“A bit noisy if facing south”

Budapest Marriott Hotel
Ranked #33 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The location of this hotel is excellent - a short walk to Vaci Street which is the main pedestrian street in Budapest, with cafes, shopping, and great people-watching. Another five minutes to catch the Deák Ferenc tér Metro stop which connects the 3 subway lines in the city.

Beautiful river views, especially at night - the bridges are lit up and you can see Mathias Church and the palace on Castle Hill, which is stunning.

My major complaint was that our room was over a nightclub or bar or restaurant of some sort, which played relatively loud music until at least midnight every night - it was loud enough for me to recognize Miley Cyrus's voice (which was unfortunate in its own right), and kept me awake for a bit. I would certainly stay here again but would make sure to request a north-facing room.

3  Thank MissNeuron
Rick E, General Manager at Budapest Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for your recent review here on TripAdvisor, your comments are sincerely appreciated.
I must apologize for the issues you experienced with regards to loud music.
I have spoken to our housekeeping and front desk staff to discuss these issues as we do not have a bar at the south part of the building.
Thank you once again for your commets and I do hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Best regards,

Rick Enders

Write a ReviewReviews (3,154)

Reviewed 12 April 2014

This was a really nice hotel with a great location. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was a good size. The breakfast buffet had a wide variety of options and the food was excellent. We also ate in Peppers! on one of our nights there and food and service were excellent also. The only issue I had with this hotel was that I had to make a phone call to a free number in the US. I asked at the front desk and was assured that I would be charged a fee of around 2 Euros but that I would not be charged per minute. I came home to a $47 charge on my credit card. Except for this, I would recommend this hotel for a stay in Budapest.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

I would like to thank you for writing such a detailed review after your most recent stay with us.
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed the breakfast and your dinner at Peppers!

I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 April 2014

After our river cruise we stayed here. Upon arrival there was just one bed although two were requested through our travel agency. The hotel responded quickly and we had our new room plus a bathtub within 30 minutes and still with a fantastic view of the Danube. Most comfortable beds I've slept in and soft linens made for a good sleep! The room service was very speedy with requests for various things, such as ice, slippers and an extra robe. Breakfast buffet selection was amazing with good service, omelet bar and lots of fruit! Convenient to the outdoor market, restaurants and many sites. As in a lot of European hotels Wi-Fi was available for free in the lobby but not in the room. Check out the beautiful crystal lighting over the lobby!

Room Tip: All rooms seem to face the river. Some rooms do not have a bathtub-so request that if you want one...
1  Thank Laura7Clearwater
Rick E, General Manager at Budapest Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

I am truly delighted you had such an enjoyable stay and we all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back next time you are visiting Budapest.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Concierge, reception, waiters in Pepper restaurant, our housekeeping girl, all wonderful! Our stay went without a glitch! Clean, great view of the river, and reasonable. The executive lounge was well stock with hot and cold drinks and snacks. They did serve appetizers and wine in the afternoon.

Room Tip: Always the higher floors, away from elevators
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments and rest assured I will be sure to share with the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and thank you once again,

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2014

This is a pretty nice hotel on the Danube with a view. Standard Marriott rooms and bedding. It all ends there. Room cleaning service iis minimal upon request. Internet is available for a fee, but don't put your credit card away, TV News, (not movies) can also be bought. If you want to get the 'Seinfeld Soup Nazi' on your problem, press the "At Your Service" button on phone. Do not attempt to make calls outside the hotel yourself, the "nazi" will not allow it. Wake up calls are only accepted at reasonable hours, for the hotel staff! Water leaking through the bathroom wall, from the room above? I will not stay here again and I don't recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask what it will actually cost you to stay here!
3  Thank johrene
Rick E, General Manager at Budapest Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for taking time to rate our hotel after your visit with us.

We do respect your views and the service we provide to our guests should not be influenced whether or not there is an intention to write a review.

I am so sorry for your disappointment with your recent stay.
I have taken good note of all your remarks and please be assured that your comments will be carefully considered.
Our goal is to deliver the best guest experience possible. As you can see from other TripAdvisor comments, what you experienced is certainly not the norm.

Also I have reached out to you via private message in order to have an opportunity to offer my sincere apologies directly.
I am sorry that you feel you will not return to stay at the hotel. If you should change your mind in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me personally so that I can ensure you have a wonderful and relaxing stay.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 5 April 2014

enjoyed a two night stay early in April. Whilst the hotel is very `corporate` in style, the service was excellent, bedrooms extremely comfortable and well sized, and the views superb. Staff at breakfast couldnt be more helpful, and the hotel is in a great position on the riverfront. Wifi is available for free in the reception...but could make it freely available in rooms!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Rick E, General Manager at Budapest Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit overall.
I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We have stayed in Marriott Hotels all over the world.
Both for work and pleasure.
The Budapest Marriott is one of the best.
You pick a topic and the answer will be, "One of the best".
Location, cleanliness, professional & courteous staff, value, etc., etc.
The Executive Lounge is outstanding in all aspects.
Tram 2 runs in front of the hotel's river side, and connects to the metro lines.

Room Tip: All rooms face the Danube River
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am so happy to read your kind words.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Warmest regards