recommend this place, especially if you are group of friends, below 35.

Best

Stefan

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2014

10 of us stayed here and all i/we can say is good things about here!! Perfect little crash pad apartments with all mod-cons. Clean, Ideally situated, everything on your door step (even a McDonalds for breakfast). Would definitely stay here again!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed in Corvin Lux Apartments for 2 day. I was traveling with family ( 2 children) and it was perfect from the moment we arrived. Great location just a 2 stops with metro from the center. Metro station was very close just a short walk away. It is also easy to walk to the center from the apartment. Conveniently there is a shopping mall just outside the apartment, a Lidl supermarket and many bars and bistros. Breakfast was provided in the Kompot Bistro and it was very good.
The staff was kind and helpful from the moment I called them to get a detailed instructions about our reserved parking.
The apartment was very clean, spacious and comfortable. Well equipped kitchen, modern bathroom and comfortable bedding. Great place.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 18 June 2014

A group of 7 of us stayed here for a lads holiday, it was meant for 6 but we asked if we could put another bed in short notice which the owner kindly obliged. The Corvin Plaza was an absolute pleasure to stay in. The staff were more than helpful - calling taxi's (even after we checked out!) for us and helping us find things to do during the day.

The apartment size was great and it was very tidy. Had everything you could have asked for, including a washing machine that 7 lads didn't know how to use but we appreciated it anyway.

If I ever come to Budapest again - which I hope I do - I'd love to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dan M
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I arrived at the hotel early in the morning and asked the guy at the reception if i could access my room (I was intending to take a shower, because I spent the night in a train). He told me that it was not possible because there were no rooms available at that moment. He was helpful and friendly. Gave me a map and directions to visit the main attractions of the city. When I came back later to check-in I was received by a rude and ironic girl and realised where I was. First of all: the payment must be done in advance, even without any mention about it when you make the reservation. When I made the reservation I choose not pay at that moment and the hotel charged me (and canceled it after) "to make a test" of my credit card. It never happened with me before. More: the payment should be done only in cash, since the hotel was with "temporary problems" with credit cards. I felt that it's a trap. I told that its not a nice policy and the rude/arrogant/ironic girl argued that it was to avoid problems with guests who leave the hotel without pay the bill. Its ridiculous, since they have my credit card number and already had tested it.... and this kind of problem must have occurred even in the best hotels of the world eventually and it's not a reason to adopt this policy. Fortunately I has passed in the bank and had the money, otherwise I would need to go out again, get the cash and come back to the hotel for check-in.... Furthermore, I realized that there are many conditions imposed to the guests, some of it I never saw before: if you have an early check-in, you pay 15 euros (what's the reason for it, if the hotel will not rent the room for other people and the room is empty???) and they charge you for ar conditioning!!! (this is the first time in my life, after visit more then 30 countries I saw something like this). After it, I guess "what kind of people they receive here? should I stay in this mousetrap?" but in fact my conclusion is other: they hate guests and they deal with them only to get their money. if possible they would have a hotel without guests. About the hotel itself: it's a kind of apart-hotel, spacious and includes a kitchen and a wash machine. I stayed there 2 nights and there was no cleaning in the room or changing the linens/towels. Location is not good. Many old buildings around make the atmosphere a little scaring. It's a bit far from the main attractions of the city, but there's a bus stop very close and the bus #9 carry you to the hot spots of Budapest. Subway is not so far and a small shopping mall is very close too. Around the corner there's a McDonalds where you can have a good breakfast (I didn't try at the hotel). Furniture could be better (there's nothing in the room to put your glass ou cell phone at night, but the floor). No shampoo in the bathroom. Bad wi-fi internet (free). Ironicaly, its password is "niceplace"... Perhaps is good for a family (they can use the kitchen) and for hungarians who need to stay for a longer stay and are familiar with that kind of treatment, not for solo travellers or a couple or for somebody who expects a good hospitality when visiting a foreign country. I don't recomend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and sorry if you feel it was not your best holiday.

First of all I would like to tell you about the conditions in our place. I am so sorry that you did not read the conditions before you reserved the apartment on the site, but after your reservation we also send you our special confirmation letter and all the things that you should know before you come here. If you would read it, it should not have been a surprise for you, we have extra fees above th accomodation, we have cleaning only upon your request (without your permittion nobody will go in to your apartment), the cleaning is included in the price on your every 4th day, anyway this is still aparment house for self-service...

About the tested credit card: unfortunately we had many guests in the past, who did not have credit on the card, we kept them the reservation, after they did not arrive, and their rooms stood empty, this is the reason why always make pre-authorisation on every credit cards, and it is also written on the reservation sites in advance and in our confirmation letter. This is the guarantee of the reservation.

The early check-in is used to possible if we know in advance, because it was requested by the guest. The check-out is until 11:00, so we need time to clean the flats before the next arrivals, therefor the normal check-in is from 15:00, which is also written everywhere (and the early check-in possibility as well for the extra fee). If we need to be hurry caused by an arriving at 12:00 we need to have extra persons for the cleaning, that's why there is the extra fee.

We are an apartment house, which means self-service, however we provide lot of things for our customers. To offer our best prices for the families, younger generations, etc we give the choice to everybody to use extras above the accomodation fee or not. Lot of guests do not need the air condition, or extra services, in these cases we do not would like them to pay for it. So if somebody would like to use it upon request there is an extra fee of them.

I hope your next holiday will be better, and you will know where you would like to go.
Anyway thank you for your message, and we will try to be more "guest friendly".

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

A group of 14 of us stayed here and had a fantastic time!! The staff are lovely, the location is good and the apartments themselves were well beyond what we expected! Whatever we needed help with they accommodated us and we're very helpful even before we arrived, responding to emails ASAP!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
TamasKlauber, General Manager at Corvin Plaza Apartments & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We are very grateful with your review.

We always help as we can with everything to our guests, and try to solve what they ask us. Good to see we could do for you our best!

If you are in Budapest visit us again! You will not regret it! :)